Default How to clean a push switch? Hafler DH 110

I just purchased a Hafler 110 preamp. I powered the preamp, no blown
breakers, sparks or burning insulation :-) I dropped it into my system
to put it through its paces and all seemed well until I started pushing
the four push button contols; mono, filter, tone and epl. When I pushed
the "filter" button the volume of the right channel dropped 80%.
Cycling that button produced a few crackles, but no improvement. I
understand that this a common problem with Hafler push buttons. Does
anyone have experience opening the plastic switch box for chemical
cleaning? I'd like to squirt some Deoxit inside, but dread breaking a
switch. I've thought of using a hot needle to melt a hole and putting
the aerosol needle in that. If worse comes to worse, are there
replacement switches available?

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the face plate, stood the preamp
so the four switches faced "up", applied copious amounts of deoxit,
let the deoxit work for an hour or so and then cycled the switches a
dozen times. I would never have thought that the deoxit would penetrate
down the shaft, but it seems to have worked. I'm keeping my Mototool
handy though :-)

Best amp to push high's?? CJS Car Audio 3 October 31st 04 05:15 PM
Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
connecting mp3 player -- need tripole switch? Robert Jacobson Car Audio 1 August 13th 03 09:16 PM
speaker selection switch Raymond Pro Audio 54 July 24th 03 06:45 AM