Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:05:45 -0800, I. Care wrote:

I would think if fuses had such a big effect they wouldn't be put in the
YBA equipment being discussed here.

But those are MAGIC fuses :-)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:22:37 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

More likely, there would be a loss of contrast. However, since the laser
pickup is IR and the blue light is well blue, the possibility of
interaction
is slim and none.

Slim AND none? Explain please?

"slim and none" is a colloquial expression meaning not much, right?

Well, the pickup is a phototransistor that is optimized for sensitivity to
IR.

If the light and the laser pickup were both optimized for Blue or IR, then
they might interact.

But they aren't.

IR and blue are at opposite ends of the visible spectrum, right?

So, receivers and transmitters that optimized for IR are prone to be
somewhat insensitive to blue, and vice-versa.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:10:44 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"slim and none" is a colloquial expression meaning not much, right?

Oh, right. I'd never heard it.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Geoff@home wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

You're totally mixing everything up. There is no manufacturer that I
ever heard of that doesn't use fuses in such equip..... seems that
would be illegal for them to do so.

I wonder why ?

Obviously, it's a government conspiracy against the high end....

And I never said YBA doesn't use
fuses in their amps... I said I didn't. The reason they specify you
have to get yba replacement fuses, is because they use special custom
made high quality fuses.

How do they acheive this 'high quality' ?

They sprinkle the fuses with magic pixie powder, then have a rabbi
bless them.

If you used ordinary fuses, you couldn't
achieve the same sound.

Grateful you attempt some semi-reasonable explanation of the way this sound
difference is acheived.

Well don't kill yourself in becoming the first one of you RAT cretins
to actually TEST my fuse tweak, because as we all know, all that
newsgroup wanna-be engineers know how to do is sit on their cans behind
their pcs and criticize any claim anyone makes, all the while
pretending to be wanna-be scientists. You people can theorize until the
end of your lives and never learn a damn thing in the interim.

No, you can't read much better than your buds. I stated I wouldn't be
responding to one particular ahole here.

Why, did he ask an awkward question ?

Read his posts in this thread and see if you can figure it out.

How about you shut your ****ing gob and PROVE your false assertions
about blue LEDs and green markers. Otherwise, shut your ****ing gob.
The only thing you've proven so far is what an ignorant asshole you
are.

Is it you quoting sytle messed up here, or are you really addressing
yourself ?

Stop being an idiot, and stop trying to be clever by making yourself
look even more like an idiot. That never works. You messed up my quotes
the last time, and you can't seem to figure out how the quoting system
works in usenet; I quoted correctly in my message, so read a primer on
how this works or something, before you post again. Trust me, you're
not doing much to dispel my claims that newsgroup audio techies are
ignorant buttholes.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Let's just say for the sake of argument, that André, like the
infamous loud-mouthed know-nothing troll known as Arny Krueger, has
no idea why his adding a blue light next to the CD laser pickup
works. He just knows it does. I don't see what there is to change.
If it works, it works. That means he can repeat it in 10,000
products, it will still work.

Since you took my name in vain...

Your "name" in the audio community is the equivalent of putrified
****.

I notice that after what, 10 years of trolling the newsgroups, you
still can't figure out how to quote properly. You look like a typical
kook talking to himself here, since you don't know how to distinguish
your own blather from your subject's words. Do you realize you make
the other ignorant idiots here look smart by comparison?

Well that substance would be very fertile suff, good for making good
things grow.

I don't doubt it, since it seems to be what your brain is made of.
Your name however, has never been able to "grow" an ounce of
credibility. Which is why you're a laughingstock on usenet and the
biggest known troll in the audio groups.

Don't kid yourself into thinking it's worth anything.

It's obviously worth abusing by people who think very highly of
themselves.

I don't think there are any special conditions required, for one to
find your name worthy of abuse. Otherwise, considering the fact that
Google puts abuse of your name, Arny/Arnold/Arnie
Krueger/Kruger/Krugerr/Krooborg/Mr.**** (or whatever the hell your
stupid name is) at about 10 and a half billion ****ing times by now,
that means there are a hell of a lot of people in the world who think
highly of themselves. Count me as one of them.

You can count yourself too, since there is no shortage of evidence of
you abusing audiophiles on the net. I can name one in particular, a
rather highly regarded member of our community, named John Atkinson,
whom you accused of sending you child pornography in email, and making
light of your dead son. That would be famous "dead Nate", would it
not?

The very same "dead Nate" who, while they were burying his tiny little
dead body.... YOU, sick fat ****ing reprehensible piece of **** that
you are, were found trolling the audio newsgroups abusing those very
people whom you say think highly of themselves.

I want you to know I'm only getting started with you, my little
Krueger/Kruger/Krugerr/Krooborg/Mr.****.

No, as with everything else you spew, you only convince yourself of
what you think you know. I already read what you think you know, so
I'm not interested in hearing it. What I'm more interested in, is
what
exactly you think qualifies you to know cd player design better than
Yves Bernard André?

I don't believe that Yves Bernard Andre has ever designed a CD
player - he only takes other people's designs and adds some
worthless gee-gaw(s) in order to improve his profit margins.

Putting aside the fact that you have no ****ing clue as to what you're
talking about in regards to the blue LED, I don't beleive that YOU
have ever designed a CD player to be criticizing his players, which
are highly regarded around the world. So let's start with you naming
all the cd players you've designed, to be able to sit on your fat can
behind your pc sceen and criticize André's designs, you fat ****ing
do-nothing loser?

Sir, regarding technical design, specs, and their relation to sound quality,

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Your ass-master Krueger, is a fat deaf German
porker, in his 60's. He's got **** on a stick for a stereo system, he
hasn't been laid since 1971 (and THAT was when he convinced a dog to
hump his ass), and he thinks everything sounds the same because being
the deaf mother****er that he is, to him IT DOES. In short, he wouldn't
know anything about "sound quality" if you put a gun to his fat head.
Moreover, its a known fact that his entire life is devoted to speaking
AGAINST the high end audio community on usenet. For you to defend his
knowledge of "sound quality" leaves you with as much credibility as
him: which is to say NONE.

you aren't fit to shine Mr. Kruegers' shoes.

But he's fit to shine mine, right? I'm glad I'm not fit to shine
Kroogor's shoes, because since he doesn't know **** from shinola, his
shoes are always encrusted with **** from him stepping in it. You
however, are a perfect candidate to wipe the **** off your masters
shoes, lickspittle.

Shame on you for your attacks. They only serve to highlight your inability
to to make a rational argument.

Yet you don't seem bothered by the fact that I was the first to be
attacked in my own thread, and none of you techno geeks ever provided a
shred of evidence to back anything you've ever said to me. So in
response, I say: shut up, you stupid techie-geek bootlicker.

The so-called charges against Arny keep coming around because people like
you cannot prevail using only rational arguments, so you essentially cheat
by changing the subject.

I'm sorry, what we're we talking about? Oh yea, the terrorists....
About the terrorists...

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Sir, regarding technical design, specs, and their relation to sound
quality,

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Your ass-master Krueger, is a fat deaf German
porker, in his 60's. He's got **** on a stick for a stereo system, he
hasn't been laid since 1971 (and THAT was when he convinced a dog to
hump his ass), and he thinks everything sounds the same because being
the deaf mother****er that he is, to him IT DOES. In short, he
wouldn't know anything about "sound quality" if you put a gun to his
fat head. Moreover, its a known fact that his entire life is devoted
to speaking AGAINST the high end audio community on usenet.

Shooting down Middius and the gang is no sin.

For you
to defend his knowledge of "sound quality" leaves you with as much
credibility as him: which is to say NONE.

Arny's quest is to poke holes in the ego and sheer lunacy which tends to
prevail in high-end audio circles. We all like high quality equipment and
good sound, but even you must have seen products which you thought were
stupid, unnecessary, and fraudulent. He has VERY high credibility on the
technical newsgroups, of which THIS IS ONE.
Even I have had mild disagreements with Arny on sound-quality related
issues.

you aren't fit to shine Mr. Kruegers' shoes.

But he's fit to shine mine, right? I'm glad I'm not fit to shine
Kroogor's shoes, because since he doesn't know **** from shinola, his
shoes are always encrusted with **** from him stepping in it. You
however, are a perfect candidate to wipe the **** off your masters
shoes, lickspittle.

Shame on you for your attacks. They only serve to highlight your
inability to to make a rational argument.

Yet you don't seem bothered by the fact that I was the first to be
attacked in my own thread, and none of you techno geeks ever provided
a shred of evidence to back anything you've ever said to me. So in
response, I say: shut up, you stupid techie-geek bootlicker.

When you come on to a TECHNICAL newsgroup, and make ludicrous comments like
fuses making a noticeable impact on sound quality, you can expect some to
respond with derision. This is because you are a troll, by definition. You
posted your first post knowing full well the sort of response it would get.
Contained in those responses were the answers you were looking for: that no,
fuses would not be responsible for your perceived sound quality improvement,
and that it represented a significant fire risk.

That you chose to make it all about YOU says a lot.

The so-called charges against Arny keep coming around because people
like you cannot prevail using only rational arguments, so you
essentially cheat by changing the subject.

I'm sorry, what we're we talking about? Oh yea, the terrorists....
About the terrorists...

Running out of ideas for insults I see.....

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
TonyP

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Troll? Possibly. But he did ask a question. And he was "attacked". IF he
were a troll, then why reply to him at all? Why waste the bandwidth on
an "obvious" troll?

I remember many moons ago saying that my Denon, Counterpoint and Marsh
pre amps all sound "different". Same with my Counterpoint, Onkyo,
Parasound and Carver amps. My Pioneer Elite receiver certainly did not
sound as good as any of the amp/pre amp combinations. Yet, I was
snickered at because it wasn't done the way certain people say it should
be done. So, I made an open invitation to anyone who lived in my area to
come and hear for themselves (North Babylon, NY). I can understand his
frustration. Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is
saying.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can it
be?
As for the answers he was looking for... I didn't see them. I read "no
it doesn't work, won't matter, you're an idiot for trying it, etc.", but
nowhere did I read of anyone saying they ACTUALLY tried it. Nowhere. I
read a lot of "opinions", that was it. I thought we actually LISTENED to
music via our equipment.
I personally would not remove fuses and use wire to replace them. I
would like to "try" the expensive fuses to see if there is an audible
difference though. Just like I would love to try expensive Nordost or
MIT wires. That way, I can speak "first hand" on *my* experience with
them. Not parrot what others have said.

The so-called charges against Arny keep coming around because people
like you cannot prevail using only rational arguments, so you
essentially cheat by changing the subject.

I'm sorry, what we're we talking about? Oh yea, the terrorists....
About the terrorists...

Running out of ideas for insults I see.....

I think they are ententaining.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

TonyP wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My observation being the poster just didn't like what he was getting
The sound quality is purely subjective on his part.
What makes a hi-end fuse? Higher quality solder,
exotic metal alloys, better quality control?
Or just better buzz, hype and marketing focus.
Does indium conduct power more efficiently?
Do electrons really care?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"TonyP" wrote ...
I remember many moons ago saying that my Denon, Counterpoint and Marsh
pre amps all sound "different". Same with my Counterpoint, Onkyo,
Parasound and Carver amps. My Pioneer Elite receiver certainly did not
sound as good as any of the amp/pre amp combinations. Yet, I was
snickered at because it wasn't done the way certain people say it
should be done. So, I made an open invitation to anyone who lived in
my area to come and hear for themselves (North Babylon, NY). I can
understand his frustration.

As I was reading that paragraph, I caught myself unconsciously
glancing up at the headers to make sure I hadn't accidentally
stumbled into rec.audio.opinion. No, this is still rec.audio.TECH

The left-brain and right-brain newsgroups are there for a
reason. People who deliberately go to the other side and
stir up trouble deserve what they get. Either way.

Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is saying.

Baloney. Anyone who has done any significant amount of
bench work has performed numerous experiments exchanging,
bypassing, etc. various components, in both the power circuits
and in the audio path. Many of us actually heat up the old
soldering iron and actually design, experiment, test, build,
modify, etc. audio equipment down to the component level.

We don't just hook up various pieces of store-bought stuff
and play with different "brands" of cable. Audio devices
are not "magic black boxes" to many of us. We actually
understand the function and purpose of each internal
component.

If you can hear the difference bypassing a power-supply
it is an indication of serious problems elsewhere in the
circuits. That is simply the scientifically-supportable fact.
Anything beyond that wanders into the realm of magic and/
or faith.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can
it be?

If you can't demonstrate that *you* can hear the difference
in a DBT, we can only conclude that you have an active
imagination.

As for the answers he was looking for...

I'd be fascinated to know what *you* think were the:
"answers he was looking for". His question (indeed,
the subject line of this whole thread) is the equivalent
of "How safe driving to the supermarket without using
my seatbelt?" You can probably get away with it scores,
even hundreds of times. But when that semi-truck pulls
out in front of you at 45MPH, you have bet your life on
it.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Walt

Richard Crowley wrote:

His question (indeed,
the subject line of this whole thread) is the equivalent
of "How safe driving to the supermarket without using
my seatbelt?" You can probably get away with it scores,
even hundreds of times. But when that semi-truck pulls
out in front of you at 45MPH, you have bet your life on
it.

Good analogy. A better one is:

"I have found that my car runs better when I have my seatbelt unbuckled.
How safe is it to drive around without using my seatbelt?"

//Walt

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Sir, regarding technical design, specs, and their relation to sound
quality,

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Your ass-master Krueger, is a fat deaf German
porker, in his 60's. He's got **** on a stick for a stereo system, he
hasn't been laid since 1971 (and THAT was when he convinced a dog to
hump his ass), and he thinks everything sounds the same because being
the deaf mother****er that he is, to him IT DOES. In short, he
wouldn't know anything about "sound quality" if you put a gun to his
fat head. Moreover, its a known fact that his entire life is devoted
to speaking AGAINST the high end audio community on usenet.

Shooting down Middius and the gang is no sin.

I don't know who the **** that is, or why you think I should care. Just
goes to show how you good-for-nothing wanna-be engineers spend your
lives fighting your stupid ideological audio battles on newsgroups,
because you have neither the talent nor the intelligence to actually do
something in the real world with your ****ed-up ideas about audio. That
includes your ass-master Kruger, btw. He's the leader of you losers, as
I have seen.

For you
to defend his knowledge of "sound quality" leaves you with as much
credibility as him: which is to say NONE.

Arny's quest is to poke holes in the ego and sheer lunacy which tends to
prevail in high-end audio circles. We all like high quality equipment and
good sound, but even you must have seen products which you thought were
stupid, unnecessary, and fraudulent. He has VERY high credibility on the
technical newsgroups, of which THIS IS ONE.
Even I have had mild disagreements with Arny on sound-quality related
issues.

The "lunacy" here is in the low-end audio circles, of which you and
your pedophile friend Arny Krueger belong. The "lunacy" is in thinking
that you actually have any credibility criticizing high-end audiophiles
about what does and doesn't have audible effects, when you guys merely
think everything sounds the same and your hifi systems all sound like
100% PURE ****. Showing that you are all full of BS when it comes to
good sounding audio.

OF COURSE Krueger has "high credibility on the techie groups", you
moron, since all you techies are religious zealots cut from the same
cloth. Why do you think I've been spending the last while making fun of
you lot of imbeciles in this thread? Problem is, you tech-heads have
LOW credibility among the audio community in general.

The fact that you stand behind the fat ass of a known homosexual
pedophile like Krueger says a lot about the religious audio beliefs of
you RATheads.

Yet you don't seem bothered by the fact that I was the first to be
attacked in my own thread, and none of you techno geeks ever provided
a shred of evidence to back anything you've ever said to me. So in
response, I say: shut up, you stupid techie-geek bootlicker.

When you come on to a TECHNICAL newsgroup, and make ludicrous comments like
fuses making a noticeable impact on sound quality, you can expect some to
respond with derision. This is because you are a troll, by definition. You
posted your first post knowing full well the sort of response it would get.

First of all Chucky, how ****ing old are you? I'll bet you're probably
over 50, because I know for a fact most of you techies here are old
farts. Why do you think I really care that you call me stupid infantile
names like "troll", as though you never grew up from the age of 6,
emotionally? Whatever your definition of a "troll" is, I'd much rather
be that than a presumptious imbecile like yourself, who has this tiny
little view of the world that is entirely misguided, but who is always
blind to his monumental ignorance.

Secondly, as I said above, you're a presumptious imbecile, like your
techie friends here. Not only do you people constantly presume wrong
things about others, but you do the same with audio. I have already
said I did not post my initial query "full well knowing the sort of
attacks I would get"; particularly since the part about the fuse WASN'T
EVEN PERTINENT TO MY INITIAL QUERY, you bombastic moron. It is YOU RAT
imbeciles that jumped all over me for having the nerve to actually
mention in passing, why I was making my query.

Thirdly, by my definition and that of most reasonable people, YOU are
the troll, and so are your friends. You ****ing RAT idiots can't seem
to walk away from my thread, even after I tell you to get lost in no
uncertain terms. I can't be much of a "troll" if I'm telling people to
get the hell out of my thread, and that I won't respond to them any
longer. There are over 170 responses in my thread now. So if I'm such
a big troll, why the **** are you and everyone here responding to me?
Even AFTER I insult the lot of you? And if you reply because you want
to "troll the troll", then you can stop your stupid ****ing
hypocritical whining about me being a "troll", you pathetic 6 year old
****-up.

Contained in those responses were the answers you were looking for: that no,
fuses would not be responsible for your perceived sound quality improvement,
and that it represented a significant fire risk.

That you chose to make it all about YOU says a lot.

I don't know what the **** you're on about, you silly goof-up. When did
I say I was looking for some kind of validation about whether fuses are
"responsible for my perceived sound quality improvement"? And more
imporantly, WHY would I be asking a bunch of dying old farts who are
part of a religious order of anti-audiophilism, who know nothing about
sound quality in audio, and have **** on a stick for hifi equipment ANY
kind of opinion on sound quality? Obviously, you're too much of a
cretin to have understood all the comments I made about not caring
about anyone's opinion here on whether fuses are audible.

Rather, I asked you ****ups to shut the **** up and either test this,
or... shut the **** up about whether it makes a difference. Since you
can't have it both ways. And if I got my answers as you say.... why the
**** are you still here, sweetcakes?

The so-called charges against Arny keep coming around because people
like you cannot prevail using only rational arguments, so you
essentially cheat by changing the subject.

I'm sorry, what we're we talking about? Oh yea, the terrorists....
About the terrorists...

Running out of ideas for insults I see.....

Well, that one went over your head as well, I see.... You ran out of
ideas, period, a long time ago, fruitcake. That must be why you hang
out here.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

TonyP wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote:

Troll? Possibly. But he did ask a question. And he was "attacked". IF he
were a troll, then why reply to him at all? Why waste the bandwidth on
an "obvious" troll?

Frankly, I wish no one had responded as they did, then I wouldn't feel
obliged to counter attack. I find it supremely ironic to be called a
"troll", when I was the one who was first attacked, when I insisted
people not reply if their replies were not pertinent, and when I even
went so far as to declare that I would not respond to at least one
ahole in particular. True trolls it seems, don't see themselves as
such. And if I'm a troll, what the **** is Krueger with his 6 billion
audio posts, replete with personal attacks, whom no one here has a
problem with his presence on this group?

I remember many moons ago saying that my Denon, Counterpoint and Marsh
pre amps all sound "different". Same with my Counterpoint, Onkyo,
Parasound and Carver amps. My Pioneer Elite receiver certainly did not
sound as good as any of the amp/pre amp combinations. Yet, I was
snickered at because it wasn't done the way certain people say it should
be done. So, I made an open invitation to anyone who lived in my area to
come and hear for themselves (North Babylon, NY). I can understand his
frustration. Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is
saying.

Christ, I wouldn't even DIGNIFY the very idea of arguing with some
blathering idiot who shows just how great a fool that he is, by
claiming amplifiers don't sound different. When that is so damn far
from reality, it's not worth wasting your time arguing with. I've
learned that audio techies live in a special "theoretical" world, where
every law of nature runs according to their "religion". The rest of us
deal with the real world. That's why true audiophiles like myself,
actually go and ****ing TEST what does and doesn't make significant
differences in audio - and THIS is how we learn about audio. Not
simply having noses in a 50 year old book on amplification theory, that
we read 30 years ago. If all I did was engage in ideological battles
with slow-witted ignorant audio techs on newsgrous every day, as the
techs do with "real audiophiles", then I can understand why they don't
have the "time" to actually discover whether what they're saying has
any scientific merit.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can it
be?

I have already said this a thousand times he I did NOT expect any
attacks or arguments about the audibility of fuses when I posted my
query about the inherent risks in running a component without one. I've
never posted to RAT before, and did not even consider the idea that
there was or should be any controversy on the subject. The fact that
there is, shows me how little the possiblity is that techies here will
be responsible for advancing the state of our art in audio.

But it makes for good entertainment.

As for the answers he was looking for... I didn't see them. I read "no
it doesn't work, won't matter, you're an idiot for trying it, etc.", but
nowhere did I read of anyone saying they ACTUALLY tried it. Nowhere. I
read a lot of "opinions", that was it. I thought we actually LISTENED to
music via our equipment.

That's the thing that kills me the most! So-called "men of science",
who would like to pretend that they are audio engineers and believe in
scientific principles, not a ONE, not a SINGLE ONE of my attackers
EVER, not EVER, actually tried out my simple fuse tweak. However,
arguments? Oh, THAT they will spew forth until they are sick in the
face (to match the fact that they're already sick in the head).

Had anyone here been able to figure out how to open an amp and do this,
as I did, it could have taken 20 seconds to do, and satisfied the idea
of scientific curiosity. So I'm sorry, but techies and other assorted
religious audio zealots will NEVER be credible by dismissing an
argument for a phenomenon that they have never tested or even seen
tests of, basing their entirely theoretical arguments on what they
**don't** know about it.

I personally would not remove fuses and use wire to replace them. I
would like to "try" the expensive fuses to see if there is an audible
difference though. Just like I would love to try expensive Nordost or
MIT wires. That way, I can speak "first hand" on *my* experience with
them. Not parrot what others have said.

At least you're a tech with half a working brain. Remember: "Ignorance
is a disease". If one ignoramus manages to transfer their ignorance to
another ignorant twit, then the ignorance breeds and that's how we end
up with an entire subclass of morons who have the nerve to call
themselves "audio enthusiasts" and who think just about everything in
audio sounds the same. Simply because "it should", and "we can not
understand why it wouldn't".

As for not removing the fuses and using solder wire or a paperlcip to
replace them.... if you don't have the guts to do so, don't call
yourself an audio enthusiast! Especially a technically adept audio
enthusiast. Or at least, don't CRITICIZE an audio enthusiast who does
have the guts to try it. Real audio enthusiasts are constantly
experimenting to improve their sound, and should never be put under
fire from fake audio enthusiasts who do nothing but criticize the true
hobbyists.

The so-called charges against Arny keep coming around because people
like you cannot prevail using only rational arguments, so you
essentially cheat by changing the subject.

I'm sorry, what we're we talking about? Oh yea, the terrorists....
About the terrorists...

Running out of ideas for insults I see.....

I think they are ententaining.

Thank you, I do try.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Richard Crowley wrote:
"TonyP" wrote ...
I remember many moons ago saying that my Denon, Counterpoint and Marsh
pre amps all sound "different". Same with my Counterpoint, Onkyo,
Parasound and Carver amps. My Pioneer Elite receiver certainly did not
sound as good as any of the amp/pre amp combinations. Yet, I was
snickered at because it wasn't done the way certain people say it
should be done. So, I made an open invitation to anyone who lived in
my area to come and hear for themselves (North Babylon, NY). I can
understand his frustration.

As I was reading that paragraph, I caught myself unconsciously
glancing up at the headers to make sure I hadn't accidentally
stumbled into rec.audio.opinion. No, this is still rec.audio.TECH

.....populated by a gang of true ignorants who are merely lovers of
electronics and electronics theory, and know nothing about audio
outside of the theoretical, and don't care about sound quality to begin
with.

The left-brain and right-brain newsgroups are there for a
reason. People who deliberately go to the other side and
stir up trouble deserve what they get. Either way.

Well let's see now.... I "stirred up trouble" and I got a lot of laughs
out of that. Is that what I "deserved", oh derisive ignorant? Looks
more like you tech-heads got what YOU deserved! A right good kick in
your techie asses.

Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is saying.

Baloney. Anyone who has done any significant amount of
bench work has performed numerous experiments exchanging,
bypassing, etc. various components, in both the power circuits
and in the audio path. Many of us actually heat up the old
soldering iron and actually design, experiment, test, build,
modify, etc. audio equipment down to the component level.

Blah blah ****ing BLAH. WHERE IS THE TEST RESULTS?? Where's the DBTs on
the audibility of fuses, since that's what your religion prescribes
before you make claims about something being inaudible or audible? This
is just YOU shooting **** out of your ass, you stupid fart. The word
"Baloney" does not substitute for REAL SCIENTIFIC FINDINGS in the world
of science, **** for brains. Either show your evidence of actual tests
on the actual process of running audio components without a fuse, or
SHUT THE **** UP and admit you don't know what the **** you're blabbing
about.

We don't just hook up various pieces of store-bought stuff
and play with different "brands" of cable.

Of course not. You merely claim none of that **** matters because your
dumbass crackpot theories say they don't.

Audio devices
are not "magic black boxes" to many of us. We actually
understand the function and purpose of each internal
component.

.....or rather, you like to THINK you do. Yet not one of you ignorant
****wits ever came up with an amp that sounds better than Yves
André's... or ANY audiophile amp, for that matter!! So in other words,
you're all full of HOT ****. Talk, and nothing more. You've not made
any ATTEMPT to prove that fuses are inaudible with test results of your
own, for all of your talk about how well you understand theory. You've
proven that you understand NOTHING in audio, except what an ignorant
blowhard you are. When someone comes along with audio knowledge you're
ignorant of, instead of proving them wrong, and PROVING that you
actually do know how those "magic black boxes work....", you simply try
to shout them down and attack them with ad hominem personal attacks.
Like I said, you only prove what ignorant useless ****s that you are,
aging newsgroup junkies who get off on electronics theory and know
nothing about the real world of audio, and how that all works.

If you can hear the difference bypassing a power-supply
it is an indication of serious problems elsewhere in the
circuits.

The issue wasn't about "bypassing a power supply" you ignorant ****. Do
try to keep up with the thread topic. The only indication of serious
problems here lies within your brain.

That is simply the scientifically-supportable fact.
Anything beyond that wanders into the realm of magic and/
or faith.

.....You have the nerve to use the phrase "scientifically supportable
fact", when none of you ****ups have ever actually demonstrated any
scientific testing to support your groundless contentions that fuses
are inaudible?? Seems that YOU are the one relying on magic and or
faith, to support your bogus claims.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can
it be?

If you can't demonstrate that *you* can hear the difference
in a DBT, we can only conclude that you have an active
imagination.

BULL****. You all concluded I had an "active imagination" long before
any mention of DBTs. You're no more a scientist than daffy duck.

As for the answers he was looking for...

I'd be fascinated to know what *you* think were the:
"answers he was looking for". His question (indeed,
the subject line of this whole thread) is the equivalent
of "How safe driving to the supermarket without using
my seatbelt?" You can probably get away with it scores,
even hundreds of times. But when that semi-truck pulls
out in front of you at 45MPH, you have bet your life on
it.

I really don't think a seatbelt is going to do much for you if a
semi-trailer truck runs the **** over your little Toyota, you stupid
dink. Maybe you lost an argument with a semi, and that would explain
your ****ed up logic....

Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:
"TonyP" wrote ...
[...]

I must say you have tenacity, although not a clue.
Yes, Arny is our leader, we are all merely his puppets.
You have caught us all, linked in a giant hive mentality,
mere drones in our electronic kinship.
Resistance is futile, prepare to be Allisonated.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
TonyP

Richard Crowley wrote:

"TonyP" wrote ...

I remember many moons ago saying that my Denon, Counterpoint and Marsh
pre amps all sound "different". Same with my Counterpoint, Onkyo,
Parasound and Carver amps. My Pioneer Elite receiver certainly did not
sound as good as any of the amp/pre amp combinations. Yet, I was
snickered at because it wasn't done the way certain people say it
should be done. So, I made an open invitation to anyone who lived in
my area to come and hear for themselves (North Babylon, NY). I can
understand his frustration.

As I was reading that paragraph, I caught myself unconsciously
glancing up at the headers to make sure I hadn't accidentally
stumbled into rec.audio.opinion. No, this is still rec.audio.TECH

Oh, I know what ng this is.

The left-brain and right-brain newsgroups are there for a
reason. People who deliberately go to the other side and
stir up trouble deserve what they get. Either way.

Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is saying.

Baloney. Anyone who has done any significant amount of
bench work has performed numerous experiments exchanging,
bypassing, etc. various components, in both the power circuits
and in the audio path. Many of us actually heat up the old
soldering iron and actually design, experiment, test, build,
modify, etc. audio equipment down to the component level.

Sure, that still doesn't answer the question. Have you tried it. If you
have, then report it. Nice that people go through all the design, test
and build. But in the end, how does it sound.

We don't just hook up various pieces of store-bought stuff
and play with different "brands" of cable. Audio devices
are not "magic black boxes" to many of us. We actually
understand the function and purpose of each internal
component.

So, you don't listen to the equipment. Just look at a piece of paper and
then buy it. Sure you do. I don't buy that.

If you can hear the difference bypassing a power-supply
it is an indication of serious problems elsewhere in the
circuits. That is simply the scientifically-supportable fact.
Anything beyond that wanders into the realm of magic and/
or faith.

This is according to you. You have the sum total knowledge of all of
audio design. I think not. And it is this "elitist" attitude that
troubles me. Audio is about sound.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can
it be?

If you can't demonstrate that *you* can hear the difference
in a DBT, we can only conclude that you have an active
imagination.

Ahhh.. the "I know everything and you don't". I am sure you will
continue to buy your equipment based upon a piece of paper. I will buy
mine on listening. Anytime you are in LI, NY, bring what you have and
I'll gladly put it in my modest system (Marsh P2000T preamp, Parasound
HCA 1200 MKII power amp, Von Schweikert VR4's, ART DI/O modified DAC,
Parasound CD player) and prove you wrong.

As for the answers he was looking for...

I'd be fascinated to know what *you* think were the:
"answers he was looking for". His question (indeed,
the subject line of this whole thread) is the equivalent
of "How safe driving to the supermarket without using
my seatbelt?" You can probably get away with it scores,
even hundreds of times. But when that semi-truck pulls
out in front of you at 45MPH, you have bet your life on
it.

Still haven't answered the question. You have made statements as if they
aer facts about how things should sound according to paper specs and
testing. Yet, have you listened to any equipment with the fuse bypassed?
How about answering that first instead of using your subtle inuendos.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

TonyP wrote:
wrote:

My observation being the poster just didn't like what he was getting
The sound quality is purely subjective on his part.
What makes a hi-end fuse? Higher quality solder,
exotic metal alloys, better quality control?
Or just better buzz, hype and marketing focus.
Does indium conduct power more efficiently?
Do electrons really care?

I looked that the link with the high priced fuses. I don't think that
they are worth $25 each. IF I had the chance to audition them and they
did sound "better", then, $25 is cheap considering the cost of the rest
of my gear. Unless we actually listen for ourselves, who says it's hype?
That seems to be the prevelant word used around here, "hype". My
question would be, "have you actually tried it?".

I do confess I have not tried them, I'm a cynic that thinks the music
is
as good as the weakest piece of gear it goes through, usually my ears
:-)
I was using the phrase "Hype" in the context of:
Talking celebrity head tells me that this (insert commodity) is the
finest
accessory to enhance my status,enjoyment,self image,peer perception,
etc,etc,etc......
If you have the time,and cable, watch QVC, they have a Black Belt in
moving things best defined as "I need this why?"
Their hook is you can always send it back.
Check out the market share they have in the cable industry,
and all they do is sell stuff, it's scary, and billions and billions of
dollars.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

TonyP wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:

"TonyP" wrote ...

I looked that the link with the high priced fuses. I don't think that
they are worth $25 each. IF I had the chance to audition them and they
did sound "better", then, $25 is cheap considering the cost of the rest
of my gear. Unless we actually listen for ourselves, who says it's hype?
That seems to be the prevelant word used around here, "hype". My
question would be, "have you actually tried it

The left-brain and right-brain newsgroups are there for a
reason. People who deliberately go to the other side and
stir up trouble deserve what they get. Either way.

Especially if no one has even bothered to try what he is saying.

I asked the question "Have you tried it?" of every one who mocked and
ridiculed me for merely suggesting that fuses are audible, as a simple
preamble to a technical query I had at the beginning of this thread. So
far, the post count is 180, and absolutely NO ONE in this thread has
admitted actually trying the damn thing. I've insulted my respondents
every which way I could, just to see if the shame of being a
hypocritical presumptious imbecile would inspire these phony armchair
scientists to get off their lazy duffs and try the damn tweak - if
only to PROVE me wrong. Not even that worked. All I got was a chorus
of: "It can't possibly have an effect, because we didn't read about it
in any of our engineering textbooks. You're an idiot for contradicting
our theories and thinking otherwise!". Other than that, there were a
few more subdued dogmatists who, typical for tech-heads, reasoned that
maybe I heard an effect, but it wasn't because of the absence of the
fuse. No, it was because (insert bull**** groundless stab-in-the-dark
theory here).

With the techies muted by their own blind ignorance, and with me the
only one who actually performed some sort of tests on the issue and
talked about it, I'd say I won this little debate about fuses in
majestic fashion. And I had a lot of fun doing so, setting off about
100 propellor beanies whizzing like crazy.

Baloney. Anyone who has done any significant amount of
bench work has performed numerous experiments exchanging,
bypassing, etc. various components, in both the power circuits
and in the audio path. Many of us actually heat up the old
soldering iron and actually design, experiment, test, build,
modify, etc. audio equipment down to the component level.

Sure, that still doesn't answer the question. Have you tried it. If you
have, then report it. Nice that people go through all the design, test
and build. But in the end, how does it sound.

It is know-nothing engineers with primitive (and paranoid) minds, of
the sort you find on this newsgroup and in this thread, that are
responsible for most of the world's crappiest audio gear; particularly
all that crass consumer **** that came out in the 80s (but that is
probably high end compared to the truly cheap crap the midfi industry
produce now). The problem is nothing new: you design amps (or whatever)
to a "spec"; so it looks good on paper. "Hey, who cares how it sounds?!
We're know-nothing engineers, that's not for us to worry about!
Besides, our theories say EVERYTHING SOUNDS THE SAME! WHOOPEE! That
means the only difference you'll see is in the amount of geegaws and
gadgets one amp has over another."

Needless to say, audiophiles (ie. true audio enthusiasts) buy equiment
that is designed to sound good, and not look good on paper. If it don't
sound good, it don't get bought. There are plenty of high end audio
engineers that know that you can't always measure what sounds good. And
if you don't listen to what you design, you're in the wrong business,
chump.

We don't just hook up various pieces of store-bought stuff
and play with different "brands" of cable. Audio devices
are not "magic black boxes" to many of us. We actually
understand the function and purpose of each internal
component.

So, you don't listen to the equipment. Just look at a piece of paper and
then buy it. Sure you do. I don't buy that.

I buy it. I'm sure he and the other primitive minds here don't listen
to their audio equipment, and just buy according to the bull**** specs
the companies put out. Have you any idea how many idiots like them buy
their audio this way? Most consumers buy their amps and speakers like
as if they were buying light bulbs: "How many WATTS is it?". That's
always the sign of a true clueless idiot, when you hear that in an
audio shop.

If you can hear the difference bypassing a power-supply
it is an indication of serious problems elsewhere in the
circuits. That is simply the scientifically-supportable fact.
Anything beyond that wanders into the realm of magic and/
or faith.

This is according to you. You have the sum total knowledge of all of
audio design. I think not. And it is this "elitist" attitude that
troubles me. Audio is about sound.

Not to techies, it ain't. Its merely about theories and figures.

I am sure that he expected the usual replies (all competent equipment
all sound the same when level matched, etc..), but there might be some
other insight in this group. It all can't be of the DBT crowd, or can
it be?

If you can't demonstrate that *you* can hear the difference
in a DBT, we can only conclude that you have an active
imagination.

Ahhh.. the "I know everything and you don't". I am sure you will
continue to buy your equipment based upon a piece of paper. I will buy
mine on listening. Anytime you are in LI, NY, bring what you have and
I'll gladly put it in my modest system (Marsh P2000T preamp, Parasound
HCA 1200 MKII power amp, Von Schweikert VR4's, ART DI/O modified DAC,
Parasound CD player) and prove you wrong.

Techies train themselves to not hear differences, so.... who says they
even will? People like Arny Kruger (their leader) will tell you that if
they hear differences in things they dont believe, its a "placebo".

As for the answers he was looking for...

I'd be fascinated to know what *you* think were the:
"answers he was looking for". His question (indeed,
the subject line of this whole thread) is the equivalent
of "How safe driving to the supermarket without using
my seatbelt?" You can probably get away with it scores,
even hundreds of times. But when that semi-truck pulls
out in front of you at 45MPH, you have bet your life on
it.

Still haven't answered the question. You have made statements as if they
aer facts about how things should sound according to paper specs and
testing. Yet, have you listened to any equipment with the fuse bypassed?
How about answering that first instead of using your subtle inuendos.

Ha, Good luck using their own brand of logic on the techie zealots! I
tried that for weeks over 180 posts, it dont work....

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Idiot. Tell you what. lets split this into 2 threads. Keep the fuse part
here in this group, and take the NONSENSE about the fuse over to RAO where
it belongs.

mz

Posted to rec.audio.tech
TonyP

wrote:

TonyP wrote:

[...]

I can understand being skeptical, especially with all the "snake oil"
going around. I certainly would not want to waste my money on something
that I can not personally hear make an audible difference.
Way back when, I bought VPI Bricks (wood encased laminated metal
weighing 8 pounds) that were "suppose" to dampen chassis vibrations and
"absorb" stray magnetic "stuff" from transformers. Being someone that
owns a VPI turntable, which to me, sounded better than SOTA, Linn,
Oracle and others, I figured "why not". Well, it didn't make not one bit
of difference in the sound of *my* equipment, which was rack mounted
(consisting of Marantz 10B tuner, Counterpoint SA3 pre amp, SA2 head amp
and Carver 1.5t power amp. Speakers were Acoustat 1+1 medallion mods).
I used Cramolin contact cleaner that was "suppose" to lift off the veils
of haze and it didn't (my contacts were always clean).
The list can go on and on.
So, I can understand "hype" and being very watchful of it. Yet, I have
heard differences in cables, amps and pre amps. Even CD players.
I would be interested in hearing those fuses. My Counterpoint SA220
power amp as about several fuses placed in the power MOSFET circuit
board. But, I am not willing to spend the $100 or so to find out. A "try
and see" is what I would be looking for. I can imagine keeping spares of
those around!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
TonyP

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

huge snip

Idiot. Tell you what. lets split this into 2 threads. Keep the fuse part
here in this group, and take the NONSENSE about the fuse over to RAO where
it belongs.

Typical response that I have seen in this thread. Typical and useless.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Default Summary How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

Summing up this thread:

The original poster said that he observed a sound quality improvement by
removing the fuse from his amplifier, and he asked whether it was safe to
run the amplifier that way.

The safety question was answered immediately and correctly: The purpose of
the fuse is to keep the amplifier from burning your house down if there is a
short circuit in the power supply. The likelihood of such a short circuit
is low, but it's something we all want to be protected against, and our fire
insurance generally requires it.

Everyone was skeptical about the claimed sound quality improvement, for
several reasons:

(1) The total amount of evidence offered was small (1 listener, or maybe 2).

(The reason nobody else tried the experiment is that it's somewhat difficult
and dangerous, and the following reasons make us very doubtful that we'd get
the same result.)

(2) The original poster did not investigate the physical basis of the effect
himself. As far as I know, he did not measure any parameters of amplifier
performance or any electrical parameters that might be relevant, such as the
resistance of the fuse.

(3) If this were a real effect, it's unlikely that it would have gone
undiscovered until 2006. People have been studying the performance of audio
amplifiers seriously for about 70 years.

(4) The fuse is not in the audio signal path. It is in series with the
on-off switch, the house wiring, the house circuit breaker, etc.
Kirchhoff's Current Law says that any of these could have the same effect on
the incoming current, whatever that effect might be. Where do you stop?
The service entrance? The transformer on the pole? The power generating
station?

(5) The power supply of the amplifier is designed to keep the audio from
being affected by small changes in the incoming power. If these design
principles are mistaken, then the design of the whole amplifier is mistaken
and the amplifier shouldn't work at all. And anyhow, if the power supply
is not doing its job, it should be simple to demonstrate that this is so by
electrical measurements, and find out exactly what it's not doing right.

(6) The original poster reacted with hostility when alternative explanations
were offered. But the first step in investigating any new phenomenon
scientifically is to look for alternative explanations and test them. The
obvious alternative explanations a (a) the effect is an illusion; or (b)
the original fuse was defective (high resistance); or (c) something else in
the amplifier was improving as the tests went on, such as formation of
electrolytic capacitors, which, if left unused for a long time, will improve
with use over a period of minutes or hours, or maybe a transistor bias point
was shifting as the amplifier warmed up. A true demonstration of the newly
discovered effect would have to eliminate these and other possibilities.

The original poster has been hostile to any attempt to investigate his
claims scientifically. He has, however, insulted
almost everyone in the thread.

As for claiming that electrical theory is bunk -- well, if electrical theory
were bunk, you wouldn't have any equipment in the first place. Back to the
mechanical Victrola! Then you have to deal with acoustical theory, which
might also be bunk...

The word "troll" was used early on and appears to be entirely appropriate
here. But it has been an interesting case study in epistemology.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

One afterthought. RF oscillations in an amplifier can produce very
hard-to-control changes in sound quality, where almost any rearrangement of
a circuit, even one that should be irrelevant, will affect the sound. This
is yet another alternative explanation to rule out.

(AC bias in magnetic tape recording was invented when someone, in the 1930s,
had an accidental oscillation in an amplifier and found that his tape
recordings suddenly got a lot better. Fortunately, he investigated the new
effect and figured out how it worked.)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Per Stromgren" wrote...
By removing some words from our friends post, the above lovely
vocabulary remained. If have left case unchanged. Interesting way of
discussing, isn't it? Does he think he will get anywhere?

Let's see what he will come up with as an answer to this one! A new
fine record?

Perhaps we should take up a collection to help refill
his prescription medications?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

TonyP wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

huge snip

Idiot. Tell you what. lets split this into 2 threads. Keep the fuse
part here in this group, and take the NONSENSE about the fuse over
to RAO where it belongs.

Typical response that I have seen in this thread. Typical and useless.

You're entirely correct. I got caught up in the nonsense, and I apologize
(sincerely).

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

mc wrote:
One afterthought. RF oscillations in an amplifier can produce very
hard-to-control changes in sound quality, where almost any rearrangement of
a circuit, even one that should be irrelevant, will affect the sound. This
is yet another alternative explanation to rule out.

(AC bias in magnetic tape recording was invented when someone, in the 1930s,
had an accidental oscillation in an amplifier and found that his tape
recordings suddenly got a lot better. Fortunately, he investigated the new
effect and figured out how it worked.)

Thank you for stating the discussion points in such a
well reasoned manner (earlier post included).
Excellent example of how methodology leads to a conclusion.

My apologies to the group for my non technical replies in
response to the OP's tirades.
I do feel less special not having received the proportion of
profanity that others were showered with.
In the spirit of objective observation,
" The side of the house I see is white "
Stranger in a Strange Land

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

I've got another idea. How about you suck my dick, fruitcake? You know
you wanna. Listen you ****ing goof, who asked you to come to my thread
in the first place? If you don't like it, you pathetic newsgroup
junkie, then stay the **** out of it and shut the **** up. I'll post
whatever the hell I want to post, and if you don't like it? Well please
refer to the part about sucking my dick.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

TonyP wrote:
wrote:

TonyP wrote:

[...]

I can understand you not wanting to spend $100 on fuses to find out.
Don't worry, there's a million things you can do to improve your sound
without spending a damn penny. You wanna start with your fuses? Fine.
You don't have to take them out of the circuit (although taking them
out does great things....). First thing you want to do is make sure
they're oriented correctly. Listen to them both ways, and I'm guessing
it will probably take a few tests in your case, before you can define
the diffrences. If you hear any, mark the side of the metal cap with an
dot or arrow indicating its pointing north. Now, cut one or two deep
notches in the metal end caps with an exacto knife (be careful not to
slip!). Now listen again, and see if you detect an improvement. There's
other thigns you can do to tweak your fuses, but that's a good start.

BTW, don't worry about any of these geekwad pussies here telling you
you're ridiculous to even try it. If you have a mind of your own, you
can find out what is real in audio for yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

mc wrote:

Summing up this thread:

Everyone was skeptical about the claimed sound quality improvement, for
several reasons:

(1) The total amount of evidence offered was small (1 listener, or maybe 2).

At what point did I try to stop anyone from running whatever the hell
test they want to on this condition?

(The reason nobody else tried the experiment is that it's somewhat difficult
and dangerous, and the following reasons make us very doubtful that we'd get
the same result.)

I'm sorry.... did you take a survey and were you elected by everyone
else here to answer for them? Because I took an informal survey before
you, and concluded I was dealing with a group of ignorant pussies who
talk a lot about what they figure does and doesn't make a difference,
but do **** to advance the state of music reproduction.

It is neither difficult nor dangerous to do what I did. If you think
so, then that proves that everyone here who criticized me about the
fuse tweak is both too lazy, fearful and stupid to replicate the
experiment. How unsurprising. It took me about 2 minutes to do, and
given that you yourself said the likelihood of operating the amp sans
fuse was low, that means the faux wanna-be engineer RATolas on this
group are such ****ing pussies, they're afraid of operating their amps
without fuses for 2 minutes, long enough to hear if there are
differences, despite the probability of it blowing up and catching fire
to be LOW.

I think that says it all about the big talkers on this group, and why
y'all don't know **** from shinola when it comes to audio and what
sounds good.

(2) The original poster did not investigate the physical basis of the effect
himself. As far as I know, he did not measure any parameters of amplifier
performance or any electrical parameters that might be relevant, such as the
resistance of the fuse.

At what point did I try to stop anyone from running whatever the hell
test they want to on this condition?

(3) If this were a real effect, it's unlikely that it would have gone
undiscovered until 2006. People have been studying the performance of audio
amplifiers seriously for about 70 years.

Oh gee. Well then I guess that according to you and your extreme
idiocy, that means there can't be anything new learned about audio
amplifiers at this point in history. Anyone claiming to have any new
knowledge about amplifiers is a charlatan, a liar or a quack. Wow. The
audio amp has long reached perfection and can not be furthered. That's
news to me, and about every other high end amplifier engineer. You
better warn them quick, before they waste any more time on amplifier
designs, you ****ing lunatic!

By the way, those same "people", including YBA as I might have
mentioned a hundred times or so in this thread, have long before 2006
noted the significance of fuses in the audibility of amps. Thankfully,
the world doesnt start and stop within the limits of your woefully
ignorant mind.

(4) The fuse is not in the audio signal path. It is in series with the
on-off switch, the house wiring, the house circuit breaker, etc.

Lots of things are not in the audio path, and yet they have known
audible effects on the sound produced. Ever heard of a power
conditioner, genius? You obviously don't know **** about audio, why are
you attempting to discuss it?

Kirchhoff's Current Law says that any of these could have the same effect on
the incoming current, whatever that effect might be. Where do you stop?
The service entrance? The transformer on the pole? The power generating
station?

Hey, you haven't even STARTED yet, brother. Try shutting up for two
minutes and go listen to the damn tweak, if you can somehow find the
balls to run your amp without a fuse for 2 minutes. Then if you like
what you hear, YOU decide where to stop, looney tunes. (Although being
of a religious audio techie order, since you'll still have "Kirchoff's
Current Law" ringing in your ears, I'd say its unlikely you would ever
allow yourself to accept any differences as being there, even if they
were as apparent as the nose on your face).

(5) The power supply of the amplifier is designed to keep the audio from
being affected by small changes in the incoming power. If these design
principles are mistaken, then the design of the whole amplifier is mistaken
and the amplifier shouldn't work at all.

And yet it does. Which means once again, YOU'RE WRONG.

And anyhow, if the power supply
is not doing its job, it should be simple to demonstrate that this is so by
electrical measurements, and find out exactly what it's not doing right.

Its even simpler than that to just listen to the damn fuse tweak, you
****ing goof.

(6) The original poster reacted with hostility when alternative explanations
were offered.

I've said this before... I dont suffer fools gladly.

But the first step in investigating any new phenomenon
scientifically is to look for alternative explanations and test them.

Yeah right! Its almost 200 posts now, and not you or a single one of
your do-nothing know-nothing techie goofups ever made a single attempt
to test the actual phenomenon in question, let alone whatever the hell
you're calling alternatives!

The
obvious alternative explanations a

(more typical audio tech bull**** snipped)

The only thing obvious here is your ignorance. I've done the tests and
you haven't, so shut up. Your dumbass theoretical guesses only
exemplify your ignorance, and that of the others of your religious
order of audio techs. Besides, if you actually read my tests, it
already eliminated most of your guesses.

The original poster has been hostile to any attempt to investigate his
claims scientifically.

Okay, lets take it from the top more time: At what point did I try to
stop anyone from running whatever the hell test they want to on this
condition?

He has, however, insulted almost everyone in the thread.

At least you said one true thing in your post. Dickwad.

As for claiming that electrical theory is bunk -- well, if electrical theory
were bunk, you wouldn't have any equipment in the first place. Back to the
mechanical Victrola!

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! You techie geeks and your techie
geek humor, just crack me up so BADLY!!

(That was called sarcasm, you ****ing moron, in case you didn't get
that).

Secondly, take your strawman argument and shove it up your ****,
because I never claimed "all electrical theory is bunk" as you allege.
I thought twisting people's words around to use against them was Arny
Krueger's specialty? Are you going to next accuse me of emailing you
child pornography as a "debating trick", as your friend Arny likes to
do?

Then you have to deal with acoustical theory, which
might also be bunk...

....as might everything you've said so far.

The word "troll" was used early on and appears to be entirely appropriate
here.

I agree, since so many are "trolling" me. But I don't mind. Given that
you harbor the usenets biggest troll on your newsgroup (arny
kruger....), your group doesnt seem to mind either.

One afterthought. RF oscillations in an amplifier can produce very
hard-to-control changes in sound quality, where almost any
rearrangement of
a circuit, even one that should be irrelevant, will affect the sound.
This
is yet another alternative explanation to rule out.

Look Goofy, you don't start looking for "alternative explanations" to
rule out a phenomenon YOU'VE NEVER TESTED TO BEGIN WITH. Where the hell
did you get your degree from? From teh back pages of Sweet Sixteen
magazine?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

rladbury wrote ...
Per Stromgren wrote:
By removing some words from our friends post, the above lovely
vocabulary remained. If have left case unchanged. Interesting way of
discussing, isn't it? Does he think he will get anywhere?

Let's see what he will come up with as an answer to this one! A new
fine record?

Are you SURE there wasn't a "****wad" in there somewhere? I could have
sworn I called someone a "****wad"? I'm calling for a recount! Get to
it.

This guy is pretty good. He may be "Best troll of 2006"
and it is only early February!

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Per Stromgren

Default What does it take to stop the big troll around here?

He has, however, insulted almost everyone in the thread.

At least you said one true thing in your post. Dickwad.

This guy insults every poster talking to him, and he admits it. I
suppose we should just ignore him, but does anyone know of any other
method to let him know that he is not wanted, at least not using the
discussion techniques we have seen so far.

Will it ever end?

Per.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Per Stromgren wrote:

He has, however, insulted almost everyone in the thread.

At least you said one true thing in your post. Dickwad.

This guy insults every poster talking to him, and he admits it. I
suppose we should just ignore him, but does anyone know of any other
method to let him know that he is not wanted, at least not using the
discussion techniques we have seen so far.

Will it ever end?

Per.

He is starting to repeat himself. Apparently running out of material.

Would the last person to leave this thread turn off his internet :-)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Killfiles.

I predict he will respond to this message with an insult. He's very
predictable.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

wrote in message
ups.com...

At what point did I try to stop anyone from running whatever the hell
test they want to on this condition?

We are not your laboratory staff. Do your own homework if you want us to
believe you've found something. Investigate it yourself. Demonstrate it in
a properly conducted double-blind experiment. Explore its physical basis.

Anyhow, I see where this is going. You have made no testable physical
claims, so if we fail to replicate it, you'll just tell us our ears aren't
golden enough.

But what really puzzles me in why you insult us so much. Are you trying to
get people to respect you and agree with you? Insulting us is no way to
achieve that.

I predict you will reply to this with an insult.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Per Stromgren" wrote ...
He has, however, insulted almost everyone in the thread.

At least you said one true thing in your post. Dickwad.

This guy insults every poster talking to him, and he admits it. I
suppose we should just ignore him, but does anyone know of any other
method to let him know that he is not wanted, at least not using the
discussion techniques we have seen so far.

Will it ever end?

Killfile him and get on with your life.
Those who are entertained by this personage can
continue their self-abuse. The rest of us can go back
to our regular programming.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Per Stromgren

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 07:30:21 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

Killfile him and get on with your life.

You're right of course, but my poor Free Agent can't do that. I better
cough up the $29 it takes to upgrade to Agent, which can. It will be
worth it.

Those who are entertained by this personage can
continue their self-abuse.

To be honest, I found it amusing for a while, don't ask me why! I
think it has something to do with finding out what he could come up
with next.

But it is a releif to discuss with real people, like yourself and most
of the R.A.T. regulars.

Per.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Per Stromgren" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote...
Killfile him and get on with your life.

You're right of course, but my poor Free Agent can't do
that. I better cough up the $29 it takes to upgrade to Agent,
which can. It will be worth it.

I've tried the "top 5~6" newsreaders and keep coming back
to widely-reviled Outlook Express (free with MSwindows)
All the others seemed so clunky, non-intuitive, and lacking
in features. Many of them reminded me of the old command-
line newsreaders I used 15 years ago :-( Dunno how you
can put up with them?