Posted to rec.audio.car
ArKane

Default What to do with a head unit after you replace it?

I replaced the factory head unit in my '05 Kia Spectra several months
ago, and it's been sitting in my closet ever since. I need to get rid
of it to make more room for shelf space, but what to do with it? It's
in perfect working condition (or was when I replaced it), so throwing
it away just seems wasteful What do you guys usually do with a head
unit after you rplace it? I'm not sure it has any monetary value, but
would happily give it away if I knew somebody had a use for it.
Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"ArKane" wrote in message
I replaced the factory head unit in my '05 Kia Spectra several months
ago, and it's been sitting in my closet ever since. I need to get rid
of it to make more room for shelf space, but what to do with it? It's
in perfect working condition (or was when I replaced it), so throwing
it away just seems wasteful What do you guys usually do with a head
unit after you rplace it? I'm not sure it has any monetary value, but
would happily give it away if I knew somebody had a use for it.

\
I would keep it, so when ever you trade your vehicle you can put the factory
unit back in. A lot of buyers prefer to have the original factory unit

Posted to rec.audio.car
Charles B. Summers

eBay!

Sold my Ford CD-6 last month for over $140! The cassette player out of my
F-150 went for about $30. Money I would have never had if I just sat the
units in the closet.

"ArKane" wrote in message
I replaced the factory head unit in my '05 Kia Spectra several months
ago, and it's been sitting in my closet ever since. I need to get rid
of it to make more room for shelf space, but what to do with it? It's
in perfect working condition (or was when I replaced it), so throwing
it away just seems wasteful What do you guys usually do with a head
unit after you rplace it? I'm not sure it has any monetary value, but
would happily give it away if I knew somebody had a use for it.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Charles B. Summers

Nope... already traded both trucks in, and the dealership never cared about
the originals. As a matter of fact, they never looked inside one of the
trucks until after the deal was closed.

"Austin Becker" wrote in message
money you will definitely lose on trade in value when you try to rid
yourself of the truck.

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"Charles B. Summers" charles wrote in message
. ..
eBay!

Sold my Ford CD-6 last month for over $140! The cassette player out of my
F-150 went for about $30. Money I would have never had if I just sat the
units in the closet.

rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 1/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 August 9th 05 07:30 AM
bass thumping noise and head unit shuts down randomly [email protected] Car Audio 2 April 4th 05 04:16 AM
Newbie Question - Head Unit too powerfull? Bob Car Audio 5 March 9th 05 06:10 PM
JVC Head Unit Help Jcasey22 Car Audio 0 January 3rd 05 08:04 PM
Head unit's amp turning off on bas zumbul Car Audio 0 December 8th 04 09:08 PM