dbx_boy

Default Linux?? Maybe We Should Beg Digi for Linux Support?

It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

http://www.petitiononline.com/YALB1975/petition.html

Maybe we should start a petition to beg Digidesign, Creamware and all
the others to support Linux!

And people actually have to ask why Linux doesn't even show on the
radar map of desktop users.
Maybe horrid hardware support is a good place to start. Come on
already, when Linux users have to BEG for printer support, things must
be pretty sad in that neck of the woods.
With all of this configuring, keeping track of software, compling
kernels and now begging for support, one has to wonder when these Linux
people have time to use their applications?

dbx_boy

Most HP printers work fine. Out of all the printers that do work,
there is more than enough choice.

7

dbx_boy wrote:

It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

Is this something flat and fishy I see before me?

Now why would I want to buy hardware from any manufacturer
if it doesn't support main stream product like GNU/Linux?
There are plenty out there that works and who support Linux.

ray

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:56:44 -0700, dbx_boy wrote:

It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

http://www.petitiononline.com/YALB1975/petition.html

Maybe we should start a petition to beg Digidesign, Creamware and all
the others to support Linux!

And people actually have to ask why Linux doesn't even show on the
radar map of desktop users.
Maybe horrid hardware support is a good place to start. Come on
already, when Linux users have to BEG for printer support, things must
be pretty sad in that neck of the woods.
With all of this configuring, keeping track of software, compling
kernels and now begging for support, one has to wonder when these Linux
people have time to use their applications?

dbx_boy

Actually, Linux now surpasses MAC in terms of total installs. Crappy
hardware support is to be expected until the manufacturers realize they
are losing significant bucks by not supporting. The time is coming. There
are manufacturers like HP and Epson who have realized the situation and
are indeed starting to support Linux. Once it gets rolling, it will be a
snowball effect. BTW no need to beg for printer support - there are plenty
of models from HP, Epson and Brother that work fine with Linux - I know, I
check these things out before I buy equipment.

Peter Köhlmann

begin virus.txt.scr dbx_boy (flatfish) wrote:

snip flatfish droppings
dbx_boy

Hi flatffish.

How is that open relay in Korea working?

Ivan Marsh

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:56:44 -0700, dbx_boy wrote:

snip BS

--
Life is short, but wide. -KV

andy

This may be a perfectly proper question in the linux forums but why are
you posting it in rec.audio.pro?

Peter Köhlmann

andy wrote:

This may be a perfectly proper question in the linux forums but why are
you posting it in rec.audio.pro?

Because he is flatfish, a liar, wintroll and software thief.
And a racist swine

He also posts as

Aftab Singh, allison_hunt1969, Anna Banger, anonymous, Archie Watermann,
Baba Booey, Babu Singh, bill.gates.loves.me, bison, Bjarne Jensen,
BklynBoy, Boyce Mabri, Buster, Charles LeGrand, Charlie, Choppers McGee,
Christine Abernathy, Claire Lynn, Collie Entragion, Deadpenguin, Elliot
Zimmermann, Fawn Lebowitz, flatfish+++, foamy, Gary Stewart, gilligan, Greg
Finnigan, Greg Laplante, Heather, Heather69, hepcat, Ishmeal Hafizi, itchy
balls, Ivan Mctavish, IvanaB, Jeff Szarka, juke_joint, kaptain kaput,
kathy_krantz, Les Turner, Lilly, Lindy, Lisa Shavas, long_tong_ling, Lukumi
Babalu Aye, Major Mynor, McSwain, Moses, ,
nate_mcspook, okto_pussy, Paddy McCrockett, Patricia, Peter Gluckman,
Phillip Cornwall, phoung quoak, pickle_pete, Poopy Pants McGee, Quimby,
Richie O'Toole, Robert Strunk, rothstein_ivan, Sammy, Saul Goldblatt,
Schlomo Smykowski, Sharon Hubbasland, Sean, Sean Fitzhenry, Sean
Macpherson, Sewer Rat, sewer_clown, Spammy_Davis, spanny_davis, Stephan
Simonsen, Stephen, Stephen Townshend, SuckyB, SunnyB, Susan Wong, Suzie
Wong, Swampee, The Beaver, Thorsten, Toby Rastus Roosovelt III, Tori
Wassermann, Tracee, trailerpark, Trina Swallows, Walter Bubniak, Wang
Mycock, Whizzer, Wilbur J, Willy Wong, Winnie Septos,Wobbles and zyklon_C.
Plus many, many, many more.
--
"Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich Schiller

Kier

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:22:33 -0700, andy wrote:

This may be a perfectly proper question in the linux forums but why are
you posting it in rec.audio.pro?

That would be because he's a trolling idiot, I'm afraid.

--
Kier

chrisv

dbx_boy (Flatfish) wrote:

It seems

What seems to you is irrelevant, Flathead.

S.Heenan

dbx_boy wrote:
It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

http://www.petitiononline.com/YALB1975/petition.html

Maybe we should start a petition to beg Digidesign, Creamware and all
the others to support Linux!

And people actually have to ask why Linux doesn't even show on the
radar map of desktop users.
Maybe horrid hardware support is a good place to start. Come on
already, when Linux users have to BEG for printer support, things must
be pretty sad in that neck of the woods.
With all of this configuring, keeping track of software, compling
kernels and now begging for support, one has to wonder when these Linux
people have time to use their applications?

dbx_boy

"Dear Printer Manufacturers,

We, the Undersigned, are sick of your unprofessional attitude toward the
users of the Linux operating system. You often state that you do not
support Linux because "At this time, the low user base of Linux does not
merit the expense of developing our software to fit those needs." This
petition sets to correct your gross miscalculation. After viewing the
numbers of users that have signed this petition, perhaps you might want
to reconsider.

We would like you, the manufacturer; to reacquaint yourselves to the
fact that WE are the consumers...therefore, WE dictate the rise and fall
of the market. WE push a product or pull it. The ball is in our court.
Let this petition serve as a notification and warning...you can show
your intention at bringing resolution to this matter by releasing
drivers for Linux or open sourcing your current stock of drivers...or
you can ignore it and paint a target on yourselves for a Linux wide
boycott of your products."

1061. THOMAS C HARDY USA Linux drivers are desperately needed for all
devices.
1054. Mikko Virkkilä Finland Every purchase I make is largely based on
the attitude the manufacturer has towards the free software community.
This literally makes or breaks every single deal.
1040. MJ Ray UK Free software drivers give better performance, all else
being equal
1026. Eamonn United Arab Emirates No need to be anal towards Linux!
941. Alan Fincher USA Please provide us with drivers for Linux. Linux is
growing at an unexpected rate, that you must consider us. Products such
as Linspire, Xandros, Ubuntu, Mepis, Suse, etc make it easy for the
average user. Provide us and help bring other companies into the world
of Linux.
928. Faisal Islam U.S.A. I **only** buy hardware supported under OS/2
and Linux.
861. Bob Guy usa If it doesn't work with linux, and is linux friendly, I
won't buy it!

I love this guy:
928. Faisal Islam U.S.A. I **only** buy hardware supported under OS/2
and Linux.

Have much luck with OS/2 and chipsets more recent than 1996, Faisal ?

The signers of this petition must be mistaken, since we all know, from
reading cola, that linux has drivers for /everything/, right Liam,
Skippa, pIk ?
Noah Roberts

andy wrote:
This may be a perfectly proper question in the linux forums but why are
you posting it in rec.audio.pro?

Obviously begause digidesign is an audio hardware manufacture for which
no products they sell are supported by Linux. Their mistake. There is
plenty of proffesional grade audio hardware available that is.

Noah Roberts

S.Heenan wrote:

The signers of this petition must be mistaken, since we all know, from
reading cola, that linux has drivers for /everything/, right Liam,
Skippa, pIk ?

My integrated sound controller didn't work. I had bought an AMD64 when
they first came out and with it came a POS sound controller that was
too new to have been looked at yet. I also had a similar problem with
a video input card running a brand new chipset; got video but no sound.
I also had a DVD burner that wouldn't be recognized but now works.

These things are probably fixed now that I haven't verified are. I
haven't messed with my video and the sound controller was a POS anyway
so I went and got something decent and of course it was supported.
On-board sound is ****...

As far as printers...never seen one that didn't work. Doesn't mean
they don't exist. You used to have to be careful about what you
buy...not so much anymore. Most quality and economy hard ware works.
The cheap **** sometimes doesn't because nobody wants it anyway so
nobody bothers to write drivers for a while if ever. There are some
noted exceptions where hardware manufacturers refuse to play nice with
3rd party developers...Digi is one of them.

Ku Karlovsky

[Linux groups removed]

On 2 Jun 2005 12:56:44 -0700, "dbx_boy" wrote in
message s.com:

It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

It's certain some Audio users are trolling spammers.

Most HP printers work fine. Out of all the printers that do work...

Many printers also have a HP emulation mode where you can use the HP
drivers with the printer. Not a perfect solution but it will let you
print.

there is more than enough choice.

Mr. slacker.. I'm surprised to hear this coming from you. "More than
enough choice" doesn't cut it around here. It's "freedom of choice" and
if you want to use a 9-pin dot matrix printer from 1992 there had best
be some native linux drivers for it or heads are gonna roll. Anything
less is simply unacceptable. g

YouCanToo

andy wrote:
This may be a perfectly proper question in the linux forums but why are
you posting it in rec.audio.pro?

Because he is a troll!

P.K. Dick

7 wrote:

Now

I am very interested in learning about fractal robots. Can you be reached at
the following email address ?

TIA

Arkady Duntov

On Friday 03 June 2005 13:29, SSJVCmag
) wrote:

Can we get this stuff un-crossposted except to the linux folks?

Your wish is our command, cross-poster.