Garf

Default should i buy a fireport

i am thinking about the alesis fire port to back up to cd does it work
and is it faster then the eithernet i am using now. we are currently
using adats to back stuff up but we are downgrading the recordings. it
is haerd for me to trust cd but it seems to be a good solution at least
i could burn three backups for each song. Garf Cooper

EricK

Garf wrote:
i am thinking about the alesis fire port to back up to cd does it work
and is it faster then the eithernet i am using now. we are currently
using adats to back stuff up but we are downgrading the recordings. it
is haerd for me to trust cd but it seems to be a good solution at least
i could burn three backups for each song. Garf Cooper

The fireport is much, much faster than transferring via ethernet. If you
have an Adat-HD you really should have the fireport. As for backing up
to CD's, that should work fine. You should also consider DVD-R's. In a
lot of cases, you can fit your whole project on one disc. Either way, I
would burn at least 2 copies of the discs just to be safe.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com
Richard Crowley

"Garf" wrote ...
i am thinking about the alesis fire port to back up to cd does it work

It works great.

and is it faster then the eithernet i am using now.

way more than 10 x faster. Is that enough? :-)

we are currently
using adats to back stuff up but we are downgrading the recordings.

How? Is it not just a digital clone on tape?

it is haerd for me to trust cd

Why?
EricK

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Garf" wrote ...
we are currently

using adats to back stuff up but we are downgrading the recordings.

How? Is it not just a digital clone on tape?

His Adats are either 16 or 20 bit and his ADAT-HD is 24 bit. I think
that is what he is referring to.