MikeC

Default Having trouble choosing speakers.

As I've said in a couple other threads, I'm looking for speakers for my 2000
Silverado Ext. Cab. According to Crutchfield, anything from 5 1/4 to 6 3/4
inch speakers will fit. I don't really know where to find the most bang for
my buck, though. I have a spare 4 channel amp here so I want some speakers
that can handle some juice. Any suggestions?

MikeC wrote:
As I've said in a couple other threads, I'm looking for speakers for

my 2000
Silverado Ext. Cab. According to Crutchfield, anything from 5 1/4 to

6 3/4
inch speakers will fit. I don't really know where to find the most

bang for
my buck, though. I have a spare 4 channel amp here so I want some

speakers
that can handle some juice. Any suggestions?

I know it's difficult to chooose which to choose. I think you have to
try
demo speaker before you buy because most saleman want you to buy most
expensive one. It is not only the price matter the most but the type of
music you listen to. I've found out that not all speaker responding
same
way. Some speakers can't handle today's low bass type of music like
Hip-Hop. My speaker is lower one so it can't handle Hip-Hop but it
works well on 60's and
70's music. I mean you don't install big subwoofer just for listening
classical music. It's up to you to decide.

Sub_Lover

I just bought apair of 3-way Infinity 63.5i 6 3/4" round speakers. I
only paid 90.00. Polk and MB Quartz also make great speakers.

MZ

I mean you don't install big subwoofer just for listening
classical music.

Why not? Are the frequencies below 100Hz or so absent in classical music?
Or is it that you don't know what you're talking about? (my guess is the
latter)

MZ wrote:
I mean you don't install big subwoofer just for listening
classical music.

Why not? Are the frequencies below 100Hz or so absent in classical

music?
Or is it that you don't know what you're talking about? (my guess is

the
latter)

Why don't you try yourself? Adjust your amp to LPF and play classical
music and see if you can hear any of it.

MZ

Why not? Are the frequencies below 100Hz or so absent in classical
music?
Or is it that you don't know what you're talking about? (my guess is

the
latter)

Why don't you try yourself? Adjust your amp to LPF and play classical
music and see if you can hear any of it.

Yes, I've listened to classical music on my stereo system before, thanks.
It's some of the most difficult music to reproduce. And you can't do it
correctly without subs.

Sub_Lover

For many years I had great home systems but they were always missing
something. When I finally installed a sub it was like a revelation.
I finally had what was missing from my system. So in short I would
never have a system without a sub. In all honesty I was suprised on how
much bass my Polk Momo 6 x 9 speakers produce. However, I really have
to turn up my sytem to get any bass.

Chad Wahls

wrote in message
oups.com...

MZ wrote:
I mean you don't install big subwoofer just for listening
classical music.

Why not? Are the frequencies below 100Hz or so absent in classical

music?
Or is it that you don't know what you're talking about? (my guess is

the
latter)

Why don't you try yourself? Adjust your amp to LPF and play classical
music and see if you can hear any of it.

Contra bass overtones?

Tuba?

Look at piano fundamental in the lowest octave, better yet just WATCH the
bottom string.

Ever heard a properly primed concert bass drum?

Many ethno instruments do go WAY down there. Pick up a copy of Mickey
Hart's, Planet Drum. Prepare to be moved.

Chad