Posted to rec.audio.tech
Oliver Mangold Oliver Mangold is offline

Default Pirate CD from Argentinia?

Hello guys,

I have an interesting question. I bought a CD from a dealer in
Argentinia over Amazon Marketplace. I soon noticed, that one track on
the CD contains a small crackly (ugly thing for audiophiles :-( ) and
the cover has poor printing quality (looks to me like scanned from an
original cover). The CD is a pressed one (no CD-R), and the cover is a
professional (offset?) printing (not simple color laser printing).
Anyhow I assumed, that they send me a pirate copy (as far as I know,
pirating CDs is legal in Argentinia). So I wrote a complaint to the
dealer and got the following answer

All our products are bought at a major distributor outside US and
Europe. We guarantee all our products to be original and brand new.
Some of this editions are even better tha US/European versions; some
are a little worst; but most of the are just the same.

One reason of why an original CD can have poor printing quality is
that the label decided that the artist is not popular enough in the
region to make a good quality album.

What do you thing about this? Does anybody know, if it is true, that in
some remote regions of the world, they make poor quality covers for
original CDs? Has someone had similar experiences? How can I figure out,
whether the CD is original?

Greetings

Oliver
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Oliver Mangold wrote:

What do you thing about this? Does anybody know, if it is true, that
in some remote regions of the world, they make poor quality covers for
original CDs? Has someone had similar experiences? How can I figure
out, whether the CD is original?

Copy your complaint to the CD's record company, and don't bother to shop
from that source again.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie Kevin McMurtrie is offline

In article ,
Oliver Mangold wrote:

[...]

CDs can have several legitimate regional companies manufacturing them.
Prices and qualities vary wildly.

Determining whether or not you have a fake may be difficult. Have
somebody else with that album check for the crackling. Return it if
it's just yours.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from Argentina, Nigeria, or Russia.

How to pirate a vinyl record mc Tech 0 May 22nd 06 11:44 PM
How to pirate a vinyl record Jeff Findley Tech 0 May 16th 06 03:06 PM
I'm an evil audio pirate ! Tom-Alex Soorhull General 0 May 15th 04 10:39 PM
Pirate radio legalities Doc Gorpon Pro Audio 17 December 11th 03 12:55 PM
Interesting Pirate Article Glenn Davis Pro Audio 77 September 26th 03 12:32 AM