David N

Default Class A babes at NAMM Show !!!

Sorry - couldn't resist this one! When I first got on the internet back
when, I discovered R.A.P, & shortly afterwards made a post with this
gloriously un-PC header after visiting the Jan 1998 NAMM show!
Obviously I was flamed to ****! And so, to celebrate it's SEVENTH year
of being in Google's archive to my great embarrasment (I was
, & had no idea that anything would be archived!), I
couldn't resist re-posting, especially after visiting MAMM
yesterday!!!!

I miss RAP!

Dave N.
PS: - "What's wrong with being sexy???" (to quote Mr Tufnell!)

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"David N" wrote in message oups.com...
Sorry - couldn't resist this one! When I first got on the internet back
when, I discovered R.A.P, & shortly afterwards made a post with this
gloriously un-PC header after visiting the Jan 1998 NAMM show!
Obviously I was flamed to ****! And so, to celebrate it's SEVENTH year
of being in Google's archive to my great embarrasment (I was
, & had no idea that anything would be archived!), I
couldn't resist re-posting, especially after visiting MAMM
yesterday!!!!

I miss RAP!

Dave N.
PS: - "What's wrong with being sexy???" (to quote Mr Tufnell!)

So... I wasn't the only one to strart my not so illustrious tenure here
with a good flaming from the flame-o-matic 2000. Sometimes my
mouth still craves a good bite of foot. I can only wish that a couple
of those who torched me through the initiation were still around.
Most of them are... which makes this place pretty damned neat.

PS: Tell Nigel that I've never been to a NAMM show. ;-)

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

The show sluts are back!

The show sluts are back!

Looks like the non sexist PC era at Namm is over, bring on the dancing
girls!

Now if they could only bring back the "Days of Lines and Noses".
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Benjamin Maas

Yeah-

Seeing the "former adult movie stars" at a number of guitar booths offering
autographs was, well.... interesting... Short skirts (twice as wide as
long?) and long legs were bountiful...

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

wrote in message
oups.com...
The show sluts are back!

The show sluts are back!

Looks like the non sexist PC era at Namm is over, bring on the dancing
girls!

Now if they could only bring back the "Days of Lines and Noses".
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Benjamin Maas" wrote in message ...

Seeing the "former adult movie stars" at a number of guitar booths offering
autographs was, well.... interesting...

That's retail for ya'.... I guess the girls put the whole in wholesale, eh?

I didn't notice Geminii this year either. They seemed to be the last
hold outs with the hot booth babes. Remember the Ross booth (about
twenty years ago)?

Paul Stamler

"Benjamin Maas" wrote in message
Yeah-

Seeing the "former adult movie stars" at a number of guitar booths

offering
autographs was, well.... interesting...

Most of the movie stars I've met were former adults, too.

Peace,
Paul

Matt Macchiarolo

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

S O'Neill

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

And you expected...?

Mike Rivers wrote:
When I made it upstairs to where the Digitech room was, there was a
rather plain looking blond woman in a long coat playing really boring
shred guitar (I think that's what it's called). Probably someone
famous.

Jennifer Batten (Jeff Beck, Michael Jackson) perhaps?
http://www.digitech.com/artistpgs/batten.htm

Paul Stamler

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in message
Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

You don't wanna mess with the Class C babes...they'll switch on you.

Peace,
Paul

Kurt Albershardt

Paul Stamler wrote:
"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in message

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

You don't wanna mess with the Class C babes...they'll switch on you.

The Class D's switch faster, but look out for harmonics.

S O'Neill

Paul Stamler wrote:

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in message

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

You don't wanna mess with the Class C babes...they'll switch on you.

No, they're the ones that aren't all there; your imagination carries you
through....

play_on

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:59:20 -0500, "Matt Macchiarolo"
wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

But the transformer with the class A models is usually less bulky &
heavy.

Al

jp

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

It also might turn out that they all are not real class A babes, just
cathode biased babes..

-jp
RD Jones

jp wrote:
Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a

higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C

babes...

It also might turn out that they all are not real class A babes, just
cathode biased babes..

... with resistance at the bottom.

rd

jp

RD Jones wrote:

jp wrote:

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a

higher

current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C

babes...

It also might turn out that they all are not real class A babes, just
cathode biased babes..

... with resistance at the bottom.

rd

...and the absence of negative feedback will cause unpredictable behaviour.

-jp
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"S O'Neill" wrote in message ...
Paul Stamler wrote:

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in message

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

You don't wanna mess with the Class C babes...they'll switch on you.

No, they're the ones that aren't all there; your imagination carries you
through....

Ah.... like a 'Monster' babe.

S O'Neill

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"S O'Neill" wrote in message ...

Paul Stamler wrote:

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in message

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a higher
current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C babes...

You don't wanna mess with the Class C babes...they'll switch on you.

No, they're the ones that aren't all there; your imagination carries you
through....

Ah.... like a 'Monster' babe.

Well, I was stretching the class-C amplifier's tank circuit a bit too
far, yours is better.
S O'Neill

jp wrote:

RD Jones wrote:

jp wrote:

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Class A babes...

hi-performance, but generates more unwanted heat, and requires a

higher

current draw and more maintenence than Class A/B or Class C

babes...

It also might turn out that they all are not real class A babes, just
cathode biased babes..

... with resistance at the bottom.

rd

..and the absence of negative feedback will cause unpredictable behaviour.

But the presence of same will cause decidedly predictable behavior.

S O'Neill

Mike Rivers wrote:

Jennifer Batten (Jeff Beck, Michael Jackson) perhaps?

Well, she didn't look that good at 11 AM on Sunday morning. Maybe it
was something she had for dinner. I don't know what a tasteful guy
like Jeff Beck would need someone playing what she was playing though,
and she's too old for Michael Jackson, and the wrong gender, too.

I saw her with Jeff Beck on TV late one night, and she is NO slouch. He
made her do all the work, a complex 16th-note ostinato throughout the
entire piece, at about 140 bpm. And she looked a LOT better than Jeff.

play_on

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:33:46 -0800, S O'Neill
wrote:

Mike Rivers wrote:

Jennifer Batten (Jeff Beck, Michael Jackson) perhaps?

And she looked a LOT better than Jeff.

Most people look better than Jeff Beck so that's not saying much for
her!

Al