Posted to rec.audio.pro
Digital Realm Studios Digital Realm Studios is offline

Default Quantec, germany are Liars and Crooks!!!!!!!

This is an attempt to get my money refunded to me after almost 4 years
of being lied to continually by Almuth of Quantec, germany.

I will have to summarize since this comprises at the very least 104
emails exchanged over those almost 4 years.
essentially, I was lied to about 52 times by almuth.

so here is the story in brief: ( and if anyone doubts, I'll be happy to
forward all 102 emails to you; I have them all saved.)

7/18/2005 - I order/ wire $2640 for the newly designed yardstick 2492;
almuth tells me it is a 8 week delivery.

2/3/2006 - I post on this newsgroup asking people if quantec is a
legitimate company or a bunch of scam artists.

Almuth calls me next day....somehow she found out about my post. she
says she will send me a used/demo yardstick 2402 to use till my unit is
ready for delivery(2492).
I agree; she asks that I post on this newsgroup that we settled the
issue....so I did out of good faith. I trusted this person....

2/27/2007 - Almuth tells me my 2492 unit is ready and will ship out on
3/7/2007. I believe her for some reason...I don't know why.
Note: we had agreed that I would sell the 2402 when my unit was ready;
and that I would return 80% of sale money to her.

4/4/2007 - I sell the 2402 on ebay as we agreed for $1000; I keep $200;
and will refund the $800 to her when I get my 2492.
Note: subtract the $800 from $2460 = $1660 quantec would owe me in a
refund if they don't deliver the unit.

4/14/2008 - Almuth says they will deliver the 2492 to me this week.

7/3/2008 - almuth says unit is ready to ship (note, I have been told
this about 50 times so far by Almuth)

9/10/2008 - I tell Almuth I've had enough of this BS; I want my money
refunded, I'm buying another unit from another company.
note, I purchased this 2492 on 7/18/2005 (3 years, 2 months ago);
Almuth agrees to refund my money.
I asked her to mail me a cashiers check by certified mail; but she
wants to do wire transfer.
so I have to get instructions on what to do and send to her.

so she owes me $1660.

10/22/2008 - Almuth wires me $500; but the bank wiring fees were $448.
I tell almuth that I should not have to pay these fees.
she says she will pay me the rest next week and it will be settled.

She says she will make up the fees; I will not have to pay them.

11/20/2008 - almuth promises to pay me the rest at end of jan. 2009 (1/30/2009)
I agree to wait but if she doesn't pay me, I threaten to post on this
user group that they are ripping me off.
this is last chance, I won't wait anymore. I have been more than patient.

2/2/2009 - almuth promises to pay me again...still no payment.

2/3/2009 - almuth now promises me she will pay me within the next 3
months; and will include any fees in payment.

2/23/2009 - almuth promises to pay

3/23/2009 - almuth promises to pay/wire transfer next week.

5/6/2009 - Today.....I have not heard from her since 3/23/2009.

here is what they owe me as of today:

they wired me $500; $460 reached my account, my bank charged another $12 so
out of $500, I got $448;

so those fees were $52.

she owed me $1660 - $448 = $1212
when she wires this to me: they will charge $52 for the transfer.

so total to wire to me for clear refund and this nightmare is over is:

$1264.00 us dollars is what she needs to wire to my account.

They have left me with no choice but state they are
"Quantec is the biggest lying bunch of crooked jackasses i've ever
dealt with....don't do business with these people."

this is my only chance of getting my money back....I told her in Nov.
2008 I would do this.... July 2009 will be 4 years!!!!!!!!!

if they ever pay me, I will post on here that they have!!! but it
appears their customers are just chumps to them to be screwed
over!!!!!!!!!!
I have never had this problem with a legitimate business before....

Almuth, wire me the $1264 you owe me and our issues will be settled.
not interested in any more of your BS promises you never keep.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
george cain george cain is offline

I made a typo on one line:
10/22/2008 - Almuth wires me $500; but the bank wiring fees were $448.

the fees were $52; I recieved $448; which is noted further down. it
was alot of stuff to write.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jim Weld[_2_] Jim Weld[_2_] is offline

"Digital Realm Studios" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to hear about your experience with Quantec. I've used the 2402 alot,
and found it to be a very good unit, especially to get good clasical music
spaces. It seemed very strange that no one would carry their products, and
no news about their products except from their own website.

There are lots of small companies in this business that are really flaky
(spelling?) who otherwise are brilliant in their design. They don't care
about customer support and are terrible at business. I'm sure they're not
making any money.

jim

Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG WillStG is offline

I made a typo on one line:

On 2009-05-06 18:59:24 -0400, Digital Realm Studios
said:

[...]

George, no customer service person deserves 4 years of patience
before you go over their head and talk to their boss. She maybe
telling her boss one thing and you another, and the money is somewhere
in between. In fact could be she is the primary reason the company
has problems. It's far from an unusual tale, and if that's the case
bitching here is less effcient than writing the company CEO.

It is true that when the late Steven St. Croix was practicing
extortion over his Mac based Quantec editing software - in violation
of the software User's agreement - I did call him out here on it, but
he was the boss in that situation. ($900 for a dead key disk!) At
least Quantec has a free PC version of that online at their website.

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy
dento dento is offline
Junior Member

I was the first developer the the javascript GUI for Quantec which I developed part-time in 2008 and have also done translation work for Almuth. I am bitter that Almuth has repeatedly made my life difficult in either witholding pay and then still owing my pay.

I took her to the German worker's court in the summer of 2008 and she promised to pay me the ca. 2500 Euros outstanding. But by the deadline she had paid nothing, and after calling her she paid a few hundred Euros. This call, plead and get some has been going on since Sept. 2008 and I am exhausted. I call her monthly around the 12th and the 25th and ask her to pay EUR 100 and she pays 30 or 50. No calls from my side mean no pay. After 2 and a half years of this cat and mouse game, I'm fed up and am turning to this forum, much like the previous member.

She has proven that her integrity to be lacking. I understand that running a small audio company is hard but a signed contract is binding.

Now I promise to post my javascript GUis on this forum if Almuth does not pay me my 600 Euros owing.

I want justice and have no other recourse.