Colin

Default Cue Points Don't Appear on CD

I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file, and then I can insert cue
points to split the tracks. Yet then when I load up my CD burning
software to record the file, it only ever burns as one big file, the
cue points dont come acrosss.
any ideas ? I'm struggling with it

COL
Scott Dorsey

Colin wrote:
I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file, and then I can insert cue
points to split the tracks. Yet then when I load up my CD burning
software to record the file, it only ever burns as one big file, the
cue points dont come acrosss.

Strange, I never had this problem with my Ampex.

any ideas ? I'm struggling with it

Since you don't mention what kind of computer you are using, what
application you are using to edit the file, and what application you
are using to burn the disc, or if there is anything you are doing to
copy an EDL from one application to the other (if indeed you are using
more than one application), it's kind of hard to suggest anything.
You are using a computer, right?

Arny Krueger

"Colin" wrote in message
om
I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file, and then I can insert cue
points to split the tracks. Yet then when I load up my CD burning
software to record the file, it only ever burns as one big file, the
cue points dont come acrosss.
any ideas ? I'm struggling with it

This question was just answered one of the Adobe Audition forums. Some
burning software doesn't support cue lists, but Nero does. However, Nero
appears to demand that the cue list be in a separate file from the .wav
file. This is of course inconvenient beause it'svery nice to have all the
information in one file. The .wav file format and programs like Adobe Audion
support creation and management of .wav files that contain cue list
information.

Fortunately, there is a little program that mediates this interfacing
problem with Nero. It's called CueListTool and its a freebie. CueListTool
separates out a cuelist file that apparently Nero will accept and do the
right thing with.

http://www.stefanbion.de/cueltool/index_e.htm

I haven't experimented with this because CoolEdiit 2.1's CD writer plug-in
supports cue lists that are embedded in .wav files. I hope that Adobe
supports it soon.

Max Arwood

CD's have Track Marks and SubIndexes. Track marks are what is on most music
CD's. Many CD players do not even support Cue or SubIndexes. These are
mostly used on Radio Station Commercials CD's with parts of the donuts
marked with track and others marked with subindexes.
Max Arwood

"Colin" wrote in message
om...
I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file, and then I can insert cue
points to split the tracks. Yet then when I load up my CD burning
software to record the file, it only ever burns as one big file, the
cue points dont come acrosss.
any ideas ? I'm struggling with it

COL

Geoff Wood

Max Arwood wrote:
CD's have Track Marks and SubIndexes. Track marks are what is on
most music CD's. Many CD players do not even support Cue or
SubIndexes. These are mostly used on Radio Station Commercials CD's
with parts of the donuts marked with track and others marked with
subindexes.

Tracks and Indexes. Classical music often has indexes implemented on
different sections of a piece (or should).

In CDA you place the cursor and hit "T" for a track marker, or "I" for an
Index marker, or on-the-fly while playing.

geoff

Arny Krueger

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

Max Arwood wrote:

CD's have Track Marks and SubIndexes. Track marks are what is on
most music CD's. Many CD players do not even support Cue or
SubIndexes. These are mostly used on Radio Station Commercials CD's
with parts of the donuts marked with track and others marked with
subindexes.

Tracks and Indexes. Classical music often has indexes implemented on
different sections of a piece (or should).

In CDA you place the cursor and hit "T" for a track marker, or "I"
for an Index marker, or on-the-fly while playing.

Adobe Audition/CE works in a similar manner. It supports three kinds of
markers:

Cue list element
CD Track marker (also a cue list element)
CD Index marker (also a cue list element)

You can change the type of a marker and edit it's properties once it is
established.

Cue list elements from individual track .wav files are visible in multitrack
view. The mixdown file inherits markers from the .wav files that it is
composed of.

hank alrich

Mike Rivers wrote:

I'm sure several people who believe it's possible that he knows what
he's talking about will tell me that I could be wrong and shouldn't
make assumptions.

Colin had written:

I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file

Methinks confusion reigneth.

--
ha
Geoff Wood

hank alrich wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

I'm sure several people who believe it's possible that he knows what
he's talking about will tell me that I could be wrong and shouldn't
make assumptions.

Colin had written:

I am having a problem with burning CD's.

I can record a tape as a large wav file

Methinks confusion reigneth.

So let's unconfuse.

Track Markers are what indicate the track numbers on CD.

Index Markers are additional positional markers that can point to parts
within that track, and are accessed (if encoded) by the 'Index" buttons on a
CD player , if implemented there).

geoff