Mike Wagner

Default Delco CD Interface Question

Hello,

I replaced the radio in my 89 Pontiac 6000LE since the original radio
developed amplifier problems. It kept making popping and crakling
sounds from the right front speaker, even when faded to the rear
speakers. I picked up a radio from a late 90s Grand AM to put in its
place. I could have easily installed an aftermarker receiver but I
wanted to keep the stock look for my car. Also to my opinion the Delco
had better sound and power then the Alpine I saved from my old car.
Anyway the radio is a tape deck but it also has a 9 pin connector in the
back of the radio. I know that the radios that go into chevys have the
same connector and a slave CD player can be attached to this. The only
difference with my radio and the radio out of a chevy is that the
chevy's radio has a Tape/AUX button where mine has a Tape/Play button.
There are pictures of the radio on my website posted below.

http://members.cox.net/wagnermpw/6000LE/6000LE.htm

I would like to be able to connect a CD player to this radio. I also
have a Sony 10 disk changer that uses an FM modulator. Could I be able
to get an adaptor to interface the line out of the cd changer to the
radio without using the modulator?

The model number of the radio is 09376112.

Thanks,

Mike
http://members.cox.net/wagnermpw