Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] hciman77@gmail.com is offline

Default Fast Power Cables ?

Hello again,
there has been a lot of chat lately about Goldmund using bog
standard Pioneer boards and transports (and remotes) for their $12,000
CD player, this is interesting but what intrigues me more is one of
their press releases where they announce their FAST power cable.
Perhaps I am being ignorant, probably, but isnt the speed at which you
get electrons from the socket to the device round about 46% of the
speed of light assuming a passive conductor. If so how does Goldmund
get the electrons there faster and does it matter. Also given a 50/60
hz cycle does this make any sense at all ?

Puzzled of Philadelphia
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

François Yves Le Gal said:

they announce their FAST power cable.

Yeah, you can buy a Porsche much FASTer.

This remark gives some insight into the mystery of why Jerry Lewis is so
popular in France.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Walt Walt is offline

MiNe 109 wrote:

Who wants a slow power cord?

I do. In fact, I prefer mine to be stationary.

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

wrote in message
Hello again,
there has been a lot of chat lately about Goldmund using bog
standard Pioneer boards and transports (and remotes) for their $12,000
CD player, this is interesting but what intrigues me more is one of
their press releases where they announce their FAST power cable.
Perhaps I am being ignorant, probably, but isnt the speed at which you
get electrons from the socket to the device round about 46% of the
speed of light assuming a passive conductor. If so how does Goldmund
get the electrons there faster and does it matter. Also given a 50/60
hz cycle does this make any sense at all ?

**Of course not. You could, however, take them to task over this nonsense.
The one thing you DON'T want in a piece of hi fi equipment is any nasty high
frequency energy coming from the mains supply. IOW: ANYTHING other than
50Hz/60Hz sine wave is bad. What you really want is a SLOW mains cable (if
such a thing existed).

I'd complain to the company and tell that you want a slow mains cable, not a
fast one, as fast cables allow high frequency transients through. That
should send them scurrying.

Trevor Wilson

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

Hello again,
there has been a lot of chat lately about Goldmund
using bog standard Pioneer boards and transports (and
remotes) for their $12,000 CD player, this is interesting
but what intrigues me more is one of their press releases
where they announce their FAST power cable. Perhaps I am
being ignorant, probably, but isnt the speed at which you
get electrons from the socket to the device round about
46% of the speed of light assuming a passive conductor.

No, that's the speed of a wave in a conductor. Electron flow is much
slower.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/phy99092.htm

If so how does Goldmund get the electrons there faster
and does it matter.

Goldmund does not speed electrons nearly as much as they speed the flow of
your money into their bank accounts.

Also given a 50/60 hz cycle does this make any sense at all ?

Perhaps the most difficult to understand of all is how the power travels all
that way on conventional power wiring, and presumably has all this
propensity towards bad sound imposed on it, and then the last 6 feet of
Goldmund power cable makes it all better again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

" wrote:

but what intrigues me more is one of
their press releases where they announce their FAST power cable.
Perhaps I am being ignorant, probably, but isnt the speed at which you
get electrons from the socket to the device round about 46% of the
speed of light assuming a passive conductor.

NO, the electrons move much slower than that. They *vibrate* back and
forth in fact at 50/60Hz.

The *electric field* is what moves at some fraction of the speed of light.

Claims about 'fast' power cables are simply LIES and fraud.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 22, 4:19*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello again,
* * * *there has been a lot of chat lately about Goldmund
using bog standard Pioneer boards and transports (and
remotes) for their $12,000 CD player, this is interesting
but what intrigues me more is one of their press releases
where they announce theirFASTpowercable. Perhaps I am
being ignorant, probably, but isnt the speed at which you
get electrons from the socket to the device round about
46% of the speed of light assuming a passive conductor.

No, that's the speed of a wave in a conductor. *Electron flow is much
slower.

Thanks for the link

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/phy99092.htm

If so how does Goldmund get the electrons there faster
and does it matter.

Goldmund does not speed electrons nearly as much as they speed the flow of
your money into their bank accounts.

That is pretty funny

*Also given a 50/60 hz cycle does this make any sense at all ?

Perhaps the most difficult to understand of all is how thepowertravels all
that way on conventionalpowerwiring, and presumably has all this
propensity towards bad sound imposed on it, and then the last 6 feet of
Goldmundpowercablemakes it all better again.

That must be one of those zen things :-)