TiGr

Default USB audio cards latency

Hi,

I decided to buy a Edirol UA-20 sndcard. ASIO monitoring works fine
under nuendo with IBM R50 thinkpad, 4ms input and 8ms output latency
at minimal buffer settings.

With dell latitude d800, the same sndcard is loosing sync every 30
seconds. There is also the problem of beeping noise when using dell
laptop with ACDC adapter. dell...

Otherwise i tested the mobilePre, but had even more problems with
loosing sync. Possibly this was a dell-related problem. I'm gonna
check this card again with IBM laptop.

bazz: way too much latency.. with a 1500MHz PentiumM or better, you
can have 12 ms with USB card, with Sndblaster Live!, i have 3ms in
and 3ms out latency with AMD XP1700. I think the most importaint is
that your MB has a good usb controler and that operating system is
"clean" (no realtime antivirus scanners, etc..)

"Bazz" wrote in message . au...
I recently bought a US-122 and cannot get ASIO Direct Monitoring to work at
all through Nuendo. (The Direct Monitor switch on the unit itself works fine
though, at no latency).

Have any of you been able to get the ASIO Direct Monitoring to work? And
what kind of latency are you seeing with the unit? I'm getting 7ms input and
21ms output which seems a bit high.

Cheers,

Bazz

"TimGr" wrote in message
m...
If you have any of USB soundcards listed below, could you write
the shortest working latency (in ms) for direct monitoring with Cubase
(or Nuenedo or Sonar).

M-audio MobilePre, Audiophile ali Duo USB
Tascam us-122
Terratec Phase 26

thanx, Tim