Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
J.P. J.P. is offline

Default FA: IWATSU SS-5702 20MHz 2 CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE w/3 Probes Item number: 260126627132

This unit may work...An internet friend helped me do some diagnostics
on it an he says it is working but I do not really know how to use it.
Also, the calibration circuit is not working for some reason and I do
not want to try and fix this so I am selling it as is.

IWATSU SS-5702 20MHz 2 CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE w/3 Probes
Item number: 260126627132

Have a couple of other items there also..
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:29:49 GMT, J.P. wrote:

This unit may work...An internet friend helped me do some diagnostics
on it an he says it is working but I do not really know how to use it.
Also, the calibration circuit is not working for some reason and I do
not want to try and fix this so I am selling it as is.

IWATSU SS-5702 20MHz 2 CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE w/3 Probes
Item number: 260126627132

Have a couple of other items there also..

Do you see "FA" in the newsgroup name anywhere? No? Well, then why the
**** do you feel it acceptable to SPAM your crap here?
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

Default FA: IWATSU SS-5702 20MHz 2 CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE w/3

"J.P." wrote:

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any
electronics related sale messages belong on
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or
http://groups.google.com/group/news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace?hl=en
for Google users.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
RichL RichL is offline

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
"J.P." wrote:

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any
electronics related sale messages belong on
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or

http://groups.google.com/group/news:....marketplace?h
l=en
for Google users.

I don't see a problem with someone who is a regular contributor to this NG
occasionally posting something like this.
Look up the definition of spam. This is not spam.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

"J.P." wrote:

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any
electronics related sale messages belong on
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or

http://groups.google.com/group/news:....marketplace?h
l=en
for Google users.

I don't see a problem with someone who is a regular contributor to this NG
occasionally posting something like this.
Look up the definition of spam. This is not spam.

What newsgroup are you talking about? It was cross posted to five
groups, including news:sci.electronics.equipment. When the electronics
newsgroups were created, a specific newsgroup was also created for all
sales in the news:misc groups. For sale postings are not allowed, by
the newsgroup charter for the following groups:

> [...]

Here is a link to the creation of these groups.

http://www.faqs.org/ftp/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/sci/sci.electronics-reorg

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Phil S. Phil S. is offline

. ..
"J.P." wrote:

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any
electronics related sale messages belong on
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or

http://groups.google.com/group/news:....marketplace?h
l=en
for Google users.

I don't see a problem with someone who is a regular contributor to this NG
occasionally posting something like this.
Look up the definition of spam. This is not spam.

The ankle biter is likely from one of the cross posted NG's and not AGA.
Really, it's not that big of a deal. This happens in unmoderated NG's all
the time. There's nothing you can do about it. Live with this or use your
filter. IMHO, he followed the accepted standard, marking it "FA" for which
a filer could so easily be established. This complaint is bogus.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Fuse[_3_] Fuse[_3_] is offline

PeterD wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:29:49 GMT, J.P. wrote:

Do you see "FA" in the newsgroup name anywhere? No? Well, then why the
**** do you feel it acceptable to SPAM your crap here?

Who died and made you ****ing Asshole hallway monitor ?

No likely, no clickie.

"Those Cigarette Companies made my client get cancer "

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Uncle Peter Uncle Peter is offline

"J.P." wrote in message
This unit may work...An internet friend helped me do some diagnostics
on it an he says it is working but I do not really know how to use it.
Also, the calibration circuit is not working for some reason and I do
not want to try and fix this so I am selling it as is.

One would wonder if the calibrator or vertical amps were bad without a
better
discription of what was tested. Just an observation.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Fuse[_3_] Fuse[_3_] is offline

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Just Get Down
and Knee Down
And Slow Blow Me
Today ...

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

Default FA: IWATSU SS-5702 20MHz 2 CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE w/3 ProbesItem

Fuse wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Just Get Down
and Knee Down
And Slow Blow Me
Today ...

With the sawed off, or the .357?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

"J.P." wrote:

Spam, off topic. This is not a "For sale" newsgroup. Any
electronics related sale messages belong on
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or

http://groups.google.com/group/news:....marketplace?h
l=en
for Google users.

I don't see a problem with someone who is a regular contributor to this

NG
occasionally posting something like this.
Look up the definition of spam. This is not spam.

What newsgroup are you talking about? It was cross posted to five
groups, including news:sci.electronics.equipment. When the electronics
newsgroups were created, a specific newsgroup was also created for all
sales in the news:misc groups. For sale postings are not allowed, by
the newsgroup charter for the following groups:

OK, I didn't notice the cross-posting. I posted my reply from
alt.guitar.amps, where similar postings occur relatively frequently.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

RichL wrote:

OK, I didn't notice the cross-posting. I posted my reply from
alt.guitar.amps, where similar postings occur relatively frequently.

I have no problems with that. If news:alt.guitar.amps was created for
the porpose or it doesn't say in the group charter and no one complains,
make use of it.

There aren't supposed to be any 'for sale' postings in any of the
news:sci.* groups. That was why the
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace group was created. We go
through floods of spam, both electronics, and unrelated that make some
of the electronics newsgroups almost unusable. That is why we do our
best to inform the offenders. Politely, when that works, but some of
the guys can get VERY aggressive qwith repeat . We have had a lot of
cross posted crap lately, and it seems to keep spreading when the new
groups are noticed. If people would use
news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace like it should be, it would
be a nice resource. Right now, it gets unrelated crap becasue no one
seems to care.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Phil S. Phil S. is offline

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Fuse wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Just Get Down
and Knee Down
And Slow Blow Me
Today ...

With the sawed off, or the .357?

Threats of bodily harm are out of line everywhere. Roll it back a notch.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes

Fuse wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Just Get Down
and Knee Down
And Slow Blow Me
Today ...

With the sawed off, or the .357?

Threats of bodily harm are out of line everywhere. Roll it back a notch.

It was his idea for me to get on my knees. Its not my fault that he
didn't read my sig file. I only get on my knees to pray, or shoot! ;-)
I'm in too much pain to do it for ANY other reasons.

BTW, I repaired a lot of amps back in the '70s and '80s, till I got
tired of guys that were in a big hurry, then didn't have the money for
months to pay their bills.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
JeffM JeffM is offline

J.P. wrote:
[SPAM]

Michael A. Terrell wrote

RichL wrote:
I don't see a problem with someone who is a regular contributor to this NG
occasionally posting something like this.
Look up the definition of spam.

Here you go:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...ting-etiquette

This is not spam.

WRONG.

Phil S. wrote:
The ankle biter is likely from one of the cross posted NG's and not AGA.

Cross-posting to a group where SPAM is expressly forbidden
makes the post SPAM.
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...-zz+Discussion

Really, it's not that big of a deal.

....if you want your group overrun with *more* SPAM.

This happens in unmoderated NG's all the time.

Only when the limp-wristed denizens of those groups bend over and take
it.

There's nothing you can do about it.

WRONG. Take it up with hs providers.

Live with this or use your filter.

....AFTER you go pro-active and report the offender to his Posting
Host:
abuse@ prodigy.net

and to ebay whose Terms of Service forbids Usenet SPAM.
abuse@ ebay.com

and to Google Groups if he is posting from there.

IMHO, he followed the accepted standard,
marking it "FA" for which a filer could so easily be established.

ONLY if ALL the groups on the To: line *allow* SPAM. THEY DON'T.

Your knowledge of Usenet history is SERIOUSLY lacking.
Usenet was set up as a DISCUSSION medium.
Those groups that have a need for a place for commercial postings
then set up a sub-heirarchy called *marketplace* or *forsale*.
THOSE are where FA or FS are appropriate.

This complaint is bogus.

Says the limp-writed nancy who bends over and takes it.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:04:45 -0500, Fuse
wrote:

PeterD wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:29:49 GMT, J.P. wrote:

Do you see "FA" in the newsgroup name anywhere? No? Well, then why the
**** do you feel it acceptable to SPAM your crap here?

Who died and made you ****ing Asshole hallway monitor ?

No likely, no clickie.

Classic morphing spammer: starts as JP, then posts as Fuse.