Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blackburst@aol.com is offline

Default Mic Recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a short, compact dynamic stick mic?

In doing ENG video work, I like to carry a stick fitted to one of
those buttend UHF wireless transmitters, but I need to carry the whole
thing in my pocket. Most dynamics are just a bit too long. Does
anybody sell a short dynamic?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sebastian Z u e n d o r f Sebastian Z u e n d o r f is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote:

Heilsound? - they have audio samples for some of their mics on site,
unfortunately the same for their 20 and their 22 in spite of claiming the 22
to be an improved version

As far as I understand, both use the same capsule but the 22 has a
better suspension so it will produce less handling noise.
I'm totally satisfied with the PR20 by the way. Not so much for live
vocals on stage as you definitely have to stay away about an inch or
so to reduce p-popping. But I really like it on accordion, snare drum
and even acoustic guitar (in the studio for the latter).
It also sounds great for spoken word from a distance.

and none for their handi mic pro, the one that
appears to meet your physical requirements, it is suggested as interiew mic.

I would just shoot them an email and ask for a sample. Quite sure they
could provide one.

Sebastian

--
Signatur abgelaufen!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a short, compact dynamic stick mic?

Beyerdynamic used to make a short dynamic (M420) which was mainly
intended for use on drums and percussion. Quite similar to the 201,
just shorter and with less top-end. Not sure whether it would work for
spoken word though.

If condensor/electret is an option: Audio-Technica Pro37 or Rode NT5?

Sebastian

--
Signatur abgelaufen!

Amp recommendation FC Car Audio 12 September 24th 06 03:55 AM
Recommendation please Dave King Car Audio 2 May 19th 05 05:44 AM
Need 12" sub recommendation for under $200 Joe Blo Car Audio 1 November 5th 04 02:05 AM
Looking for recommendation on an amp. Ken Hoinsky Car Audio 2 August 18th 04 09:02 PM
Next HU recommendation. Shriram Car Audio 1 April 1st 04 07:35 AM