EFFENDI

Default Optical Digital is it a standard or is it proprietary

skibum wrote:

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question. Can I
take the optical digital output from one band and run it into the
optical digital of another. I imagine that the audio component mighti
be standard, but any device control would be proprietary. Does anyone
have any firm knowledge about this?

Thanks,
Mark

Digital signals when using optical digital inputs/outputs are not
proprietary from brand to brand. They are compatible with any device
using optical digital as a connection. Most likely it is a Dolby Digital
or DTS signal. They are standard surround formats. Optical Digital can
carry regular stereo signal as well. It is a standard cable format.
Others like IP-Bus (Pioneer), or CE Net (Clarion), AI-Net (Alpine), etc.
are propietary formats, but optical digital is ABSOLUTELY, FOR CERTAIN,
MOST DEFINITELY not.
cyrus

In article ,
EFFENDI wrote:

Digital signals when using optical digital inputs/outputs are not
proprietary from brand to brand.

ADAT Lightpipe.

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

EFFENDI

cyrus wrote:
In article ,
EFFENDI wrote:

Digital signals when using optical digital inputs/outputs are not
proprietary from brand to brand.

ADAT Lightpipe.

We are talking car audio here. Obviously.

EFFENDI