Chris Hornbeck

Default Nobody sings together like family

I've been transfering my old buddy's LP of The McPeak Brothers'
_Bluegrass at its Peak_ to CD, and of course, one shouldn't listen
to real bluegrass after the sun passes the yardarm, but....

Mel Tillis (God Bless 'im) brought these boys to RCA after a
head's up from his old friend Ernest (Pee Wee) Adkins. He took
their demo tape to Jerry Bradley at RCA, who signed them, to be
produced by Roy Dea. That's all I know.

A couple of CD's are listed on Copper Creek, but no depth at all
at Amazon. These guys shouldda been the next Carter family.

Any Virginia/Nashville cats know anything about their current
status? I'd travel quite a ways to see 'em. And certainly wish
them all the best.

Clean, high, lonesome,

Chris Hornbeck
"If we gave your unit armor, we'd have to give
it to everybody" -Big Don
Jim Gilliland

Chris Hornbeck wrote:
I've been transfering my old buddy's LP of The McPeak Brothers'
_Bluegrass at its Peak_ to CD, and of course, one shouldn't listen
to real bluegrass after the sun passes the yardarm, but....

Mel Tillis (God Bless 'im) brought these boys to RCA after a
head's up from his old friend Ernest (Pee Wee) Adkins. He took
their demo tape to Jerry Bradley at RCA, who signed them, to be
produced by Roy Dea. That's all I know.

A couple of CD's are listed on Copper Creek, but no depth at all
at Amazon. These guys shouldda been the next Carter family.

Any Virginia/Nashville cats know anything about their current
status? I'd travel quite a ways to see 'em. And certainly wish
them all the best.

Here's a summary of the McPeak story, but it isn't particularly up to
date: http://www.countryworks.com/artist_full.asp?KEY=MCPEAK

This may give you a better idea of what at least one of the brothers has
been up to recently:

http://www.angelfire.com/music2/dryruncreek/
http://www.vwboys.com/news.htm

I couldn't find much on what Dewey and Mike are doing these days.

All three of them are still listed in the Wytheville, Virginia phonebook
if you want to get in touch with them. I won't post their phone numbers
here, but they're pretty easy to look up.
Chris Hornbeck

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:55:17 -0500, Jim Gilliland
wrote:

This may give you a better idea of what at least one of the brothers has
been up to recently:

http://www.angelfire.com/music2/dryruncreek/
http://www.vwboys.com/news.htm

Thanks very much for all the great info and resourses. I suppose
I shouldn't ask questions without being prepared for some hard
answers.

But, the VW Boys are playing in Damascus tonight! Wonder if I
can make it that far in time?

Thanks again,