Posted to rec.audio.tech
The Streets The Streets is offline

Default Denon Panel Lock ON

I have a client with a Denon DRA-397 Stereo Receiver.

The display says "Panel Lock ON" and they are unable
to use any of the front panel controls or the remote.

How do I turn the Panel Lock off??

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

The Streets wrote:
I have a client with a Denon DRA-397 Stereo Receiver.

The display says "Panel Lock ON" and they are unable
to use any of the front panel controls or the remote.

How do I turn the Panel Lock off??

I don't find a "Panel Lock" function in the powner's manual. I would
recommend a reset, the procedure for which is shown on page 19 of the
English portion of the owner's manual.

Anyway, with the unit OFF but plugged in, press and hold the speaker A and B
buttons and while still holding them press the POWER button. Continue to
hold the speaker buttons for another second or so. The display should all
light up and flash at 1-second intervals. If not flashing, try again.

If resetting won't help - or if reset is impossible, the microprocessor may
be defective, though it's pretty unlikely in this case.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
The Streets The Streets is offline

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
et...
The Streets wrote:
I have a client with a Denon DRA-397 Stereo Receiver.

The display says "Panel Lock ON" and they are unable
to use any of the front panel controls or the remote.

How do I turn the Panel Lock off??

I don't find a "Panel Lock" function in the powner's manual. I would
recommend a reset, the procedure for which is shown on page 19 of the
English portion of the owner's manual.

Anyway, with the unit OFF but plugged in, press and hold the speaker A and
B buttons and while still holding them press the POWER button. Continue to
hold the speaker buttons for another second or so. The display should all
light up and flash at 1-second intervals. If not flashing, try again.

If resetting won't help - or if reset is impossible, the microprocessor
may be defective, though it's pretty unlikely in this case.

Mark,
Thanks -- I missed that reset function in the manual. I'll try it.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

The Streets wrote:
I have a client with a Denon DRA-397 Stereo Receiver.

The display says "Panel Lock ON" and they are unable
to use any of the front panel controls or the remote.

How do I turn the Panel Lock off??

I don't find a "Panel Lock" function in the powner's manual. I would
recommend a reset, the procedure for which is shown on page 19 of the
English portion of the owner's manual.

Anyway, with the unit OFF but plugged in, press and hold the speaker A and
B buttons and while still holding them press the POWER button. Continue to
hold the speaker buttons for another second or so. The display should all
light up and flash at 1-second intervals. If not flashing, try again.

If resetting won't help - or if reset is impossible, the microprocessor
may be defective, though it's pretty unlikely in this case.

Mark Z.

Tried the microprocessor reset from the manual (spkr A & B held in while
powering on) -- did not work; Panel Lock was still ON.

Heard from Denon region support -- they said to try spkr B & Mode held
in while powering in. I won't be able to test this until Saturday, but they
seemed pretty confident that this would work. We'll see.

Interestingly, their best guess as to how Panel Lock got set was someone
pushing/holding in a variety of buttons on the front and by chance hitting
a combination that locked the panel.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

I have a client with a Denon DRA-397 Stereo Receiver.

The display says "Panel Lock ON" and they are unable
to use any of the front panel controls or the remote.

How do I turn the Panel Lock off??

I don't find a "Panel Lock" function in the powner's manual. I would
recommend a reset, the procedure for which is shown on page 19 of the
English portion of the owner's manual.

Anyway, with the unit OFF but plugged in, press and hold the speaker A and B
buttons and while still holding them press the POWER button. Continue to
hold the speaker buttons for another second or so. The display should all
light up and flash at 1-second intervals. If not flashing, try again.

If resetting won't help - or if reset is impossible, the microprocessor may
be defective, though it's pretty unlikely in this case.

It's possible that this receiver incorporates a lithium battery to
back-up its configuration memory when the receiver is powered off, and
that this battery has run down (they typically have a 5 - 10 year
lifetime).

I've seen a number of devices on the market which tend to go wonky
when the backup battery discharges. The configuration memory contents
may become garbled, and the onboard microprocessor doesn't detect this
condition properly and becomes very confused.

If this is the case, a reset may indeed help the problem, at least
temporarily. If the problem recurs, it may be necessary to service
the receiver - replacing the lithium battery (which may be a button
cell in a holder, or may be soldered to the PC board).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Posted to rec.audio.tech
The Streets The Streets is offline

Default Denon Panel Lock ON - Fixed

news
The Streets wrote:
[...]

Powering on while holding in Spkr B and the Mode buttons cleared the Panel
Lock.

Ever heard of Timbre Lock? Margaret von B. Vacuum Tubes 14 December 30th 05 11:11 PM
Servo lock Mark D. Zacharias General 0 June 24th 04 01:56 AM
OEM Stereo Lock Code kesmon Car Audio 2 February 7th 04 02:40 PM
"Touch Lock" FM RECEIVER, $69 Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 August 22nd 03 03:14 AM
lock to quicktime (no timecode?) Ken Lacouture Pro Audio 1 July 20th 03 03:50 PM