Branden

Default Best Single 10" Sub for a Jeep Wrangler

I have a install in mind but I don't know the best Single 10" sub for it.

I need the Best 10" Sub to work in a 1 Cubic Foot Box behind the backseat of
a Jeep Wrangler.
It will be forward firing into the back seat so the Excursion needs to be
fairly minimal from the Flush face of the sub.
If at all possible id also like to have a Fairly decent looking
Basket/Magnet as it will be seen as part of the install through Plexi.

Price isn't too much of a issue just as long as its reasonably priced.

If you need anymore info just ask and ill do my best to find the answer.

--
Thank You
Branden Nelsen

Onyi C. Ejiasa

If you have a good amount of AMP power to send to this sub, try an old
school JL Audio 10w3. Otherwise you can get some good overall sound out of a
JBL GT100 with less AMP power. Keep in mind that this always depends on the
type of music you listen to, and the amount of power you have to push the
subwoofer.

If money is not a issue, go with the 10w3.

Here are specs on the JBL GT100 (from Sounddomain.com)

a.. Size: 10 inch
a.. Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.75 cu.ft.
a.. Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.75 cu.ft.
a.. Free Air Usage: not recommended
a.. Sensitivity: 90 dB
a.. Frequency Response: 28-500 Hz
a.. Recommended RMS Power: 250W
a.. Peak Power Handling: 1000W
a.. Impedance: 4 ohms

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
[[[[[ Vote For My Install on Sounddomain ]]]]]
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/blaqaltima
Questions + Advice -
"Branden" wrote in message
I have a install in mind but I don't know the best Single 10" sub for it.

I need the Best 10" Sub to work in a 1 Cubic Foot Box behind the backseat

of
a Jeep Wrangler.
It will be forward firing into the back seat so the Excursion needs to be
fairly minimal from the Flush face of the sub.
If at all possible id also like to have a Fairly decent looking
Basket/Magnet as it will be seen as part of the install through Plexi.

Price isn't too much of a issue just as long as its reasonably priced.

If you need anymore info just ask and ill do my best to find the answer.

--
Thank You
Branden Nelsen

Branden

I will be getting a new Amp also was thinking of going with the Directed
600d for a single 10 setup.
I run a 1100d in my other car right now and like how they work, But im
always open for suggestions.
I listen to pretty much every Music Genre there is so looking for a all
around speaker.
I guess one of the main issues im concerned with is since its going to be in
a Wrangler I need a good
Sturdy sub that can stand up to the Elements (mainly if a little rain gets
on the Surround/Cone area)
I've looked abit at the Kicker Marines but im not sure exactly how they
sound and if ill like it or not.
A few of the suggestions from friends have been; Infinity Perfect 10, IDQ
10, and Audiobahn Pro
Compression Piston 10.

--
Thank You
Branden Nelsen

"Branden" wrote in message
I have a install in mind but I don't know the best Single 10" sub for

it.

I need the Best 10" Sub to work in a 1 Cubic Foot Box behind the

backseat
of
a Jeep Wrangler.
It will be forward firing into the back seat so the Excursion needs to

be
fairly minimal from the Flush face of the sub.
If at all possible id also like to have a Fairly decent looking
Basket/Magnet as it will be seen as part of the install through Plexi.

Price isn't too much of a issue just as long as its reasonably priced.

If you need anymore info just ask and ill do my best to find the answer.

--
Thank You
Branden Nelsen

Paul Hanley

I'd be far less concerned with the sub getting wet than I would with
the enclosure getting wet. I had an IDQ10 that was fantastic. I now
have an IDQ12 that seems equally as fantastic.

Paul Hanley

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:34:11 -0500, "Branden"
wrote:

I will be getting a new Amp also was thinking of going with the Directed
600d for a single 10 setup.
I run a 1100d in my other car right now and like how they work, But im
always open for suggestions.
I listen to pretty much every Music Genre there is so looking for a all
around speaker.
I guess one of the main issues im concerned with is since its going to be in
a Wrangler I need a good
Sturdy sub that can stand up to the Elements (mainly if a little rain gets
on the Surround/Cone area)
I've looked abit at the Kicker Marines but im not sure exactly how they
sound and if ill like it or not.
A few of the suggestions from friends have been; Infinity Perfect 10, IDQ
10, and Audiobahn Pro
Compression Piston 10.

Branden

Yeah ive been thinking of that also . I think in the final install im going
to completely silicon/waterproof it and then cover the whole box in Diamond
plate welded together, so no water can get to the box itself. The only thing
I didn't like about the IDQ is the Basket/Magnet it isn't very "Pretty" so
to say, as the final install will have that shown I was looking for a fairly
decent looking one.

Thank you everyone for the input so far and I hope to hear anymore ideas

--
Thank You
Branden Nelsen

news

wrote:

I will be getting a new Amp also was thinking of going with the Directed
600d for a single 10 setup.
I run a 1100d in my other car right now and like how they work, But im
always open for suggestions.
I listen to pretty much every Music Genre there is so looking for a all
around speaker.
I guess one of the main issues im concerned with is since its going to be

in
a Wrangler I need a good
Sturdy sub that can stand up to the Elements (mainly if a little rain

gets
on the Surround/Cone area)
I've looked abit at the Kicker Marines but im not sure exactly how they
sound and if ill like it or not.
A few of the suggestions from friends have been; Infinity Perfect 10, IDQ
10, and Audiobahn Pro
Compression Piston 10.

Paul Hanley

Are you installing a plexiglas window? Otherwise, I would disregard
its appearance. It makes up for it with performance. My apologies if
you've already described the box, I missed the beginning of this
thread.