Default Treble Distortion

Could anyone suggest a solution to my problem.

I have just connected a couple of speakers to my HP Pavilion computer.

When listening to a Pure dab Radio plugged into the computer through
the Line In, I get a scraping distortion in the treble output from the
speakers. I get the same problem when I use Total Recorder to record a
programme, and then burn to CD.

Can anyone suggest an answer to this?

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Could anyone suggest a solution to my problem.

I have just connected a couple of speakers to my HP
Pavilion computer.

When listening to a Pure dab Radio plugged into the
computer through the Line In, I get a scraping distortion
in the treble output from the speakers. I get the same
problem when I use Total Recorder to record a programme,
and then burn to CD.

Can anyone suggest an answer to this?

A probable cause would be excess signal voltage from the
Pure DAB Radio.

Which model are you using?

What input and output jacks are involved?