Default Digital Audio Systems

I've been looking around for Digital Audio Systems, have you guys
checked out this one called symphony by olive ?
www.olive.us
it seems to deliver high audio quality

Geoff@work

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been looking around for Digital Audio Systems, have you guys
checked out this one called symphony by olive ?
www.olive.us
it seems to deliver high audio quality

Naa - it's poorly constructed and sounds like a wet fart. The company is so
lame they feel oblidged to promote their crappy little player thing by
plastering thinnly-disguised spam all over USENET. Nobody with any sense
would touch a product from such a bunch of sleezes.

geoff

Tim Martin

"Geoff@work" wrote in message

Naa - it's poorly constructed and sounds like a wet fart. The company is

so
lame they feel oblidged to promote their crappy little player thing by
plastering thinnly-disguised spam all over USENET. Nobody with any sense
would touch a product from such a bunch of sleezes.

It's hard to see how the $900 Olive system could sound any better than the
Linksys WMLS11B, which costs around $100.

Both handle .wav files, and both have digital output, so both should
contribute nothing to the sound.

Tim

Dan

On 8/26/2005 3:36 AM, Tim Martin wrote:
"Geoff@work" wrote in message

Naa - it's poorly constructed and sounds like a wet fart. The company is

so

lame they feel oblidged to promote their crappy little player thing by
plastering thinnly-disguised spam all over USENET. Nobody with any sense
would touch a product from such a bunch of sleezes.

It's hard to see how the $900 Olive system could sound any better than the
Linksys WMLS11B, which costs around $100.

Both handle .wav files, and both have digital output, so both should
contribute nothing to the sound.

Tim

The DAC, maybe? SlimDevices SqueezeBox 2 uses a Burr-Brown DAC or use
its optical out to hook to an external DAC. SB2 plays FLAC which is
what you want to use in the home if you care about sound quality. Also
check OS-independent open source SlimServer (I have it running on a 17W
headless linux box, revogear.)