Warren

Default Ever Seen This One?? 70's Denon 12 Cassette Changer

I've got a Denon 12 cassette changer in my collection that I have
absolutely ZERO outside information about. Front panel says
Cassematic-12. Rear ID panel gives a model number of TRC-798ED. Unit
appears to have been made early 70's but I've never heard of a
cassette changer dating from that period. Unit is about the size of a
shoebox. 12 cassettes are loaded into a carrier on top of the unit
and as each tape is advanced, it is lowered into the cassette
mechanism and played. After playing, the cassette is ejected from the
mechanism, raised back into place in the carrier, next tape advanced
and then the whole process starts all over again. I can't even find a
single reference to this oddity ANYWHERE on the web, including the
newsgroups. Almost forgot...unit plays and records.

Email me if you want some pics of the unit. Somebody out there is
bound to know something. It'll be on Ebay pretty soon but thought I
might try and get some information on it before parting with it.
Warren

Here is link to a pic of the unit

http://www.myitem.com/imagedetails.h...geID=541323182
kanofworms kanofworms is offline
Junior Member

dag, thought I came across the elusive cassette changer. I owned an unusual one back in the late 70's that had an acrylic mechanism on the top. You would stack in the cassettes, they'd drop into place and play. Then, when they were done, they'd eject and 'flip over'. The whole process started again for the other side. Thinking now, it may have been a Philips model. Looking for it, of course and an RCA elcassette player. Rare birds both!