Michael Duffy

Default Philips CDM-9/65 cd mechanism

I have a Micromega TDrive and the motor went south. Anybody know where I can
get a replacement?

Per Stromgren

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:23:50 -0400, "Michael Duffy"
wrote:

I have a Micromega TDrive and the motor went south. Anybody know where I can
get a replacement?

Why? Go after it, you can't be far behind!

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one... No, I have nothing better to add.)

Per.

Tim Schwartz

Hello,

Unfortunately these have been unavailable for quite some time. I guess
it is always possible that one will turn up somewhere. Are you sure the
motor is bad? I've often seen the platter that the disc sits on be
jammed down on the chassis of the mechanism during shipping, making it
so that the platter will not turn. You should be able to see a gap
between the bottom of the gray plastic 'puck' and the metal chassis. If
you can't, then gently insert a knife or screwdriver between them and
gently pry. A gap of around 1 mm seems to be about right.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

P.S. If you do find a vendor who stocks these, please send me an e-mail
telling me who!