Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default F/A: Ebay. Tascam 80-8, Tascam 1516 16 channel mixer, some mics and stuff. CHEAP.

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.marketplace
From: (Analogeezer) - Find messages by this author
Date: 5 Mar 2003 10:40:04 -0800

"Loopi Spoonhead" wrote in message news:V4j9a.365263$be.340777@rwcrnsc53...
The Tascam 80-8 (8 track 1/2 inch reel-to-reel) is in real good shape for
its age, and as compared to others I've seen on ebay has all the channles
working, remote, rolling stand, etc. The most it might need is a cleaning
and calibration. Comes with the DX8 and is at starting bid of $99 right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15199&item=251...
&rd=1
---
The mixer is in perfect working order, but is missing the power supply,
which Tascam and a few others on the web can sell you. There is one knob
missing (any knob, you choose, since you can move them around) and some of
the little plastic color coded covers for the knobs (the knobs are there and
functional) have gone to the place where single socks and pens and keys go.
Tascam has a knob set for sale as well, foget the price but it's pretty
cheap. Anyway, it's a $1600 mixer, in GOOD shape functionally and
electronically, that needs a little tad bit of TLC, and it's at a $50 bid
right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...23785&item=251...
&rd=1
------
3 Audio technica mics. All in working order, although the atm11 is a bit
beat up to look at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15198&item=251...
&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15198&item=251...
&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15198&item=251...
&rd=1
------
94 DiscMaker c-30 cassettes (the good ones) new and in the box....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...14962&item=301...
&rd=1
$5 so far.
Hope some of this can help you out,
James

Actually you might want to verify that bit about the power supply for
the M1516, there was a guy on the Tascam BBS looking for one of those
and he said they were no longer available from Tascam.

That PS is VERY proprietary (sort of an oversized lump in the middle
thing, it's an AC Power supply) it might be hard to cob one together
for it, it's not like a larger console PS.

Analogeezer

Hello all! I've been asked to look at repairing a Tascam M1516 mixer.
Seems that the previous owner got a bit rough with it and broke the
power connector off the PC board and then apparently lost the
connector. As it was presented to me, there is no power supply, no
mating connector inside the mixer, and a broken (but easily repairable)
printed circuit board where the power is applied.

Could anyone help me figure out, first of all, what voltage(s) are
needed? Even better yet, although this is a longshot, could anyone
help me figure out what voltage goes where? I figured out the ground
pad, now it looks like there are two +VDC traces I need to tie into.

I should mention that I have NO CLUE about musical instruments, but am
fairly handy with electronics.

thanks,
Kevin

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

wrote:

Hello all! I've been asked to look at repairing a Tascam M1516 mixer.
Seems that the previous owner got a bit rough with it and broke the
power connector off the PC board and then apparently lost the
connector. As it was presented to me, there is no power supply, no
mating connector inside the mixer, and a broken (but easily repairable)
printed circuit board where the power is applied.

Could anyone help me figure out, first of all, what voltage(s) are
needed? Even better yet, although this is a longshot, could anyone
help me figure out what voltage goes where? I figured out the ground
pad, now it looks like there are two +VDC traces I need to tie into.

I should mention that I have NO CLUE about musical instruments, but am
fairly handy with electronics.

So, call Tascam and get the service manual for the thing. It'll be
about $20.

Could be the thing has the regulators in the outboard power supply.
Could be it even has the rectifiers and it takes AC in. You could
probably figure it out by looking where the traces go, but the manual
is $20 and you can bill it to the customer.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Yes, a service manual would good place to start I suppose! Do Tascam
manuals come with schematics? I've already made a little headway by
scoping out ebay listings, and I now see that I need to feed this thing
+17.5V and -20.4V. Talk about a wierd combination! I could power it
up from a benchtop power supply if I were sure of which traces on the
board to apply which voltage to...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

wrote:
Yes, a service manual would good place to start I suppose! Do Tascam
manuals come with schematics?

What good would a service manual be without schematics? You will get
full schematics and parts layouts, although you probably won't get a
detailed circuit description like old service manuals used to give.

..I've already made a little headway by
scoping out ebay listings, and I now see that I need to feed this thing
+17.5V and -20.4V. Talk about a wierd combination! I could power it
up from a benchtop power supply if I were sure of which traces on the
board to apply which voltage to...

That makes sense... it is probably unregulated, then, and supplying
power for +/-15V regulators. So there is probably some slop in those
numbers.