Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mart1977@gmail.com is offline

Default can a 192 box be a standalone converter?

Anyone ever try this without me rewiring?

Without connection to a computer does it do AD and send it to the
digital outputs like Lynx box does?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline

Anyone ever try this without me rewiring?
Without connection to a computer does it do AD and send it to the
digital outputs like Lynx box does?

I tried it once without success.

Scott Fraser

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline

Yes, I was thrown by this also and wasn't sure what the OP was talking
about. I 'think' now that he is talking about one of the DigiDesign Pro
Tools HD I/O boxeshttp://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=169&itemid=26272

John L Rice

I'm presuming the ProTools HD192 I/O hardware interface. At any rate
that's the box I was talking about in my reply to the OP.

Scott Fraser

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Aug 11, 5:19 pm, "John L Rice" wrote:

Yes, I was thrown by this also and wasn't sure what the OP was talking
about. I 'think' now that he is talking about one of the DigiDesign Pro
Tools HD I/O

How sad that Digidesign has become so generic that at least someone
thinks it's no longer necessary to use the name.

This is a step lower than "LDC" and the "SDC" that the abbreviation
made necessary.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

Yes, I was thrown by this also and wasn't sure what the OP was talking
about. I 'think' now that he is talking about one of the DigiDesign Pro
Tools HD I/O

How sad that Digidesign has become so generic that at least someone
thinks it's no longer necessary to use the name.

This is a step lower than "LDC" and the "SDC" that the abbreviation
made necessary.

I think it's laziness. Successful communication consists of both parties
knowing that they're at least talking about the same thing. Some people
don't seem to care.