Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Plugins for D8b?

Hey,
Anyone know how to get unlock codes for the plugins on the D8b? Mackie
has of course stopped supporting it. They didn't have any answer last
time I spoke with them. Thanks.

Travis Romine
Sacklunch Recording

Posted to rec.audio.pro
singproinc

Come hang with the rest of the d8b'ers. We've got the answers:

http://forums.mackie.com/scripts/for...?ubb=forum&f=1

That's a very useful place to be; I believe many of the 3rd party plugs
are now unsupported by the 3rd parties, but there's still a lot
happening with the boards, and they are still being used worldwide. A
very friendly & helpful community of folks. Ask lots of questions, and
get lots of info.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

wrote:

Anyone know how to get unlock codes for the plugins on the D8b? Mackie
has of course stopped supporting it. They didn't have any answer last
time I spoke with them.

As I suppose you know, the d8b is no longer in production and support
is kind of limited. If you have a new boxed plug-in, it should have
come with a license number. You can go to the Mackie web site here
http://my.mackie.com/auth.asp, enter the number and the electronic
serial number of your console, and you'll get an unlock code. It's an
automatic process.

If you bought a "used" plug-in, you wasted your money. The plug-in is
registered to a specific console and it's not transferrable. There are
a couple of Acuma Labs plug-ins that they're still selling, but the
Dramer, Anteres, MDW, and TC reberb (which was hardly worth much
anyway) are no longer available.