Wild Weasel

Default Distortion with Crystal components??

I recently installed a set of Crystal Mobile Sound CPe60 components in the
doors of my '96 Grand Cherokee. The head unit is a JVC SX-990.

This setup sound very good at moderate volume levels but begins distorting
quite early, with spl at about 95db (at ear level). The Bass Mecanik CD
confirms this distortion in the 80-110 hz range as spl get into the mid
90's.

Does this level of distortion sound normal?

I'll be adding a RF sub and Profile 75W x 4 channel amp to this setup over
the weekend and hopefully the added power and sub will allow me to increase
SPL without the distortion.

Marcel
MZ

I recently installed a set of Crystal Mobile Sound CPe60 components in the
doors of my '96 Grand Cherokee. The head unit is a JVC SX-990.

This setup sound very good at moderate volume levels but begins distorting
quite early, with spl at about 95db (at ear level). The Bass Mecanik CD
confirms this distortion in the 80-110 hz range as spl get into the mid
90's.

Does this level of distortion sound normal?

Yes. Your head unit is not nearly powerful enough to do what you're asking
it to do.

I'll be adding a RF sub and Profile 75W x 4 channel amp to this setup over
the weekend and hopefully the added power and sub will allow me to

increase
SPL without the distortion.

This should help you fix your problem, assuming it's properly configured.

6.5 Components CDT cl61a for the Rear doors ? RobTsi Car Audio 1 January 22nd 04 07:03 AM
Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
Question on my Directed Audio components... TheBIessedDead Car Audio 4 December 31st 03 04:41 PM
Pioneer Silver Era components for Sale (tuner, decompressor, time-tunnel reverb) ME Designer General 1 December 24th 03 02:55 AM
Pioneer Clipping and Distortion was:DEH-P840MP, infinity kappa 693.5i and kappa 50.5cs component. Soundfreak03 Car Audio 0 August 29th 03 04:05 AM