Posted to rec.audio.high-end
minor9th

Default SACD Player Recommendation

I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Michael

minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

I bought the Marantz SA11S for $1999. A little out of your range, but
definitely worth it! It plays SACD's superbly, but as important, it
plays Red Book CD's as good as it gets.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo

"minor9th" wrote in message
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

You can buy a brand new (but just discontinued) top-of-the-line Marantz 9500
on eBay or Audio Advisor (with full warranty) for $1500, versus the original
$2500 price. It is an excellent unit...the only significant upgrade to the
new 9600 is the inclusion of DVI output.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Braxus

I've looked into the Denon DVD 3910 which seems to be a decent unit. It goes
for about $1200 US.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
AL

minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

Just purchased a Marantz dv8400-dvd and sacd and dvd-a and etc
was lucky -the new model just came out and it was graded lower than
this---bought it as a deo and it is the Best sacd and other cd's--I
listen to it every night for about 2 hours with about a dozen
sacds-stereo and multichannel and also listen to older cd's--if you can
beat this sound I'll buy it AL

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
minor9th

Thanks. I found the SA SA 15S for $1500--I'll probably go for that. ( I
don't think my wife would allow anotehr $2000 purchase!)

I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either
the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

I bought the Marantz SA11S for $1999. A little out of your range, but
definitely worth it! It plays SACD's superbly, but as important, it plays
Red Book CD's as good as it gets.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Steven Sullivan

minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

For about $1500 you can get an AVR with ilink in and a
universal player with ilink out, eliminating bass management,
speaker distance, DSP etc issues.. That's what I'd do.
Actually that's what I already *did*.

--
-S
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." - James Madison (1788)
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Minh Tran-Le

Steven Sullivan wrote:
minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

For about $1500 you can get an AVR with ilink in and a
universal player with ilink out, eliminating bass management,
speaker distance, DSP etc issues.. That's what I'd do.
Actually that's what I already *did*.

But if the original poster really wanted SACD, and as it DRM protected
like DVD-Audio, there is only a few player that allow digital out on
SACD and DVD-Audio. I know that the Denon can do it, but I don't know if
any other manufacturer has gotten the license to do it.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo

"Minh Tran-Le" wrote in message
Steven Sullivan wrote:
minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either
the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

For about $1500 you can get an AVR with ilink in and a universal player
with ilink out, eliminating bass management,
speaker distance, DSP etc issues.. That's what I'd do.
Actually that's what I already *did*.

But if the original poster really wanted SACD, and as it DRM protected
like DVD-Audio, there is only a few player that allow digital out on SACD
and DVD-Audio. I know that the Denon can do it, but I don't know if any
other manufacturer has gotten the license to do it.

Actually the Sony XA 9000ES, the Marantz 9600, and the Onkyo 1000 all use
iLink, I believe. As well as the Denon. And perhaps also the new top-end
Pioneer.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson

On 6 Feb 2006 20:08:50 GMT, Minh Tran-Le wrote:

Steven Sullivan wrote:
minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

For about $1500 you can get an AVR with ilink in and a
universal player with ilink out, eliminating bass management,
speaker distance, DSP etc issues.. That's what I'd do.
Actually that's what I already *did*.

But if the original poster really wanted SACD, and as it DRM protected
like DVD-Audio, there is only a few player that allow digital out on
SACD and DVD-Audio. I know that the Denon can do it, but I don't know if
any other manufacturer has gotten the license to do it.

In addition to Denon via DenonLink, there are others using iLink for
SACD and DVD-A (Pioneer, Onkyo, Denon) and Accuphase (proprietary for
SACD). For DVD-A only, there's Meridian.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Steven Sullivan

Minh Tran-Le wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:
minor9th wrote:
I want to purchase a SACD player in the $1000-1500 range--any
recommendations? So far, Marantz looks like the best contender--either the
SA 15S1 or the SA 8260. Thanks in advance.

For about $1500 you can get an AVR with ilink in and a
universal player with ilink out, eliminating bass management,
speaker distance, DSP etc issues.. That's what I'd do.
Actually that's what I already *did*.

But if the original poster really wanted SACD, and as it DRM protected
like DVD-Audio, there is only a few player that allow digital out on
SACD and DVD-Audio. I know that the Denon can do it, but I don't know if
any other manufacturer has gotten the license to do it.

Pioneer has had license to pass SACD digitally via ilink for some years now,
well before Denon. I think they've put out three universal player with ilink
(47ai, 59avi, and 79avi). Yamaha now has an ilink uni-player too (S2500).