Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] squash@peoriadesignweb.com is offline

Default How to record sound from laptop speakers

I would like to burn an audio cd from some video clips on the net. I
googled and found that I just need to set my 'Sound Recorder' to record
line-in and it will get the audio from the sound card. However this is
not working. My laptop is a new ( 2006 ) Dell Inspiron B130. Is it
possible my new computer's sound card wont let me do what I want?

Posted to rec.audio.tech

squash wrote ...
I just did some more googling and found I need to select 'wave out' or
'stero mix' from the recording source. But my recording options are
just line-in and mic. Is there a way to expand my sound card options
include those? Or I could plug my headphones out into the line-in.
There is no line-out on this laptop so would that work?

First, see if there are any updated audio drivers available
for your system.

If "record what you hear" or "stereo mix" is not one of the
choices available to record from, you can install 3rd party
software like "Total Recorder" which will allow recording
anything you hear on your computer. www.highcriteria.com
I am a paying customer and highly recommend it.