MOSFET

Default My Work: Update

Dad and Mom,

We haven't really had a feedback session liked we had talked about, but I
think it would be a good idea now. I have a couple of issues I want to
bring to your attention and then if there is any feedback you want to give
me you can.

Mom and I today had a discussion (Mom always thinks I am yelling at her when
this happens) today about my work that I want to bring to your attention. I
was filling out my hours on the calendar for Friday and Mom stated that it
should count as a half day only (despite the fact I was with Mom my entire
time). Her reasoning was that while in Stanwood (picking up a table and
chairs for her) and in Mt. Vernon (picking up the Loveseat) we stopped at
two places (one in Stanwood and one in Mt. Vernon) for business related to
me. Each stop was not more than 10 minutes each. She stated that because
we were doing stuff for me, this wasn't working. I told her that we
wouldn't have gone to Stanwood or Mt. Vernon if it hadn't had been for stuff
she needed doing. This is a bit like me taking a business trip to New York
and seeing a Broadway show and then having my company say that I have to pay
for the trip and my pay will be docked because I did something personal
while there.

The other issue is related. I get the impression that Mom feels like it is
my responsibility to make sure I accomplish a lot every day. While I try to
do the best I can at every job I do, AND I try to stay busy whenever
possible (this is why I clean your house when there is nothing apparent
right at the moment to do), some days Mom just kind of dotters around and
has me looking at things, moving furniture, shopping in Mt. Vernon, etc. and
not much gets accomplished. I believe sometimes Mom thinks it is my job to
KEEP HER on schedule. I just want to make it clear that while I'm not
saying that I should sit on my ass when there is no task assigned to me, it
is not my job to figure out how to get the most accomplished or WHAT tasks
will be done in any given day. Based on some things Mom has said, I think
she might feel different. My job is to get my ass to your house at 9:30 and
then do what you tell me to do.

As is ALWAYS the source of ANY problems we have, I believe this stems from
the fact I am your son and Mom's friend. The problem is that sometimes Mom
thinks I am at work, and then at other times Mom decides we are just
screwing around and I am not at work. Of course, the problem is as much as
I like spending time with Mom, the simple truth is that I wouldn't be there
(right at that moment) if I wasn't working for you two (I, of course, have a
life and have things I need to do as well).

We simply MUST come to an agreement that if I am with Mom from the hours of
9:30-4:30, then I am technically "at work".

All that being said, I do love working for you both and I do believe it has
been beneficial for both parties.

Sincerely,

Nick

MZ

Oops!

(done that before)

mightymouse68

Those of us that have gotten used to using Google Groups had to think
for a second about how something like this happens. Yikes! Good thing
it wasn't something really embarassing.

MOSFET

"mightymouse68" wrote in message
oups.com...
Those of us that have gotten used to using Google Groups had to think
for a second about how something like this happens.

Oh, it's good old OE. I am soooooo embarased.

Excuse me while I slit my throat.

MOSFET

MOSFET

"fred flinstone" wrote in message
Lol, Working for families is a whole diffrent dynamic isn't it?

Yes, it sure is. Sometimes it's really great, working together with your
family can add a whole new dimension of closeness. On the other hand, I
find that when my work is criticized, I take it so much more personally than
I would from a regular employer.

And in defense of myself (that message made me sound like a real loser) we
own a property management company (Tanner Propertise) and we own apartment
buildings, office buildings, and houses. Our offices are in my parent's
house. That message made me sound like the maid.

MOSFET

mightymouse68

Well, if your parents leave the business to you when they retire it
will make this a lot less embarassing for you won't it?

I used to to work with my wife and her dad. It was murder. I won't ever
work for family again.

BTW, by working do you mean posting messages here???

Dark1

"MOSFET" wrote in message
OH GOD, Please disregard!!!!

I will, but I saw you mentioned Mt. Vernon..
is that Mt. Vernon, Ohio?

MOSFET

"Dark1" wrote in message

"MOSFET" wrote in message
OH GOD, Please disregard!!!!

I will, but I saw you mentioned Mt. Vernon..
is that Mt. Vernon, Ohio?

No, Mt. Vernon, Washington state. I suppose there are a lot of Mt. Vernon's
in this country.

MOSFET

Really???? Are you going to do it? You are so bright on the topic of
electronics, but yet you can't figure out OE. Get the regular Outlook
as OE is for stupid dumb****s, like you, that don't know any better.

You might not whine so much if you get all that sand out of your
vagina. Look into it. Please don't send your daddy after me.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
Really???? Are you going to do it? You are so bright on the topic of
electronics, but yet you can't figure out OE. Get the regular Outlook
as OE is for stupid dumb****s, like you, that don't know any better.

You might not whine so much if you get all that sand out of your
vagina. Look into it. Please don't send your daddy after me.

Did I sleep with your wife in a previous life or something? What is it with
you?

MOSFET

joe.ker

"MOSFET" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Really???? Are you going to do it? You are so bright on the topic of
electronics, but yet you can't figure out OE. Get the regular Outlook
as OE is for stupid dumb****s, like you, that don't know any better.

You might not whine so much if you get all that sand out of your
vagina. Look into it. Please don't send your daddy after me.

Did I sleep with your wife in a previous life or something? What is it

with
you?

MOSFET

could be mmdir2002 using a different e-mail address, they both seem not to
like you for some reason...

MOSFET

"joe.ker" wrote in message

"MOSFET" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Really???? Are you going to do it? You are so bright on the topic of
electronics, but yet you can't figure out OE. Get the regular Outlook
as OE is for stupid dumb****s, like you, that don't know any better.

You might not whine so much if you get all that sand out of your
vagina. Look into it. Please don't send your daddy after me.

Did I sleep with your wife in a previous life or something? What is it

with
you?

MOSFET

could be mmdir2002 using a different e-mail address, they both seem not to
like you for some reason...

I thought about that. But they speak differently. Really differently.

I don't know. It's weird. I'm a nice guy, really!

MOSFET