ds

Default What is BUS input on my sony headunit?

Hello there...

quick question for the informed. I want to connect an iPOd to my soney
head unit so I pulled it out to take a look at the inputs. All it had
was a left and right channel BUS inputs and a round hole labled BUS
control (i think).

Is it possible to run just the cable form the ipod, split into 2 rca
jacks, and plug directly into the l-r BUS inputs?

i guess i need to know what a bus is, hehe.

TIA
KaeZoo

That's the audio input for a Sony CD or Minidisk changer.

On newer Sony head units this can also be used as an auxillary input. If an
"AUX" selection comes up when you push the "source" button, then you should
be able to plug the iPod right into the input.

If not, there might be an adapter available to convert the BUS input to
auxillary. Check with Sony.

"ds" wrote in message
m...
Hello there...

quick question for the informed. I want to connect an iPOd to my soney
head unit so I pulled it out to take a look at the inputs. All it had
was a left and right channel BUS inputs and a round hole labled BUS
control (i think).

Is it possible to run just the cable form the ipod, split into 2 rca
jacks, and plug directly into the l-r BUS inputs?

i guess i need to know what a bus is, hehe.

TIA

Steve Jenkins

More than likely, it's the audio part of the unilink input, and you'll
need an adapter like the XA300 to trick the radio into thinking that
what you're connecting is a CD changer. Here's additional info on the
XA300 - http://www.crutchfield.com/S-riA3s56...nfo&i=158XA300.

If you list the model # of your radio, I should be able to find out if
you need the adapter or not.

Steve
http://stevejenkins.us