Arny Krueger

Default Denon vs Yamaha receiver

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I almost always leave Weil's last comment hanging. Discussing
anything with him has no lasting consequences on him because
he has proven himself to be unteachable.

People who live in glass houses...

....are sometimes named Sommerwerck.

As a college drop-out, he's effectively admitted that fact himself.

Edwin Land and Bill Gates both dropped out of college, and we know how
insufferably stupid they both were.

Obviously they were still trainable. At age 50, had Land or Gates spent the
previous decade doing nothing but waiting on tables in a cheap bar? That's
the story of Weil's life.

Anyone who accuses other people of being unteachable, and thinks that

going to
college is necessarily to best way to acquire an education, is not someone

you
can have much intellectual respect for.

Anyone who extracts one tiny comment from a long-running argument and tries
to make an ass out of himself with it, can generally be expected to succeed.

Robert L. Bass

After further discussion I don't think he Godwinized the thread.

Think as you will, but I think you should have stuck to your claim when

you
were still correct.

Which one. I still have no problem with your participation (not that it
would matter even if I did). You post lots of stuff about audio which is of
interest to me. Much of the time we seem to agree about audio stuff. If
you and Dave have a dispute that's between you and him. The fellow named
"Middius" is filtered since I couldn't find anything he wrote that interests
me and I did find lots he wrote that was offensive.

When I said I had not seen you posting anything offensive I meant it. When
I declined to go on a witch hunt against you (or Dave or the other fellow,
for that matter) I also meant it. Frankly, if you have some issue with Dave
I don't really care. I think you're a likeable person and you seem to use
common sense about audio. Unsubstantiated claims by someone else that
you're the "Root of All Evil" or whatever else someone wants to say don't
mean squat to me. If you treat me with courtesy I figure your courteous.
End of story.

Nonetheless, it's degenerated at this point to where it's serving no

real
purpose (just my opinion). What say?

I almost always leave Weil's last comment hanging.

Sounds like a plan.

Discussing anything with him has no lasting consequences on
him because he has proven himself to be unteachable. As a
college drop-out, he's effectively admitted that fact himself.

Hmm. I never finished college either. That didn't mean I'm unteachable --
just stubborn and easily bored with... well, boring stuff. :^)

What to say about a person whose proud of his "career", which is
aiding and abetting the sale of a legal but dangerous mind-altering
substance?

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please explain.

Arny Krueger

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

I almost always leave Weil's last comment hanging.

Sounds like a plan.

Roger!

Robert L. Bass

Sounds like a plan.

Roger!

James! :^)

local

I also think Denon only made analog amplifier before.

10 years ago, my friend setup his home theater.
He chose Yamaha DSP-A1 instead of Denon
because Yamaha provide many features e.g. church effect.

However, Denon was only a selector of TV, CD player, ...

"George M. Middius" ???
???...

Willie Sommerdork said:

First of all, I don't believe Denon was selling professional PCM

recorders to
anyone, anywhere in 1973 (TICBW).

"1971: LEF Denon demonstrates 18-bit PCM stereo recording using a
helical-scan video recorder."
http://www.lovesphere.org/mosr/timetable.shtml

"1972: Developed the world's first PCM digital recorder for regular
studio use, thus launching the digital audio revolution. Commenced
sales of PCM records."
http://www.usa.denon.com/info/history.asp

I think you need to go verbally trash another sales rep.

Robert L. Bass

I do a lot of work for charity, but I don't like to talk about it.

You just did. Note that I only mentioned my role in context of talking
about what others did. The post was intended to be more about them than me.
Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Robert L. Bass

And based on this one medical opinion, your
whole family turned to Jesus?

Not quite. I had already made that decision some time before. So had
several others. Some did make a decision for Christ after that but I doubt
my brother's miracle was the sole factor. It sometimes takes a lifetime to
make such a decision.

Robert L. Bass

Do you agree that "Islam is a very evil and wicked religion"?

Nope. It is simply not my faith. I have a strong enough confidence in my
own beliefs that I don't find it necessary to put down the beliefs of
others.

In short, I am absolutely convinced of the validity of what I believe. I'm
not so self-assured as to deny others the right to be equally certain of
their own beliefs. As long as your religious freedom doesn't involve you
whacking me on the head I've no problem woth you disagreeing with me.

I'm sure enough that I'm right to try to base my own life on what I believe
but not so adamant as to deny you're right to think I'm wrong. Besides,
even if the core of my beliefs is on the mark, I'm only human. Perhaps I
have one or another thing wrong. If I don't allow myself to consider your
ideas too I may miss something important.

Robert L. Bass

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please
explain.

Dave sells high quality wine at the restaurant
he works at.

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good quality I
could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Arny Krueger

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please
explain.

Dave sells high quality wine at the restaurant
he works at.

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good
quality I could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Don't hold your breath for an answer to this question. Weil guards the ID of
his alleged employer pretty tightly. It's probably within driving distance
of Nashville, but after that you're on your own and things will probably
stay that way forever.

dave weil

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:14:04 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please
explain.

Dave sells high quality wine at the restaurant
he works at.

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good
quality I could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Don't hold your breath for an answer to this question. Weil guards the ID of
his alleged employer pretty tightly. It's probably within driving distance
of Nashville, but after that you're on your own and things will probably
stay that way forever.

Yes I do. Do you have a problem with me protecting my fellow employees
from RAO?

I *will* say this much. It's not only within driving distance of
Nashville, it is *in* Nashville. In fact, it's within 6 miles of my
home, which is *also* in Nashville.

Arny Krueger

wrote:

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please
explain.

Dave sells high quality wine at the restaurant
he works at.

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good
quality I could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Don't hold your breath for an answer to this question. Weil guards
the ID of his alleged employer pretty tightly. It's probably within
driving distance of Nashville, but after that you're on your own and
things will probably stay that way forever.

Yes I do. Do you have a problem with me protecting my fellow employees
from RAO?

Thanks for admitting what a toxic wasteland you've made RAO into, Weil.

BTW, your paranoia is noted, Weil.

Exactly what do you think that RAO would do to your fellow employees? Eat
there?

LOL!

I *will* say this much. It's not only within driving distance of
Nashville, it is *in* Nashville. In fact, it's within 6 miles of my
home, which is *also* in Nashville.

Are you bragging or complaining, Weil?

dave weil

wrote:

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Please
explain.

Dave sells high quality wine at the restaurant
he works at.

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good
quality I could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Don't hold your breath for an answer to this question. Weil guards
the ID of his alleged employer pretty tightly. It's probably within
driving distance of Nashville, but after that you're on your own and
things will probably stay that way forever.

Yes I do. Do you have a problem with me protecting my fellow employees
from RAO?

Thanks for admitting what a toxic wasteland you've made RAO into, Weil.

I've never denied that RAO isn't the most benign place. In fact, I
hold you primarily responsible for that very fact.

BTW, your paranoia is noted, Weil.

You know what they say about paranoia...

Exactly what do you think that RAO would do to your fellow employees? Eat
there?

No, do things like make phony phone reservations, for instance. I seem
to remember someone sending flowers to someone's workplace. So, people
are even willing to spend good money to "get back" at people here.

BTW, if someone sent me flowers, people wouldn't find it odd, as I
actually supply some of the flower arrangements there from my own
garden.

LOL!

I *will* say this much. It's not only within driving distance of
Nashville, it is *in* Nashville. In fact, it's within 6 miles of my
home, which is *also* in Nashville.

Are you bragging or complaining, Weil?

Bragging, I guess. Nashville *is* considered one of the more desirable
places to live in America. Heck, even Donna Summer lives here g.

Robert L. Bass

Oh. What is the address. I don't drink much but if it's good
quality I could be persuaded to order a glass with dinner. :^)

Don't hold your breath for an answer to this question. Weil
guards the ID of his alleged employer pretty tightly. It's
probably within driving distance of Nashville, but after that
you're on your own and things will probably stay that way
forever.

I was only being facetious, Arny.

Robert L. Bass

Apparently non-believers go to hell, so you would
think He (She) would making Himself (Herself)
known...

Correct. He (being omnipotent) could decide to use those who believe to
spread the message, too. He could even say something like: "Go therefore
and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father
and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I
have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Langis" wrote in message
"Robert L. Bass" wrote:

Apparently non-believers go to hell, so you would think He (She) would
making Himself (Herself) known, rather than keeping us all in suspense
by dancing in the shadows. To put it another way, it's bollox.

I asked specific questions about the status of deceased non-believers, and
he still has not answered the questions.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

I asked specific questions about the status of deceased non-believers,

and
he still has not answered the questions.

You'd think he'd have some "facts" about that too.

Maybe he's been there.

Robert L. Bass

I asked specific questions about the status of
deceased non-believers, and he still has not
answered the questions.

Sorry, I must have overlooked that post. Deceased non-believers who never
did anything wrong in their lives are in heaven. Others may be located
elsewhere.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
I asked specific questions about the status of
deceased non-believers, and he still has not
answered the questions.

Sorry, I must have overlooked that post. Deceased non-believers who never
did anything wrong in their lives are in heaven. Others may be located
elsewhere.

Therefore, murderers who later accept Jesus as Savior
go to heaven, while nonbeleivers who littered the highways
burn in hell?

Robert L. Bass

Therefore, murderers who later accept Jesus as Savior
go to heaven, while nonbeleivers who littered the highways
burn in hell?

There's no mention of littering that I have found in Scripture. There is
mention of repentance though.

Arny Krueger

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

Therefore, murderers who later accept Jesus as Savior
go to heaven, while nonbeleivers who littered the highways
burn in hell?

There's no mention of littering that I have found in Scripture.
There is mention of repentance though.

Nice answer, especially given that you're talking to a guy who desperately
wants to avoid taking *any* responsibility for his actions.

Robert L. Bass

Nice answer, especially given that you're talking to a guy
who desperately wants to avoid taking *any* responsibility
for his actions.

I've found that to be a fairly common problem. Listen to the argument over
almost any traffic accident. Everyone insists it was the other guy's fault.
Sit in a court room some day as I recently did (as a witness) in a DUI case.
Every defendant has a story to tell that explains his actions or denies them
entirely. Of course, some are truly innocent -- but all?!?

It's the same story in USENET flame wars. Everyone insists that the whole
thing is the other guy's fault. I disagree with something you or Dave says
so I make a snide comment. You take offense and crack right back. I don't
like your reply and the war is on. Sometimes the resulting flame fest lasts
for years, effectively destroying a newsgroup.

Imagine what would happen if everyone just said, "Look, I don't agree with
your ideas but I was wrong to call you a [fill in the blank]. I apologize
for my part of the problem." Those two simple words, "I'm sorry," seem to
be the hardest things for any of us (myself included) to say. Why is that?

No flame here, Arny. I agree with a lot of what you say about audio and I
suspect you're a likeable guy in person. I disagree with you about some of
the personal taunts -- not that they're unprovoked but that they're
counter-productive. I disagree with the others who flame you for the same
reasons. If you guys can ever decide to make peace (hint: requires
consumption of a significant portion of crow) it will be a good thing. In
the meantime I refuse to join the war.

Arny Krueger

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message

Nice answer, especially given that you're talking to a guy
who desperately wants to avoid taking *any* responsibility
for his actions.

I've found that to be a fairly common problem. Listen to the
argument over almost any traffic accident. Everyone insists it was
the other guy's fault. Sit in a court room some day as I recently did
(as a witness) in a DUI case. Every defendant has a story to tell
that explains his actions or denies them entirely. Of course, some
are truly innocent -- but all?!?

In RAO this argument is kinda flipped around. For years a number of people
have repeatedly claimed that I'm personally responsible for *everything*
that is wrong with RAO.

It's the same story in USENET flame wars. Everyone insists that the
whole thing is the other guy's fault.

I've already offered to share some blame, but that's not good enough for all
of the RAO trolls. They've said in so many words that they aren't going to
be happy until I not only abandon RAO, but also commit suicide right away.
Any number of specific means of suicide have been suggested any number of
times.

I disagree with something you
or Dave says so I make a snide comment.

Well, there are several forms of suicide comment, of course.

You take offense and crack right back.

Only when this gets repeated enough to irritate me.

I don't like your reply and the war is on. Sometimes
the resulting flame fest lasts for years, effectively destroying a
newsgroup.

Welcome to RAO!

Imagine what would happen if everyone just said, "Look, I don't agree
with your ideas but I was wrong to call you a [fill in the blank]. I
apologize for my part of the problem."

That's about as unlikely as things get on Usenet.

Those two simple words, "I'm
sorry," seem to be the hardest things for any of us (myself included)
to say. Why is that?

That's pretty well known to most of us I think.

No flame here, Arny. I agree with a lot of what you say about audio
and I suspect you're a likeable guy in person. I disagree with you
about some of the personal taunts -- not that they're unprovoked but
that they're counter-productive.

Sure its counter productive, that's the whole point. The history of RAO is
that maybe 5-6 years ago it was a wild and wooly place, but there were a
fair number of intelligent discussions of audio. At some point certain
people became dissatisfied with the direction things were going and decided
to do everything they could to force certain people away. Frankly I'm just
about the only person on their "hit list" that still stops by.

I disagree with the others who
flame you for the same reasons. If you guys can ever decide to make
peace (hint: requires consumption of a significant portion of crow)
it will be a good thing. In the meantime I refuse to join the war.

I think that staying clear of RAO is a good thing to do, particularly for
people who aren't yet involved in any of its long term disputes.

Scott Dorsey

Arny Krueger wrote:

I've already offered to share some blame, but that's not good enough for all
of the RAO trolls. They've said in so many words that they aren't going to
be happy until I not only abandon RAO, but also commit suicide right away.
Any number of specific means of suicide have been suggested any number of
times.

So, why do you persist in posting to RAO? Everyone else has abandoned it.
It's all flames. There's nothing coherent going on over there. All that
posting there has ever bought you (or anyone else) is grief. This being said,
I don't understand why you not only persist in posting there but continuing
to crosspost junk there into other audio groups.

Arny Krueger

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

I've already offered to share some blame, but that's not good enough
for all of the RAO trolls. They've said in so many words that they
aren't going to be happy until I not only abandon RAO, but also
commit suicide right away. Any number of specific means of suicide
have been suggested any number of times.

So, why do you persist in posting to RAO?

A fair question.

Some newbies stumble into it. I often try to help them find more productive
places when they become frustrated with it.

Everyone else has abandoned it.

Pretty much. I am among the few remaining who post there, and are interested
in audio.

It's all flames.

Some exceptions.

There's nothing coherent going on over there.

Precious little, yes.

All that posting there has ever bought you (or anyone
else) is grief.

Pretty close to the way things have been for the last few years. I guess I'm
too sentimental about the days when a lot of audio was discussed there.

This being said, I don't understand why you not only
persist in posting there but continuing to crosspost junk there into
other audio groups.

I try to seal off the crossposts. It's dirty work but someone probably has
to do it. I've done that to this particular thread any number of times, but
it keeps growing so many branches. After this post...

Used Yamaha receiver EBG General 4 June 22nd 04 07:41 PM
Denon AVR-2803 or Yamaha RX-V1400 Eddie E Audio Opinions 0 December 27th 03 10:36 PM
Question regarding "tone defeat" button on Denon receiver RobH Audio Opinions 0 November 8th 03 01:51 PM
Denon vs Yamaha receiver Jason Wong Audio Opinions 514 October 29th 03 07:53 AM
What brand of low end receiver to go with (Yamaha, Sony, etc) MarkW General 1 September 15th 03 12:10 PM