Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roko Roko is offline
Junior Member

Question HiFi Speakers to Computer

Hi all,

I'm new here, and for starters I have a really noobish question:

Why exactly is it impossible to connect HiFi Speakers to a computer (except because of the fact that they don't have a mini-jack plug (at least mine don't) )?

I know it's possible to connect a computer to a HiFi system (by plugging it into "Line In"/"AUX"), but I would like to be able to do it without the Hi-Fi system, only with the speakers.

I guess what I really want to know is what kind of a 'converter' is there inside the Hi-Fi system..? Does it modify the signal from the computer, or is it merely a small circuit just adapting the amperage/voltage/impedance/whatever..?

Thanks in advance

HiFi vs. Computer calmar Tech 137 June 22nd 05 03:51 AM
HiFi speakers Laurence Payne Pro Audio 0 August 17th 04 09:51 AM
HiFi speakers David Gross Tech 14 August 16th 04 04:03 AM
HiFi Speakers Raymond Pro Audio 0 August 3rd 04 09:02 AM
External RCA leads from Computer to HiFi D Shadford General 0 July 1st 03 09:34 AM