Paul Vina

Default Correction

Stuck in Hawaii....You're kidding right. I'd kill to get to Hickham AFB.

Paul Vina

"Tha Ghee" wrote in message
"wicked1" wrote in message
or as my best friend is right now in the air force stuck in Korea and

after
that Guam.

yeah I know what you mean my friends are stuck in Hawaii, and then
Philippines.

TheBIessedDead

Stuck in Hawaii....You're kidding right. I'd kill to get to Hickham AFB.

Everyone I've ever known that went to live in Hawaii absolutely hated it. I'm
not sure why.

Nick

TheBIessedDead

Weird. You'd have a hard time reassigning me from there. Maybe they
always went to the "touristy" spots.

Well I've had 4 or 5 family members and friends move from here in Washington to
Hawaii, and it was the living there that they hated. I dunno... Wouldn't be my
cup of tea, as I'm pretty much an outdoorsy, cold weather kinda guy...But
still, it would be a blast for a couple years I'd think.

Nick
Tha Ghee

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Stuck in Hawaii....You're kidding right. I'd kill to get to Hickham AFB.

Paul Vina

the only problem is that Hawaii is so EXPENSIVE, it has to be one of the
most expensive states in the Union.

Tha Ghee

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
And the Air Force gives you a Cost Of Living Allownace to offset that.

Paul Vina

is it still enough to handle $25 at Lenny's and $1.85 for the cheap gas.

Paul Vina

Yep, and then some. The people staioned in Alaska make out like friggin'
bandits. I was all jazed because I was supposed to go to Elmendorf AFB
after tech school but they diverted me back to Beale AFB, where my wife is
stationed, since it was cheaper for them to just put me on a plane than to
move my whole family to Alaska. I was looking forward to it. I was going to
be in the missle shop AND they have a ski slope on base!

Paul Vina

"Tha Ghee" wrote in message
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
And the Air Force gives you a Cost Of Living Allownace to offset that.

Paul Vina

is it still enough to handle $25 at Lenny's and $1.85 for the cheap gas.

Tha Ghee

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Yep, and then some. The people staioned in Alaska make out like friggin'
bandits. I was all jazed because I was supposed to go to Elmendorf AFB
after tech school but they diverted me back to Beale AFB, where my wife is
stationed, since it was cheaper for them to just put me on a plane than to
move my whole family to Alaska. I was looking forward to it. I was going

be in the missle shop AND they have a ski slope on base!

Paul Vina

how do they make out so well??