FOSTEX 812

Old March 20th 21, 04:28 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Yeah Good

Default FOSTEX 812

четверг, 10 августа 2000 г. в 10:00:00 UTC+3, Jeff Jasper:
> Kaydp wrote:
> >I'm looking for people who have used or still use the Fostex 812 mixer.....
> >Is it still one of the better
> >(older) mixers or should I really go for a Behringer MX2442a ?

> Several years ago I bought the Fostex 820, which is the same mixer but with 20
> inputs instead of 12. I bought it after looking at an 812 in a guitar store --
> but not after listening to it. I used it for about a year and a half, and now
> it's in the closet. It makes an excellent carpet masher. There is nothing
> that I like about it.
> It's hissy as hell. I couldn't believe that any mixer could be noiser than my
> previous Yamaha 1604, but Fostex did it. The mic preamps totally suck.
> The monitor bus is very low. The headphone amp was underpowered, noisy, and
> burned up after 3 months.
> The faders feel like ****. No, wait, **** is smooth, so that's wrong.
> The pans are not balanced, so center is off-center.
> When they say "8 out" they mean 8 out. There is no real stereo bus. I wound
> up mult-ing outs 1-4 to my 8-track, using 5 & 6 to DAT, and 7 & 8 to 2-track.
> The "phantom" power is only 24 volts. I guess the other +24V are just a
> phantom in my dreams? I was lucky that I had a mic that would run at low
> voltage while I waited for an outboard power supply to arrive (a Shure SM-81 --
> everybody's favorite for vocals, huh?).
> The preamps didn't have enough gain to really adequately drive an RE-20, even
> after deciding to ignore the noise cuz I _HAD_ to get some car spots out.
> Altho that combination did a great job of sounding like I was on the fringe of
> a Marti remote transmitter's range when I was doing some fake "radio remote"
> spots.
> And all this cost me only $2400. Not that I'm bitter.
> I would not buy or recommend anything Behringer, just on general principles.
> Go buy yourself a nice Mackie; I did. Even tho they are a low-end board, they
> get the job done for basic purposes like what I'm doing, and will probably be a
> joy for you. You'll have a fairly quiet board with adequate sends and a couple
> of usable headphone amps.
> Good luck!
> Jeff Jasper
> Results Video, El Paso TX

And TNX to Jeff for your feedback. Now i'm sure am going to sell it ^_^

Fostex G16/24 again boardjunkie Pro Audio 7 February 14th 08 05:56 AM
Fostex FR2 Jeffrey Friedman Pro Audio 7 February 21st 04 02:29 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Pro Audio 0 November 17th 03 05:49 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 05:48 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 05:48 PM