Eric

Default Adire Tumult discussion...

....I just received my Adire Audio Tumult. Its a BEAST alright... about
50 yes fifty pounds and its a 15. For those who dont know its
www.adireaudio.com . Anyway, I put it in a 3.0 cubic sonotube sealed
enclosure so far and I put it in my car. I know its made to be a home
driver based off the car sub Brahma. I put it in the back of my
Corvette running off a soundstream rubicon 1002 amp. This amp is
supposed to be 1000 watts x1 into 4 ohms. I have the 2 voice coils in
series, but honestly I'm not too impressed with this sub as it is now.
As much as Adire advertised it being capable of tremendous SPL it isnt
that loud. I'm going to switch to a ported design and see what
happens. Worse case scenario, I build a woofer for in the house use
and use it with my Magneplanar MGIIIA speakers...Oh yeah, and power at
home wont be an issue, I have a Crown MacroTech 5000vz pro audio amp
if I need it (2500 watts per channel/2 ohms continuous)!

I thought this woofer was ideal in small (relatively speaking) sealed
enclosures.

(I found this thread over at diyaudio.com, quite interesting, but alot
of theory discussed, only a couple of actual installs)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...ighlight=tumult