How does one go about selling a song?

Old July 29th 19, 06:38 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf

Default How does one go about selling a song?

On 7/29/2019 9:35 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> Phil Allison > wrote:
>> Tobiah wrote:
>>

>> Q. How to sell a song ?
>>
>> A. Sing it brilliantly with heaps of feeling.

> Oh yeah, and how do I get to Carnegie Hall?
> --scott

Come on Scott... You know the answer. "Practice man, practice." :-)
Old July 29th 19, 10:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 30/07/2019 2:35 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> Phil Allison > wrote:
>> Tobiah wrote:
>>

>> Q. How to sell a song ?
>>
>> A. Sing it brilliantly with heaps of feeling.

> Oh yeah, and how do I get to Carnegie Hall?
> --scott

Just head up 7th Ave . It's between W.56th and W.57th Streets.

Old July 30th 19, 08:18 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Olhsson

The old-timers have told me that the ideal is a simple self-accompanied vocal provided the song is good enough. Good enough is the catch. The only songs anybody is likely to record is something significantly better than what they or their friends can come up with. That's a high bar.
Old July 31st 19, 12:46 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf

On 7/30/2019 2:18 PM, Bob Olhsson wrote:
> The old-timers have told me that the ideal is a simple self-accompanied vocal provided the song is good enough. Good enough is the catch. The only songs anybody is likely to record is something significantly better than what they or their friends can come up with. That's a high bar.

That's a good point. When I was there I heard many a producer say that nobody
could predict a hit. Are the major labels still the mass producers or are
independents getting their share? I see some classical guitarists on Youtube
selling their CDs. Apparently some are successful to a degree. Of course being
concert artists no doubt helps their sales.

Selling an SM7 mcp6453[_2_] Pro Audio 2 June 8th 11 03:36 PM
Is a song still considered a "song" if you haven't recorded it yet? J.C. Scott Pro Audio 30 June 17th 06 07:55 AM
What Will They Think of Selling Next? Mike Rivers Pro Audio 0 September 29th 04 09:20 PM
Selling Car... Bryan Jackson Car Audio 1 August 18th 04 04:51 PM
Everyone's Selling a TLM-103 GermanDeathTickle Pro Audio 20 March 18th 04 09:44 AM