Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

gareth magennis wrote:
I posted earlier that 100 ohms in series with around 2nF produced full blown oscillations.
I was scoping the ringing at the time, didn't have audio monitoring connected, and didn't notice that it was motorboating at a few Hz as I didn't want the unit to be oscillating like that for long.

So this recreates the symptoms. Full blown oscillations of around 100kHz and 60v pk to pk dumps the power supply and it motorboats.

This would explain motorboating into long cables. It's not related to the
transformer ringing (except in that it also might be a consequence of crappy
transformers). But when it motorboats, you see the it ring, because it rings.

The ringing is at the same frequency.

You have multiple serious design problems here. Send it back, get a real
Pultec.

Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit Paul Dorman Pro Audio 82 January 5th 21 03:50 AM
Good amps to clone Bret L Vacuum Tubes 0 April 25th 10 12:35 AM
WTB Waves Q-Clone License Haolemon Pro Audio 1 September 16th 07 08:26 AM
The clone marching on [email protected] Audio Opinions 5 August 23rd 07 05:23 AM
N72 1272 clone Studio Froombosch Pro Audio 0 March 31st 04 01:52 PM