Siyan Li

Default Audio restoration and enhancement tool

Hi all,
I am trying restore and enhance a recorded interview. Removing the
statics and volume up a few some conversations that took place far away
from the recording device is ultimately what I would like to do.
Can someone recommend a good software for that? I have been
searching online but did not get much luck. I am a Mac user so
preferably the software runs on Macs. However, I do have a PC kicking
around so PC-based software could be used as well.

Thanks for your help,
--
Siyan Li
KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu; Index ID: s8li

Brian Downey

The "state of the art" audio restoration software is Diamond Cut 5
Live/Forensics. It is used by the FBI, CIA, etc. It's a bit expensive
($1400) but fortunately they offer a $200 product that will probably do most
of what you want. (The primary difference is the more expensive product lets
you do the processing real-time - before you recorded it on your computer.
The less expensive one requires you to first get the audio into your
computer and then it works on the computer file). Problem is they are only
for Windows machine. Look at their web site
http://www.diamondcut.com/Catalog/Di...g.htm#Software
It comes with a wonderful manual with all kinds of tutorials and tips -- and
they also sponsor a great newsgroup that can get you out of a problem
instantly. I'm not connected with the company or its products in any way.
Good luck. Hope this helps.
Brian

"Siyan Li" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am trying restore and enhance a recorded interview. Removing the
statics and volume up a few some conversations that took place far away
from the recording device is ultimately what I would like to do.
Can someone recommend a good software for that? I have been
searching online but did not get much luck. I am a Mac user so
preferably the software runs on Macs. However, I do have a PC kicking
around so PC-based software could be used as well.

Thanks for your help,
--
Siyan Li
KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu; Index ID: s8li
Key fingerprint = 82ED 0541 FD94 DEC3 8AC3 3C6E E04A 525F 0DDE 14D4
Dream as if you'll live forever;
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

-

Troy

Steinberg Clean
I really like it.It's for PC but works good.

Sound forge or Cool edit pro will work great also.

Siyan Li wrote in message
Hi all,
I am trying restore and enhance a recorded interview. Removing the
statics and volume up a few some conversations that took place far away
from the recording device is ultimately what I would like to do.
Can someone recommend a good software for that? I have been
searching online but did not get much luck. I am a Mac user so
preferably the software runs on Macs. However, I do have a PC kicking
around so PC-based software could be used as well.

Thanks for your help,
--
Siyan Li
KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu; Index ID: s8li
Key fingerprint = 82ED 0541 FD94 DEC3 8AC3 3C6E E04A 525F 0DDE 14D4
Dream as if you'll live forever;
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

-

Hooligan

"Siyan Li" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am trying restore and enhance a recorded interview. Removing the
statics and volume up a few some conversations that took place far away
from the recording device is ultimately what I would like to do.
Can someone recommend a good software for that? I have been
searching online but did not get much luck. I am a Mac user so
preferably the software runs on Macs. However, I do have a PC kicking
around so PC-based software could be used as well.

Thanks for your help,
--
Siyan Li

conversely, is there any software that will add SSB effects or SW Radio
sounds to a voice in real time?
this would be handy for use with ventrilo for FPS games.

I play BF1942 and the EOD mod, so sounding like Kurt would be funny.

regards malcolm

Rolo Tomassi

Cool edit pro is now and Adobe product called "Audition".

HTH

Rolo

Rolo Tomassi

Cool edit pro is now and Adobe product called "Audition".

HTH

Rolo

Rolo Tomassi

Cool edit pro is now and Adobe product called "Audition".

HTH

Rolo

Rolo Tomassi

Cool edit pro is now and Adobe product called "Audition".

HTH

Rolo

Peter Larsen

Siyan Li wrote:

Hi all,
I am trying restore and enhance a recorded interview. Removing the
statics and volume up a few some conversations that took place far away
from the recording device is ultimately what I would like to do.

It is probably not quite as easy to remedy as the some of the follow-ups
have suggested.