Roger W. Norman

Default I thought playing elevator music live was hell...

but remodelling is the extreme of hell. I used to have this mildly funny
version of musician's hell, which is standing on the top of an elevator
playing the "music" live, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for eternity, but
with this remodelling I think I've already run into eternity and hit a wall.

All I can say to you guys is "don't do it" (my wife's cousin's husband's
statement and what precience. If the wifey brings up remodelling, "don't do
it". Perhaps a nice dinner out will distract her, but believe me, if you
don't get away from the subject you will find yourself in perpetual hell
where all things are examined and one's love for another can even be tested.
**** "Poltergeist". This is worse! g

Try two months of occasionally eating something from the grill, but forget
anything that has to do with good food. Pizza, order out Chinese, TV
****ing dinners, and it will show you a thing or two about your eating
habits. If MikeyD's hamburgers are good to you, go to the ****ing doctor's.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and perhaps this once it won't
be an oncoming train. Essentially there's a new kitchen and refloored
entertainment room that got ruined by a 4" rain in two hours a couple of
days having weathered out Isabel (still love that generator). Hopefully
I'll be able to get the patio finished so that I can get RAP's local guys
over for a party.

Now, the real problem. How the hell do I get all this dust out of my
recording equipment? It's insideious. I believe I'm going to have to take
my Soundtracs down and clean every board, but then that would include two
sets of converters, the Tascam DA38, the RTR, even the computers. Plastic
around doors didn't work (gee, and we were told to use plastic and duct tape
to protect against a ****ing MICROBE?) nor did using fairly sealed rooms
with unequal pressure. The house is porous, being 72 years old.

The last paragraph was to help keep it on topic, and although you might not
care about the former, you have to admit, the latter is pertinent to audio
and studios! g

---

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Peter Larsen

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Now, the real problem. How the hell do I get all this dust
out of my recording equipment?

Good vacuum cleaners allow the hose to be mounted on the exhaust.
Blowing at 2 feet is a good way to move dust out of a computer.

It's insideious. I believe I'm going to have to take
my Soundtracs down and clean every board, but then that would include two
sets of converters, the Tascam DA38, the RTR, even the computers.

[now quoting the last paragraph]

Plastic around doors didn't work (gee, and we were told to
use plastic and duct tape to protect against a ****ing MICROBE?)

It will protect against any and all radiation too, as long as you are
more than 400 feet from the ground zero position. At less than 400 feeet
you need a double layer of duct tape and thermo-resistent plastic.

The last paragraph was to help keep it on topic,

It helped immensely. Now will you please get that house fixed and move
the dust out of your equipment and back in the living room and start
recording so that you can write about things recording as good as you
write about everything else and the kitchen sink.

O;-)

and although you might not care about the former, you have to
admit, the latter is pertinent to audio
and studios! g

Disfunctional kitchen = disfunktional operator = suboptimal recording,
yes, the kitchen is indeed vital.

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Kind regards