Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default DPA 4099G demo on its way and other ramblings

It worked out better than I expected. I haven't mixed it, but just listening on headphones after the gig it sounds like I can use just the mic track and no pickup and it will be fine. It's a pretty natural sound too- probably won't even require any eq.

I'm very excited overall with how it all sounded on tape (disk?). I used the 4099 on the guitar, 4061 omni on the bass, a single THE hypercardioid on drum oh and a pair of schoeps mk41 in xy on stereo overall pickup. It worked out great. Everything is clear and balanced. I'll post some clips when I get a chance to run some roughs.