Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default organic electrolytics in audio equipment?

"Mr.T" wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

My daughter is also quite satisfied with the performance of her (5
year old) Pentium 4 (Northwood) 3.0 GHz.

Sure, more than adequate for many people. Lot's of people are using *far*
less.

Not that long ago I was using a P3 600 MHZ on W98SE but it had 512M of RAM
(tons by those standards) and a seperate swap file drive. Not slow.

New faster CPUs together with oodles of memoery are ONLY needed for ever more
energy sapping OSs. The OS should have to have an 'Energy Star' like rating.

First PC I used had 64k of 8 bit RAM *shared* between OS, program and GPU. It
was good enough for the computer graphics of the day.

Graham