Stewart Pinkerton

Default THE PINKERTON TRAVESTY

On 11 Mar 2005 22:40:00 -0000, Andre Jute
wrote:

THE PINKERTON TRAVESTY

Another typical attack thread by the posturing liar Jute.

I put my 300B project in abeyance to give Stewart Pinkerton all the space he
didn't give me to design, build and test his silicon challenger.

No, you snuck off to the corner after I deconstructed your deluded
rantings.

After all
Pinkerton's sickening bragging about his skills,

Just another typical Jute lie.

and the months of detailed
help Patrick Turner, John Byrns, John Stewart and other gave Pinkerton, I really
expected something extraordinary.

What 'help'? Just another typical Jute lie.

Now Pinkerton's result is published as the KISSass on ABSE after an attempt
by Pinkerton to sneak it in unannounced at some obscure photo image archive.

Just another typical Jute lie.

It is described on ABSE by Pinkerton as "a minimalist design, targetted at
being a SS equivalent to the 300B 'zero feedback' single-ended tube amp put
up by Andre Jute and called KISS - hence my Keep It Simple, And Solid State."

Quite so.

"Equivalent" -- how? As a homage to my The KISS Amp 300B

You really are a sadly deluded sack of ****, aren't you? No 'homage'
this, simply an equally *bad* design.

this effort by Pinkerton
is a travesty. It isn't simple, it isn't ZNFB, the parts counts is grotesque.
As a challenger, it breaks all the rules of the contest. It is simply contemptible.

Sure it's simple, it's a single utterly simple voltage gain stage,
with emitter-follower impedance converters on either side. In that
sense, it's even more simple than what KISS is *purported* to be - not
that there's any sign of KISS from you.

It's not a 'challenger', you deluded clown, it's simply an easy to
build SS amp which will have a similar sonic signature to KISS.

What about Pinkerton's piece of **** took four months to design?

What about your KISS POS couldn't be done by any ten year old?

It isn't built,
it isn't tested, it isn't described, it has no logic, it is a bodge.

Where is KISS?

Even in
its own terms it fails miserably. Last year I published a more likely silicon
contender (1) a couple of days after I first grasped that Pinkerton's promises
are hot air.

That is of course a flat lie, your 'Gainclone' was around long before
that, and of course it is an utterly incompetent lashup with no
resemblance whatever to a minimalist SS design approach. It's a hugely
complex OPAMP, you cretin!

Pinkerton's sig is "Music is Art - Audio is Engineering". On this evidence
he has neither art nor engineering. He must call himself a designer because
his mommy says he can.

You have no such evidence, most likely because you have no ability to
make such a judgement.

(1) I published a pseudo-tube silicon amp that can be cheaply built a couple
of days after I realized Pinkerton would attempt to delay the KISSass project
to death. It is at

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/KISS%20190.htm

and these are the individual articles and drawings:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20mGBschem.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...%20mGBmatr.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...%20NoBleed.jpg

And note how *all* these articles predate the KISS projecy. Andre Jute
is such a pathological liar that he can no longer distinguish reality
from his twisted fantasy world.

I recall that the IEEE Audio Working Group published a 50-watt
transistor amp with a total of five semiconductors (discrete) in '63 or
so. I wasn't reading it back then but a friend sent me a copy. It used
a very neatly wound almost-autoformer (an autoformer with an isolated
feedback winding, which makes it a transformer technically) that for
all I know might have been a progenitor to the autoformer coupled
Mcintosh.