Mic Stands

Old March 14th 21, 09:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_]

Default Mic Stands

If it ain't one damn thing it's another. For the past 60 years, at least
in my experience, the bases on microphone stands have been threaded with
a 7/8"-27 thread. All of my stands are threaded that way, including my
On Stage M7920B bass drum mic stands. However, I just bought another On
Stage M7920B, and it is threaded M20. On doing a little research, it
appears that the only other versions of this stand by other
manufacturers also thread to M20 or they crimp a flimsy connector onto
the tube.

I use the bases of these stands without the booms or telescoping tubes
for desk mics very heavy mics on mini booms. I have my own contraption
that I've put together over time. A regular desk mic stand will tip
over. These stands with the proper hardware (that I have collected and
hoarded over the years) is a perfect solution. Try finding a 7/8"-27
male-to-male coupler. I have several. Try finding an Atlas AD-13B. I
have several.

If I could find a few On Stage MS7920Bs with the 7/8"-27 thread, I'd be
happy. If I could find a few 7/8"-27 female to M20 male adapters, I'd be
happy. I get the sense I'm not going to be happy. Now I have to be on
the lookout for surplus and closeout sales. eBay, here I come.

If you have any collecting dust that you want to sell, please let me know.
Old March 15th 21, 10:51 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Liz Tuddenham

mcp6453 > wrote:

> ...If I could find a few 7/8"-27 female to M20 male adapters, I'd be
> happy.

Have you thought of contacting a small engineering shop and asking them
to make some for you? If there are a lot of other people in your
position, you might be able to get a batch made and sell them.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Old March 15th 21, 11:29 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/T...2/N/3991602298

Old March 15th 21, 02:15 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >,
gray_wolf > wrote:
>On 14/03/2021 4:57 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
>> If it ain't one damn thing it's another. For the past 60 years, at leas=

>t in my=20
>> experience, the bases on microphone stands have been threaded with a 7/=

>8"-27=20
>> thread.=20

>https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/T...ci/14722/N/39=
>91602298

I don't see anything here with an M20 thread.

My guess is that the M20 thread isn't intended to go into a microphone clip
at all, but is intended to go into some kind of head that goes into the
microphone clip. Either the head is missing, or the original poster doesn't
like it.

Either way, I'd contact On Stage. They are good people, they do a lot of their
fab work themselves, and they probably can help.

You may be the victim of an ECO where the head design was changed.