Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Smell the Bull****: Fender Platinum Acoustasonic Guitar Cable

I think that when marketing departments have more balls (small,
though...) than brains we get this kind of crap:

----- BEGIN QUOTE -----

Acoustasonic: The Fender Platinum Acoustasonic Guitar Cable uses 4-Way
Differential Cable Architecture to present the best possible balance
between all frequency ranges, and to also preserve all the tone and
nuance that acoustic-electric guitars are capable of. Optimally selected
stranded conductors are used to preserve sustain and the edge and
dynamics that are so important in guitar sound, while two different
gauge solid conductors augment the midrange & bass to provide a much
fuller sound. Specially designed hollow treble conductors give these
cables a better, more extended high frequency presentation, with no
trace of harshness. These cables have a unique voice that has not been
heard before, and use a proprietary technology that is patented. They
are specifically designed for acoustic-electric guitar or electric
guitar when a more clean sound is desired.

----- END QUOTE -----

Hey, forget the Large Hadron Collider. We have brand new physics right
over in Fenner's cable labs.

"Honey, are you sure some of your highs aren't getting trapped in those
little hollow conductors??"

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Chel van Gennip wrote:

hank alrich schreef:

"Honey, are you sure some of your highs aren't getting trapped in those
little hollow conductors??"

You would be amazed about the high frequency limit of hollow conductors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavegui...ectromagnetism)

Yeah, doood! Good enuff for my Strat!! g

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message ...
Chel van Gennip wrote:

hank alrich schreef:

"Honey, are you sure some of your highs aren't getting trapped in those
little hollow conductors??"

You would be amazed about the high frequency limit of hollow conductors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavegui...ectromagnetism)

Yeah, doood! Good enuff for my Strat!! g

Gee... will that create a black hole if the molecules collide ??

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Ts Jay Ts is offline

hank alrich wrote:
[...]

Poor me, I am so inferior. All I have is a cable I soldered together
myself from Mogami guitar cable and Neutrik connectors.

Jay Ts
--
To contact me, use this web page:
http://www.jayts.com/contact.php
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Jay Ts wrote:

hank alrich wrote:
[...]

I just do not understand how you can treat yourself that way!

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ian Thompson-Bell Ian Thompson-Bell is offline

hank alrich wrote:
[...]

Never forget. there is no substitute for TALENT.

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

No, if you buy this cable you don't need talent anymore.
Really!!
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
hank alrich wrote:
[...]

Fender has been pulling this **** for years. Like claiming that alder
was chosen for it's tone for example when it was really chosen because
it was cheap, abundant, easy on router bits and doesn't require a grain
filler. Don't get me wrong, I like Fender guitars (I own several), but
they are essentially full of bull from a marketing perspective most of
the time. They gotta find some way to repackage the same product year
after year.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Fender has been pulling this **** for years. Like claiming that alder
was chosen for it's tone for example when it was really chosen because
it was cheap, abundant, easy on router bits and doesn't require a grain
filler. Don't get me wrong, I like Fender guitars (I own several), but
they are essentially full of bull from a marketing perspective most of
the time. They gotta find some way to repackage the same product year
after year.

Sheesh... it's not just Fender, this is how American business works. It's
how GM can still manage to sell the same engine for 40 years. It's why
Budweiser advertises about being beechwood aged. If you're not used to it
by now...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Ts Jay Ts is offline

hank alrich wrote:
[...]

I was trying to find the above on Fender's website, thinking
it was classic enough to print out and put in my scrapbook
along with receipts for $4/gallon gasoline. But I couldn't
find it at fender.com (Products-Accessories, then use the
search on that page or click on Cables). I did however get
Google results at many online retailers.

It looks like Fender shipped it to the retailers to let _them_
get into trouble about it.

I did get a Google result pointing to a page at the Fender site.
(Search on "acoustasonic hollow site:fender.com",
and it will come up as the first non-paid result.)
But when I clicked on it, there was different ad copy there.
Maybe Fender had already realized that one of their advertising
focus groups (in real words: "propaganda machines") was a little
too creative (even for the American market) that day.

Anyway, I have to say this, even in my best attempts at satire,
I couldn't have poked fun at them better than they did themselves.

Jay Ts
--
To contact me, use this web page:
http://www.jayts.com/contact.php
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Fender has been pulling this **** for years. Like claiming that alder
was chosen for it's tone for example when it was really chosen because
it was cheap, abundant, easy on router bits and doesn't require a grain
filler. Don't get me wrong, I like Fender guitars (I own several), but
they are essentially full of bull from a marketing perspective most of
the time. They gotta find some way to repackage the same product year
after year.

Sheesh... it's not just Fender, this is how American business works. It's
how GM can still manage to sell the same engine for 40 years. It's why
Budweiser advertises about being beechwood aged. If you're not used to it
by now...

Oh, I'm used to it... I was just giving another example. Hey, while
we're at it, how 'bout Chrysler's "Corinthian Leather?" :-)