Rodney Kraft Rodney Kraft is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs down UHF-8800 problems

Our church purchased a UHF-8800 system two months ago (November) and have had TWO others (same model) sent to us, only to have each one returned because two or three of the microphones WON'T work properly.

They hiss, pop, and cut out, no matter if the receiver unit is in front or behind the singers. It's as if the microphones aren't putting out enough signal strength to maintain signal capture.

If they keep the mics in the stands everything seems to work just fine, but when they hold them in their hands, or our Pastor tries to walk around with one, well he CAN'T because it won't work!

Anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your fix?

We are on the THIRD system and about ready to send it back for a refund! We don't "want" to do that, but come on, 3 returns???!!
Rodney Kraft Rodney Kraft is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Kraft View Post
Our church purchased a UHF-8800 system two months ago (November) and have had TWO others (same model) sent to us, only to have each one returned because two or three of the microphones DON'T work properly.

They hiss, pop, and/or cut out, whether the receiver unit is in front or behind the singers. It's as if the microphones aren't putting out enough signal strength to maintain signal capture.

If they keep the mics in the stands everything seems to work just fine, but when they hold them in their hands, or our Pastor tries to walk around with one, well he CAN'T because it won't work!

As for the "12-hour" battery life? Yeah, Right! "MAYBE" 2-3 hours TOPS!

Anyone have a solution to this, besides another return? If so, what was your fix?

Have thought about extending the antennas, or even using higher gain antennas on the receiver, but that's MORE expense and we shouldn't have to do this! They "should" work right out of the box!

We are on the THIRD system and about ready to send it back for a refund! We don't "want" to do that, but come on, 3 returns???!!
NOT impressed with the Quality Control on these!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Hardy John Hardy is offline

Default UHF-8800 problems

On 2/1/2011 9:03 AM, Rodney Kraft wrote:
Our church purchased a UHF-8800 system two months ago (November) and
have had TWO others (same model) sent to us, only to have each one
returned because two or three of the microphones WON'T work properly.

They hiss, pop, and cut out, no matter if the receiver unit is in front
or behind the singers. It's as if the microphones aren't putting out
enough signal strength to maintain signal capture.

If they keep the mics in the stands everything seems to work just fine,
but when they hold them in their hands, or our Pastor tries to walk
around with one, well he CAN'T because it won't work!

Anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your fix?

We are on the THIRD system and about ready to send it back for a refund!
We don't "want" to do that, but come on, 3 returns???!!

The on-line reviews are not encouraging.

John Hardy
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

--
Rodney Kraft

Rodney,

you need to figure out what frequency these mics are operating on, and
make sure there is not a UHF digital TV station on the same frequency
in your area.

In the good old analog TV days, it was easy to tell, the interference
sounded like a video buzz, but now with 8VSB modulation, it just
sounds like hiss so you can't tell if its a weak signal or
interference.

Antenna.org will tell you which frequencies are occupied by TV
stations in your area.

If your 10mW mic is on the same frequency as and competing with a 1
MegaWatt TV station, your mic will loose once you get a few feet away
from the receiver.

Mark

VocoPro UHF-8800 [email protected] Pro Audio 1 August 9th 10 07:08 PM
Wav => Ac3 problems RedFox Pro Audio 0 September 3rd 04 07:13 PM
Wanted: Pioneer TX-8800-II John A. Weeks III Marketplace 0 February 14th 04 10:23 PM
TNT 45 rpm problems [email protected] High End Audio 1 December 27th 03 07:07 AM
WTB - Pioneer TX-8800 Tuner John A. Weeks III Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 11:35 PM