Engineer

Default WTB: one or two more 6BM8 tubes!

Hi, RATS,
From a previous post (below) I bought one excellent 6BM8 (ECL82) from
Dan but now I need another one! (or two)

I'm restoring a rather ratty Pioneer SM-B200 chassis from the1960's.
One nominally 8 watt stereo channel remained persistently distorted
over 1 watt (other is perfect.) I played with the bias (was OK),
changed the audio coupling caps (one was marginal), but all to no
effect. I feared the OPT was dead - not so, fortunately. It was a bad
6BM8 O/P tube. Strangely, this tube tested 82%/83% on a recalibrated
Heathkit TC-2 (but emission only), the good ones test at 87%/88%. I
found it when I finally swapped tubes around.

So, anyone with a spare 6BM8 (ECL82) please email me at:
"analogdino 'at' rogers 'dot' com" (but formatted properly.)

It's easier to buy in Canada due to our arcane customs regs but all
offers considered.

Many thanks for all replies.

Cheers,

Roger
Toronto, Canada.

"Engineer" wrote in message
Hi, RATs,
I'm looking for either one or a pair of 6BM8 (ECL82) triode/power
pentode tubes for a 1960's restoration project (a classic Pioneer
AM/FM chassis.)

(snip)

Many thanks for all replies, much appreciated. I've bought a single
tube from Dan in London, Ontario, Canada, so I'm OK for now. I may
look for another later if I can't get a decent match from the four I
will have.
Thanks again, cheers,
Roger

Engineer

"Engineer" wrote in message
Hi, RATS,
From a previous post ... I bought one excellent 6BM8 (ECL82) from
Dan but now I need another one! (or two)

(snip)

Again, success due to RATs and RAR+Ps... what a great "vacuum land"
community! Several ECL82's en route from the above, plus a fortuitous
eBay purchase including a serendipitous EF86 for a future project.
So, for my 1960's Pioneer SM-B200 chassis, audio fixed (shortly) then
on to restore the BC band, SW and FM RF sections.

Many thanks for all replies, and especially to John in New Zealand.
Cheers,
Roger
Toronto, Canada.

shiva

"Engineer" wrote in message
"Engineer" wrote in message
Hi, RATS,
From a previous post ... I bought one excellent 6BM8 (ECL82) from
Dan but now I need another one! (or two)

(snip)

Again, success due to RATs and RAR+Ps... what a great "vacuum land"
community! Several ECL82's en route from the above, plus a fortuitous
eBay purchase including a serendipitous EF86 for a future project.
So, for my 1960's Pioneer SM-B200 chassis, audio fixed (shortly) then
on to restore the BC band, SW and FM RF sections.

Many thanks for all replies, and especially to John in New Zealand.
Cheers,
Roger
Toronto, Canada.

What are you using the 86's for? I've got a pair of yeller shield mullards
I'm getting rid of from a preamp - Are those worth anything to you (always
looking for good OT iron of *any* sort, hopefully in matched pairs - willing
to swap & pay...
-dim

Engineer

"shiva" wrote in message

"Engineer" wrote in message
"Engineer" wrote in message
Hi, RATS,
From a previous post ... I bought one excellent 6BM8 (ECL82) from
[...]

Hi,
I plan to build a "Mullard 5-10" amplifier to revisit my youth over 40
years ago (when I built two and gave them away about 8 years later -
dumb!) Tubes EF86, 12AX7 and 2 x EL84... so I'm collecting parts in a
leisurely manner! I do need a good OPT, though.
Email me directly about the '86's -- "analogdino 'at' rogers 'dot'
com"
Cheers,
Roger