Steven Sullivan

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

In alt.home-theater.misc badger cferriola@1remove numbers2triad.rr.com wrote:
you missed the point. Let's drop it!
Clay

LOL. Believers...you can't take them *anywhere*.

--
-S.

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:21:47 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

The right wing Christians would screem for him to be pulled off of
the shelves because he was gay.

Since so many non-Christians would do the identical same thing, the
inclusion of the word "Christian" is obviously gratuitous.

Nope.

OSAF.

It appearance speaks to Weil's desire to deceive others, and
demonize a word that scares him to death.

Absolutely not.

Saying you're right doesn't make you right, Weil.

I was simply commenting on the the way right-wing
Christians demonize certain authors.

Since so many non-Christians would do the identical same thing, the
inclusion of the word "Christian" is obviously gratuitous.

Since so many liberals would do the identical same thing, the inclusion of
the phrase "righ-wing" is obviously gratuitous.

It would appear that in Weil's little world there are no homophobes who are
liberal or atheistic or agnostic. Typical of his narrow view, deceptively
expressed.

If you'd like, we can talk about all of the books like To Kill a
Mockingbird that the *left* has tried to get pulled from library
shelves.

Yawn.

Oh wait, I probably can't...

Yawn.

I *will* note however, that's it's possible that there has been 1 out
of a million right wing people trying to ban books that has been
Jewish.

Yawn.

But all of this is mountain out of a molehill stuff. As usual, you
simply want to pick nits with everything I say.

I said it was blatantly wrong and deceptive. That's hardly a nit!

It was a joking reply

The final lamer-than-lame deception from Weil - He wasn't wrong, he was just
telling a joke.
to a comment that was made, and you want to take it literally.

Arny Krueger

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In alt.home-theater.misc Arny Krueger wrote:
"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In alt.home-theater.misc Arny Krueger wrote:

"Andrew M." wrote in message

Maybe you didn't say it but someone did.

Speaks to your vague connection with reality, Andrew.

Any reference to Jesus is a
reference to that work of fiction called the bible...Go tout it
somewhere else.

Shows your bigotry and hysterical state of mind, Andrew. People
mention various written works of opinion, fact, theory, poetry,
stories, prognostication, you name it; all the time and as a rule
nobody goes ballistic.

OTOH if someone should be so brave as to mention the Bible in
public, it's not uncommon for some pathetic hysterical
Christian-hating bigot to fly off the handle and say all sorts of
crazy things. I suggest Andrew that you recognize that at the very
least the Bible is just another written work of opinion, fact,
theory, poetry, stories, prognostication, you name it, and get on
with the rest of your life.

It is, however a written work which has has, from some poitns of
view, a vastly inordinate amount of
influence over many people's lives, including those who would rather
not be influenced by it at all. And this has gone on for centuries.

Blame the Book for how people perceive it.

I blame both the writers and the people who dote on it.

Hence the rancor.

Hence the attempt to ban the Book.

I don't see much danger of that. It should certianly be kept out
of science classes, though.

Personally I prefer Moby Dick to the Bible.

Your privilege.

God bless America.

I'd like to see more Melville refs and less references to Bibles
and Jesus and such, generally.

You could be less transparent about wanting to impose your
preferences on me.

I could, but why should believers have a monopoly on that?

WHAT WOULD ISHMAEL DO?

Which Ishmael?

The better-written one.

Whatever that means.

Arny Krueger

"Rob Adelman" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

History is replete with a massive number of Christians who have
killed others for their beliefs.

No group has a monopoly on that one..

Exactly.

Arny Krueger

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In alt.home-theater.misc Robert L. Bass
wrote:

"Blaring' is by definition annoying, whether it comes
from passing automobiles with their subwoofers
cranked, or from passing believers with their faith
cranked. It's most considerate of others to keep it to
yourself in both cases, rather than blaring.

Interesting. I made an 8-word side comment within an on-topic post
in the middle of a thread about Yamaha and Denon receivers.

Yeah, why was that?

Several other folks
got very nasty in their responses, posted insults and flames. Yet
you worry that whether my comment about my personal beliefs might
offend someone else's sensibilities.

So, you blared, and others blared back telling you to shut up.

What did he say, eight words? How many words were in just the first stinging
reprisal from Andrew?

Here, you count them:

"Andrew M." wrote in message

"I am just responding to the ridiculous JESUS reference made here. Go
thump your bible in the bible thumping forum. There are many people here
that are not christian who find your remarks offensive."

That tends to happen after blaring.

Blaring is often in the ears of the beholder.

Like I said, best to keep it to yourself.

Likewise with attempts to shout people down when they make offhand comments
relating to their other, non-audio beliefs.

William Sommerwerck

Tell that to Jesus's disciples and their followers. The healing ministry
of the Christian church continued for about 300 years, until Christianity
was absorbed by the Roman empire as the state religion.

You missed the point. Christians don't heal people. We pray and God
(sometimes) heals them. If we could heal without His help there would be
no sickness or death in the world and everyone would be starving, not to
mention stepping on each other's toes.

The healing ministry of the Church did not stop with its adoption as the
state religion of Rome. People are still being healed today.

You mean those guys on TV who get the audience members so excited they collapse
on the stage?

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

However, Arnold's anger knows no bounds.

LOL!

Weil, its such a treat when the fish say: No, we're not caught on your hook,
we just keep jumping out of the water and into your boat because it feels so
good.

ROTFLMAO!

Andrew M.

And Robert MUST have the last word....jesus is not my lord, nor the lord
of about 2/3 of the planet. You are using your faith as a reason to be
an idiot.

Robert L. Bass wrote:

I suspect he would not have made an audacious
statement such as "Jesus is an absolute truth"

Actually, that is not what I said. However, what I did say is only
audacious if it's not true. If I'm right you have a desparate need in your
life. If I'm worng you may or may not have a desparate need in your life.

It's not that I don't like Christians or Christian
ideals, but I don't like those that try to presuppose
that their ideas are absolute truths...
which by fiat makes others ideas absolute
untruths (regarding religion, or lack thereof)

Naah. There is a lot of value in most religions and belief systems. I've
been enjoying the book, "The Alchemist," by Paulo Coelho over the past few
days. The protagonist is Christian but as he travels through the book's
journey he learns much of value from people of diverse faiths.

I have many Orthodox Jewish clients whose lifestyle and faith is very
different from mine. Yet I have learned much about life and relationships
from some of them.

now maybe you will realize why you have
been roundly criticized for your statement.

As this is a text medium I hadn't noticed your rotundity. Criticism is part
of USENET. I've been more severely criticized for refusing to attack Arny
than for off-handedly mentioning that Jesus is Lord (which He is).

Andrew M.

Robert L. Bass wrote:

Tell that to Jesus's disciples and their followers. The healing ministry

of the

Christian church continued for about 300 years, until Christianity was

absorbed

by the Roman empire as the state religion.

You missed the point. Christians don't heal people. We pray and God
(sometimes) heals them. If we could heal without His help there would be no
sickness or death in the world and everyone would be starving, not to
mention stepping on each other's toes.

The healing ministry of the Church did not stop with its adoption as the
state religion of Rome. People are still being healed today.

Prove it....that is such a scam. If there was an validity to this
healing thing some scientist somewhere on the planet would have
acknowledged this. It would be well documented by some OBJECTIVE person.

Andrew M.

You are truly fooling yourself if you think that your pompous,
evangelical way of dealing with things is respectful to anyone.

Robert L. Bass wrote:

I only stated what I have seen so far.

Look up "testimony" in the dictionary, fool.

Hmm. Because I refuse to get involved in your personal war with Arny you
say I'm a fool. YUou're not doing much to convince me that you're his
victim.

If you are aware of other things which I have not seen that's not my

problem.

Like I said before, you make your bed, and
then you lie in it.

What a strange choice of trite sayings. I guess it seemed brilliant to you
when you wrote it though. :^)

You're pretty dim, really you are.

Perhaps. Then again, perhaps I'm just not interested in your little
vendetta.

When I saw your Kroogeresque responses to my
earlier attempt to show why your blowhard
proselytizing was obnoxious, I should have realized
it's hopeless to try and separate your from your
fantasy world.

Seems to me you've taken offense at comments about your alleged fantasies.
I should think you would choose your words more carefully.

Anyway, friend, I've nothing personal against you, Dave or Arny so far.
You've apparently divided your world into those who are pro-Arny and those
who are anti-Arny. In so doing you miss any opportunity for constructive
discussion with at least half (probably more) of the folks who visit these
newsgroups. Arny hasn't done that (at least not where I've seen it) so I'll
probably just go along on my dimwitted, stupid, foolish way treating him
with respect.

Regards,
Robert

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:29:56 -0400, "Robert L. Bass"
wrote:

I really can't say. I've only seen him post about
audio and in that regard he's knowledgeable and
seems fair minded enough.

You really think that the things that he's been posting
about me are 'fair-minded"?

I saw a few comments about you supposedly posting "pedophile
fantasies"

No, I don't think he has accused me of that.

That's because Weil is a little more subtle than the guys like Middius,
Singh, Graham, and Phillips who blatantly post their pedophile fantasies
here. He's kinda tries to tail gate on them. He makes vaguer references to
the same issue, ones that he hopes I'll recognize and react to.

Wanna see some pedophile fantasies?

Here's just one example of many (100's perhaps now 1,000s)

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=37....freeserve.net

I currently refer to this author as "Graham".

but
didn't find the original reference. Unless I see such a post I give
no credence to the claim. That's a two-way street though. You can
say he's voile and disgusting but unless I see proof that he is such
I will go on my own (limited) observation. So far he's OK in my
book (no, not *that* book).

Oh wait - maybe you're only reading this on one
of the groups *not* rec.audio.opinion.

It looks like the two of you have had an ongoing war of words for a
while.

Absolutely.

It's an old game. Weil says something ignorant and/or stupid. I back him
into a corner. He either slinks off or gets vicious.

I'd suggest you taking a meander over there and see
the things he's been writing about me.

I see both of you posting unpleasantness about each other.

Absolutely.

Weil is a sore loser. If he took my comments to heart he'd learn something,
but he apparently think he knows it all.

If you want to know the truth about Mr. Krueger,
you'll have to go there to see his true nature.

Nobody's perfect (with One notable exception). I'm no angel either.
If someone provokes me long enough I can get pretty nasty too. I'm
not about to go on an archeological expedition looking for who
started what. Arny can get angry at times and so, apparently, can
you. None of that has much to do with Yamaha, Denon, Jesus or me.

Agreed.

Actually, I've already pushed Weil into his incredible, edible denial act on
the grounds that he's doing his well-known: Only right wingers and
Christians are homophobes, act.

However, Arnold's anger knows no bounds.

My anger surely does know bounds. Pick some well-known profane words and
search google for the number of times Weil has originated and used them on
me and others as compared to vice-versa. On occasion I quote some nasty
words just because editing them out is lots of work. In contrast, Weil is a
massive originator of them.

Look at it this way: RAO idiots who are Weil's friends repeatedly brag about
turning me into my local and State police departments and suing me in court.
Weil brags about his conspiracies with them. I just laugh at them.

Still, if you're going to make statements like "I've only seen him
post about audio and in that regard he's knowledgeable and seems fair
minded enough", you really *should* do your homework. 90% of the posts
that he makes on RAO are non-audio personal attack posts. Yes, 90% is
just a ballpark figure.

It's also a lie. I ignore a very high proportion of the personal attacks
made on me. I edit out massive amounts of personal attacks to keep technical
discussions going. Were there no personal attacks on me there would be no
need for me to respond.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
I have
also experimented with some of the things Jesus said and found them to be
reliable and repeatable.

You have no idea what Jesus might have said. All you
have read is what someone else said that Jesus said,
and you are not reading it in the same language as it
was written. Have you ecery seen the Movie "History
of the World, Part One"? Remember the scene about the
Fifiteen Commandments?

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
Jesus never sounded as good to me as a Yamaha.

Ah, but you've never heard His voice.

Nor have you.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
Not an accurate statement. A better one would be
if you can heal you may be a Christian.

Christians don't heal people. That responsibility falls to Someone else.

Your local physician

Sockpuppet Yustabe

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

History is replete with a massive number of Christians who have
killed others for their beliefs.

No group has a monopoly on that one..

Exactly.

Yes, they are no better, no more holy, and no more connected to
any supreme being than anyone else.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

It's also a lie. I ignore a very high proportion of the personal attacks
made on me. I edit out massive amounts of personal attacks to keep

technical
discussions going. Were there no personal attacks on me there would be no
need for me to respond.

Congatulations!

That is one of your biggest whoppers yet.

badger

You're very bright aren't you.
Clay

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
"Andrew M." wrote in message
Just because the bible says it doesn't mean that you have to dangle it
in my face.

badger wrote:

Just for the record.... In the bible, It says that Jesus spoke to people
everywhere and all the time.

It also says that person were to follow in his footsteps and preach and
teach everywhere.

Therefore, If Christians believe the Bible, then they have no choice but

speak of it everywhere and all the time.

Now let's drop it guys. Let's not make it a religious forum, but let's

not
get carried away trying to force non religious views either.
Clay

badger

Good, can we drop this now?
Clay

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Robert L. Bass said:

Sorry, but things are not that cut and dry. I'm not acting as

anyone's
advocate. I stated what I have seen.

Your testimony was so far from the truth -- the actual, objective,
verifiable truth -- that you came off as a propagandist.

Testimony? This *isn't* a court room. I only stated what I have seen

so
far.

Look up "testimony" in the dictionary, fool.

If you are aware of other things which I have not seen that's not my

problem.

Like I said before, you make your bed, and then you lie in it.

But at least now you know why the rest of think
you're either an idiot or Kroo-tool.

Well, I've been called an idiot before. I guess it won't hurt too much

if
you think so, too. Calling me an idiot won't make you seem any brighter
though.

You're pretty dim, really you are. When I saw your Kroogeresque
proselytizing was obnoxious, I should have realized it's hopeless to
try and separate your from your fantasy world.

Arny Krueger

"Andrew M." wrote in message

Hey Arny and Robert, jesus called and asked me (politely I might add)
to please ask you to stop thumping your bibles. He is trying to enjoy
his new Steely Dan CD.

Bad theology. If God is omnipotent and omnipresent, either nothing is new or
everything is new to him. Your statement makes no sense, either way.

Arny Krueger

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

Tell that to Jesus's disciples and their followers. The healing
ministry of the Christian church continued for about 300 years,
until Christianity was absorbed by the Roman empire as the state
religion.

You missed the point. Christians don't heal people. We pray and God
(sometimes) heals them. If we could heal without His help there
would be no sickness or death in the world and everyone would be
starving, not to mention stepping on each other's toes.

The healing ministry of the Church did not stop with its adoption as
the state religion of Rome. People are still being healed today.

You mean those guys on TV who get the audience members so excited
they collapse on the stage?

I'm pretty sure that isn't what Bass meant.

But since you brought that side-show pseudo-Christianity stuff up
Sommerwerck, ain't it gross?

Yecch!

I think there are 3 *Christian* channels on my cable system, but I've never
watched any of them for more than a few seconds without getting grossed-out.

Used Yamaha receiver EBG General 4 June 22nd 04 07:41 PM
Denon AVR-2803 or Yamaha RX-V1400 Eddie E Audio Opinions 0 December 27th 03 10:36 PM
Question regarding "tone defeat" button on Denon receiver RobH Audio Opinions 0 November 8th 03 01:51 PM
Denon vs Yamaha receiver Jason Wong Audio Opinions 514 October 29th 03 07:53 AM
What brand of low end receiver to go with (Yamaha, Sony, etc) MarkW General 1 September 15th 03 12:10 PM