Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Piano Module

Hi. I'm an amateur (hobbiest) electronic musician, and I am looking for
a budget piano MIDI module to add to my rack. Could anybody suggest an
accoustic piano synth suitable for progressive house/trance that won't
break the bank?

Thanks,

Andy

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John L Rice

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi. I'm an amateur (hobbiest) electronic musician, and I am looking for
a budget piano MIDI module to add to my rack. Could anybody suggest an
accoustic piano synth suitable for progressive house/trance that won't
break the bank?

Thanks,

Andy

hi Andy,

I think the Roland P-330 is a great piano synth. (does acoustic, Rhodes,
wurli, clavinet, harpsichord and vibes if I remember correctly). One of the
piano patches (44?) is really dynamic and expressive. Sure, if you were
doing a solo album for a major classical label of solo concert piano pieces
you might want something better but for rock/electronic stuff it's a
reliable and excellent sounding unit. Seems like used ones (it's out of
production) go for around $200 on EBay.

Best of luck.

John L Rice

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max Arwood

I second the Kurzweil Micro Piano.
Max Arwood

"Steve Hoover" wrote in message
that emu piano sounds crappy - IMHO - try to find a used Kurzweil
MicroPianio - much better sounds - again - IMHO

"ben" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Hi. I'm an amateur (hobbiest) electronic musician, and I am looking for
a budget piano MIDI module to add to my rack. Could anybody suggest an
accoustic piano synth suitable for progressive house/trance that won't
break the bank?

Thanks,

Andy

I don't know if ~$350 is in your 'budget' range, but the Ivory plug in
is great. I know it's not hardware for your rack, but it definitely
worth checking out.

Ben

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check the all out.