Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mxsmanic Mxsmanic is offline

Default When did you switch to CDs, and why?

I am generally not a pioneer when it comes to new technology. I prefer to let
someone else spend the big bucks and pay to get the bugs out of new gadgets.
However, one important exception I made was audio CDs. When they first came
out, they seemed to have so many advantages over phonograph records--and so
few disadvantages--that I was literally one of the first people in the city to
buy a CD player and a CD (Vivaldi, which I still have). It seemed like a
technology that just couldn't lose.

So, when did you first decide to switch to CD audio over phonograph records?
Or, if you'eve never switched, what made you stay with records? And if you've
always preferred some other technology (reel-to-reel tape, or whatever), why
did you/do you prefer it?

Lever Switch or Key Switch suppliers (UK) Ian Bell[_2_] Vacuum Tubes 15 February 24th 09 08:00 PM
AB switch with XLR I/O? jeffontheleft Pro Audio 4 January 20th 09 07:47 PM
Looking for this switch (Midas Venice solo switch) Eeyore Pro Audio 30 September 10th 08 12:24 PM
A/B switch DS Tech 8 April 10th 06 11:47 AM
Kill Switch Steve Car Audio 24 April 9th 06 12:06 AM